The secret to store bought juice

Marketing and pricing.

I fell for it again the other day… €50 for 100ml (120 after adding my own nicotine concoction) for the store’s higher rated “premium juices” and both juices are at best medium quality.
At least I can recycle the bottles.

2 Likes

I totally know why I share my recipes and I agree w/you. Conversely, there are shady people making a profit from someone’s freely shared recipe and that’s just wrong. The intent to freely share does not mean ‘steal my shit and line your pockets.’

8 Likes

It also doesn’t mean change the amount used a tiny bit and take all credit either… but hey… yeps… :stuck_out_tongue:

sitting around, eating nuts and happy I have some ice cold barley pops today!!
¡cerveza fría! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::hugs:

6 Likes

I just have to say how much I appreciate everyone here on elr for sharing your recipes. I have learned so much from this site. I quit smoking (cold turkey) after 37 years when introduced to vaping. I make ejuice for my husband and I. I would not be able to make ejuices without learning from all of you! Thank you so much!

18 Likes

Sorry. What does it mean by :
Sweetener typically 2./.
Does it mean to use 2 kinds of sweetener? Or 2% of sweetener?

And also this one :
Super sweet or 3-4./.
Does it mean to use 3-4% of super sweet? Is this super sweet by Capella?

I’m one of those guys who is trying to get store bought eliquid profile, but have never been able to so far. I’m dying of curiosity
I’ve tried 3% of sucralose before and it’s sweet indeed, but it’s just sweet. The profile isn’t quite like a commercial liquid (full and thick flavor). It seems the flavors in my liquid is missing something that enhances them to be stronger.

Would appreciate any advise

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR.
You understood correctly, ./. should be taken as %.
Probably someone having difficulties with his keyboard

1 Like

Simple answer. It’s two things imo. A well balanced recipe, well thought out, and for me my flavor percent end up being touch high. But how high do you go??? Practice and plenty of mixing.

I’m not saying go way over the norms but if you increase by 0.15% of a flavor you may get a better result, but that may throw of the “balance.” There is no perfect answer to this and only an opinion.

Beyond that is using complimenting flavors of the same type…like using two different Apple flavors to get a singular Apple vape and then using a contrasting flavor sometimes to enhance. Typically called and enhancer like using a lemon or orange or a spice like cardamom.

What I don’t recommend is adding sweetener to everything at the start. To me, it’s the last step of the testing process. To me…sweetener covers shit up by hiding a poor recipe.

7 Likes

Welcome!

It would help to see the recipe(s) you’ve tried. You can use the blue wrench dropdown menu on your recipe to share privately (without needing to make the recipe public in the database). Once you’ve clicked “share recipe privately” you can scroll down and copy the long url and paste it right here. A better place might be the “Fix My Mix” thread. Just use the search bar anywhere in the forum and use those key words.

I’d also loosely recommend trying 0.5-1% Super Sweet. 3% is through the roof! I say that from observations, not experience, so take it with a grain of salt. You’ll have a better chance of hitting the sweet spot by starting low and working up if it needs it.

3 Likes

@GalacticResidue Whatever you do, papapapleease don’t quit sharing! Lol Regardless of what nefarious thieving ass-hats are doing, your shares made a huge difference for me! I’ve been vaping for 9 years, maybe… so just imagine what this very broke girl has spent on commercial juice. I’ve started and stopped DIY at least 4x… it just never went well. Then about 6 most ago found this site. Your recipe portfolio and about 3 other mixers MADE my experience, and in 9 years, this is the first time I’m vaping all DIY. So your shares make a huge difference! THANK YOU!!! And that goes not just for Galactic Residue, but all of you experienced mixers who share… I’m sure u all have your fans, and your recipes help us newbie mixers find our feet and our DIY passion. Thank you, truly.

15 Likes

+1 on that. And not just ‘covers’, but for me, sweetener can often destroy a recipe. Must be something with my palate or chemical sensitivity or something, but adding even recommended sweetener has destroyed at least 40 recipes for me… I just do not dig the taste of super sweet! So if you’re like me, don’t be afraid to experiment w different sweeteners, or leave it out altogether. You can always add a few more drops of “sweet”, but I’ve thrown out literally 20 oz. or so over-sweet-to-my-taste juices.

4 Likes

That is a very nice thing to say! Thanks for your kind words and support! It’s nice to know others are enjoying my mixes besides myself lol. ELR is by far the best diy community on the net. Everyone here is always so kind and the generosity of everyone here always puts me in a good mood! Thanks again.

9 Likes

Thanks for welcoming this newbie. You guys are so warm
Thank you for the advise

I tried some of the top recipes such as :
Smooth Morning Kick by Lars
I modified it a bit with coconut

Mother’s Unicorn Milk by apwroblewski

I also modified it a bit. This is the closest to store bought juice in my opinion

Mama Melons by Jennifer Jarvis

This one is great! I mixed the original. However, still, the flavor isn’t “rich” like store bought ones. How should I put this, it’s like if store juices are full donuts without hole, my mixes are regular donuts with a hole on it. Sorry, can’t think of a better analogy.

8 Likes

That’s a great analogy! There could be a few reasons, the first culprit to think of is understeeping. How long have you let these sit in the dark before concluding they have holes?

6 Likes

@Alchemistry_Juice, What is “pemanis sucralose?”

If there isn’t an entry for it in the flavor database, maybe @Sprkslfly can help with a suggestion.

5 Likes

Indian for sucralose but perhaps he referring to a brand of stevia.

5 Likes

Pemanis is Indonesian for sweetener

5 Likes

Yes, I think it’s Indonesian. I used DIY sucralose without a brand but the sweetness is supposed to be similar with branded sucralose, and I guess I could use that entry.

I steep for at least a week, then I try the mix. I usually don’t vape a mix continuously until it’s empty, I vape another mix and then go back in order to also feel how the flavors develop. Maybe this is it? I mean commercial juices must’ve been in the shelves for months

3 Likes

Do you do solos before putting your recipes together?

That does depend on the distributor and how fast they are, as well as supply and demand…

3 Likes

What is a solo?

3 Likes

Single Flavor Test

5 Likes