The endless Sweetener Topic

I update this… Neotam test is done, for the coils it’s super good… Still there are the health concerns regarding its similarities to aspartame make it less attractive. Today i will make some erythritol soluting in 100% VG. Someone has experience with it? I heard it has a slight cooling effect? What % are you guys using? I’m planning to mix a 5-10% VG Solution to use 1-1.5% in a base.

2 Likes

Maybe some update as well regarding stevia. It looks like heating up stevia to specific temperatures can cause toxic vapors so this might be tested with caution. The latest hope for me is Erythritol. I’ll report about it again as soon as I mixed the stuff

2 Likes

Small update… Today was cooking day. Due to the information I gathered here I tried to push the limits… I got now a 80vg/20et emulsion cooling down. Warmed it up gently inside a lab glas with the microwave to reach those 121C melting degrees for the ET. It completely dissolved. Had to put it into a second glas and reheat it once more so I got rid of the left over crystals which where stuck on the first glas. Now the liquid is 100% clear and is not crystalizing after reaching colder temps. Let’s see how it vapes.

3 Likes

Another Update. Sadly 20% where to optimistic. After cooling crystals showed up in the solution. Looked like over saturated. So I reduced to 10% and cooled it down once more for a.longer time on a really cool place. And… No more crystals. 10% solution is super sweet. Tried some drops on the lips. I will mix some liquids now with that 10% solution and given you guys some feedback. On the lips i didn’t had any artificial tastes or cooling effect which you would get eating the unprocessed ET crytals. Promising so far.

1 Like

Is that the same as Rick’s?

2 Likes

Very good question, since I couldn’t find any info what sweet agent is used there i highly doubt it since it is the least cost effective to produce. My goal was having a sweetener which can withstand high temperatures and is good for the coils and lungs.

3 Likes

I’m not much help because generally I don’t use sweetener but Rick’s Sugar Daddy is popular. It does have ethyl maltol though so can mute flavors. I am looking at one for a particular recipe and will prolly go with FLV Sweetness. It’s supposed to be pretty clean.

2 Likes

Yea i used Maltol as well… I actually tested every sweetener allowed in germany for vaping. This one seemed the best choice even if it’s more complicated to make because it doesn’t mute flavours it actually enhances them as far is i was reading. And it’s chemical properties are really good for such a usage. So I will give this a try. I just saw none company in the US offering a 5% solution for this purpose. I’m now at 10% so not bad. I just made sure i use GMO free erythritol. Bought 1kg for like ~10 USD over amazon. Which is quiet cheap imo and I use it to sweet my teas and coffee as well.

3 Likes

Erythritol also leaves a similar sweet taste on the lips like sucralose does as far as I know. Thats not what I was looking for but for some people this is the reason they love sweet liquids so much.

3 Likes

So, are you in Germany right now? If so, what’s the vaping environment like? Friendly, illegal, restricted?

2 Likes

Have you tried Monk Fruit as a sweetener? It can be used as a replacement for EM, and is stable up to 1000F, I believe.

3 Likes

I got EVERY kind of sweetener I will need: from EM to all these different sweetening flavours like brown sugar and raw and red dates to nastyarse common sucralose.

3 Likes

Good Morning :sweat_smile: Yea it’s relaxed here at the moment but they gonna increase nicotine tax next year here sadly. But no crazy bans like in the US, in Europe it’s not allowed adding Vitamins into liquids and we.also had no contaminated Weed Liquids here so far so regulators leave us alone at the moment.

2 Likes

Never tried that one… this is one of the more “hard to come by” sweets in germany. This and stevia i didn’t try yet this stevia i got access to. Still stevia seems not so temp stable

1 Like

Yea same here… Tried them all but nothing fits my mix and vapenstyle so far. Anyway this weekend will be double premier in my lab using the DIY sweetener with my own created flavour. Gonna share for sure if everything bis vapeable :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Day 2. Still crystal clear at 10% mixed my first special mix i gonna share here as well… enjoy you weekend guys and gals!

How much did i use?

For a 60ml bottle:

70.8 grams VG
9 grams Erythritol

2 Likes

For me Erythritol sits in the middle of the mix
…What I mean is that with Sucralose you can get the Sugar lips it sits on top of the liquid so you get that lips making swetness …Erythritol Sweetens the entire liquid through out No sugar lips …I personally liked Stevia but got a bitter taste always so I ended up combining the two 75 pct Erythritol 25pct Stevia …The Stevia halps put the Erythritol and makes it sweeter and the Eryrhritol takes aways that bitter Stevia note . Combined I end up getting all the benefits of both while they both seem to fix eachother problems

This was what I first did 80/20 which worked good but I landed on 75/25…just my experience

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I gonna test it stand alone first and then start combining it. If it really sits at n the middle like you say this might be what I’m looking for. Cheers buddy :grin:

1 Like

I found this online:

“Stevia 97% RA (Rebaudioside A) is EXTREMELY heat stable and similar in glycerol in heat performance, withstanding temperatures up to 1100F (593C) without degradation or major mass loss.”

2 Likes

I never found Erythritol to be sweet at all. I’ve heard it has the same sweetness as VG, which I don’t think is remotely sweet. But, everyone’s tastebuds are different. Mine certainly are. :frowning:

1 Like