The secret to store bought juice

No, I haven’t done it before.
I think it’s important, though
I’m going to look up a method in @anon84779643’s thread

5 Likes

Little late posting to this but I had to reply here when I came across reading this thread.

No need to get 100% close to the original when you can make the profile much better. Many mixers have gotten into mixing to make their own e-liquids better than commercial recipes. Clones of commercial e-liquids are not the end of perfection for e-liquid creation and should not be the goal for success for any mixer. One example is Mothers Milk or Unicorn Milk as remains today been blown away by other mixers pushing better notes from that profile. Today, I can’t even vape either of those commercial juices and like it. So for me, I just take a profile I like and mix it till I make the great hell out of it. May take some time but eventually it happens.

10 Likes

Yes, I agree 100%. I just asked if there are any exact clones to see how they are “built”. I heard of some clone where you couldn’t taste a difference and it was just one flavor plus a crazy amount of sweetener. So one secret to store bought juice could be a simple recipe with a lot of sweetener and possibly something like vape wizard, sour wizard etc.
I’m sure the food industry has all kinds of compounds in their arsenals to not necessarily make it taste better but to give a better creaminess, mouthfeel, whatever.
Cream flavors for example are a total mystery to me and I only get them to work in very low percentages. And I haven’t found one which actually makes a creamy mouth feel. in higher doses they always become kinda harsh and the opposite of what I expected. And then there are flavors with this exact effect you wouldn’t expect, like cactus or something. So my theory is still that it depends a lot on what exact chemicals there are in the flavorings, not just the flavor itself. I guess it would be very eye opening to see what exact chemical the companies mix into the flavor extracts.

6 Likes

There are zero exact clones… the hardest part to replicate is the lab environment.

Knowing your flavors tho will give you at least a 80% chance of getting close to the profile you are aiming for. I suggest do single flavors (Solo) from the lowest you can taste, up to the highest… and take lots of notes… Have fun! :slight_smile:

8 Likes