The endless Sweetener Topic

Well i tried the vg before and after mixing it all together. That 10% is definitely much more sweeter than vg alone.

1 Like

Its definetely not a SS sweet but it does sweeten the entire mix where SS is basically the top note of recipes …Thats the easiest way to explain…But No it is not something that is going to replicate Commercial liquid sweetness

2 Likes

Yea like you said… that what bothers me with the sucralose it’s way to dominant. I’m looking for a overall sweetening up without pushing the sugar taste to much. Btw… I looked for 100% pure stevia but we just get 97% purity here the 3% are additives you should not vape at all probably. :frowning:

1 Like

The thing I quoted about the heat stability of 97% Stevia was from a DIY vendor. Stevia would require something to be dissolved in like PG or VG, so it would no longer be 100%, right?

1 Like

Yea the issue i have is the impurities in the stevia. 97% stevia and 3% Additives… Amd those 3% probably are the stuff you don’t wanna vape what so ever.

1 Like

I forgot to say that there isn’t a 100% pure Reb A Stevia. (Reb A is the sweetest compound in the stevia plant)

1 Like

Little update. The sweetener is still crystal clear and I already started vaping the first batch mixed with 1.5% sweetener added. It adds an overall sweetness to the mix without muting it. And you actually have a sweet aftertaste on your lips. Gonna try a 3% super sweet mix this week in a squonker to see if the coils gunk up using a super sweet mix.

2 Likes

Few weeks have past. Liquids have been steeping long enough… So I landed now at 10-15% of the sweeter being the range adding a significant sweetness to my liquids. I’ll try ramping up the % little more just to see if there is a “too much”

2 Likes