The Elusive Honey Bun

oooh I have cupcake batter! This is so much freaking fun btw!!! Oh and do we agree @lv3shf that the milk and honey is a good idea for the “powdered milk and honey”?

3 Likes

One of my first thoughts was, Cake batter/Yellow cake… and cupcake batter could sum it up…

3 Likes

Not snobs …purist…lol …So what ive seen with the YT crowd is they tend to use more FW , WF etc they build thete recipea based on what the description of the flavor says it is , they tend to be heavy handed with sweetner and narrow minded when it comes to MF or older flavors, they typically ise flavors at much higher pcts , they dont like to steep things so if its not right off the shake its bad…Tjis sounds horrible right lol

NOTE: The people im the panels of these YT streams are very welcoming and great people , this statement is in no way meant to offend anyone or say anyine is wrong…ELR Forum is my home away from home YT streams are my favorite Vacation spot when I’m not at my second home lol…

7 Likes

Today, looking at the real recipe, definitely!

4 Likes

malt, keep it or ditch it… already deleted the custard (and I was thinking of the eggs behind that but yeah we wouldn’t need it because we’re not building the dough base since it’s already in our concentrate for sweet dough and cupcake batter)

2 Likes

Michelle. ,Frank and Suomynon …i am interwsyes In doing this but I just got back from hospital ( upper GI ) and im still sleepy from going under…i cant even type or think…gonna take short Nap and jump.back in afyer

6 Likes

Oh wow, Feel better!!!

3 Likes

This recipe won’t be any good before at least a week (10 days more likely) and bakery?? No chance it’s going to be good off the shake…

6 Likes

Just need a nap …waiting for biopsy results ill be fine :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

yeah and I’m ordering the frosting because I don’t have it. Waiting to see here what else I might need to add to my flavor stash.

3 Likes

Keeping you in my thoughts that the biopsy turns out well.

5 Likes

If your going for a chocolate glazed honey bun then the easiest starting point might be CAP chocolate glazed donut, it provides a good chocolate glaze and a fairly decent donut base, it Probably wouldn’t take too much twisting to get honey bun out of it…

4 Likes

Thank You signing out for a couple hours take care
…talk later

5 Likes

I really wasn’t going to chocolate glazed, I was just looking at the ingredients listed in the little deb honey bun and cocoa was in there LOL. I’ll ditch the chocolate.

3 Likes

It’s not a choc donut check on the first posts, it’s Honey Bun.
No chocolate, thank god… :rofl:

5 Likes

Not sure what role the malt is playing in the ingredient list above either LOL

3 Likes

In mixing, malt is a very dangerous ingredient for muting…
I’ll sign off as well, have to get dinner ready for the family… catch you all later!!

4 Likes

okay talk soon and no malt LOL we’re turning this into a Flavorah recipe

Where I’m at so far

TOC’S Honey Bun Trial

1.20% Cupcake Batter (Flavorah)
1.00% Frosting (Flavorah)
1.00% Milk and Honey (Flavorah)
0.50% Sweet Dough (Flavorah)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 4.2%

4 Likes

I know, she had chocolate in her original recipe though, and they do make chocolate glazed honey buns, so I thought that’s what she was going for

7 Likes

So what I know is that I don’t have the right flavors to work on this…I did place an order with BCF and OOO ( cornbread) when i get those I would like to join you guys and gals on this journey…will let you all know when my order comes

3 Likes