The secret to store bought juice

The secret is simple! Less complex recipes and sweetener! Commercial e juice typically uses less ingredients to make commercial juice! Most bakery mixes average around 3-5 flavorings. Fruit or candy vapes use about the same depending whether or not you have multiple fruit medley or just a single fruit juice. Example blue raspberry probably only uses 1-2 flavors. I’m not saying that all commercial juice doesn’t have some complex recipes. There are some.

Sweetener typically 2./. Super sweet or 3-4./. Tfa sweetener is found in most commercial e liquid. Most of the people here probably know this! I’m posting this for people having a hard time with their mixing results or just wanting to get closer to commercial liquid. Will it kill coils? Of course. Will it taste good? Depending on the mix it should lol. Anyway there’s my two cents. I’m sure there’s other opinions and I welcome them all!

18 Likes

Groundbreaking

9 Likes

Lol I know right! Just was bored and haven’t posted anything in awhile!

8 Likes

I agree… There’s a local company here called Cascadia Juice and their recipes usually consist of 3 to 5 flaves and some additive AP , Sucralose, Sour , cooling agent but they pound those juices with sweetener

Note : Most companies also stick with the big 3 ( FW , Capella and TPA )

9 Likes

Oh ya forgot to mention that! Good point @fidalgo_vapes I know they aren’t mixing real flavors with ooo!

7 Likes

@GalacticResidue it’s NOT a secret! And triacetine… (smooth and the like) so you can have a conglomeration of flavours so that you don’t (and never will) know what the f… it tastes like… :joy:

7 Likes

There’s another factor. Store bought juice offerings, either in-house or commercial, can be attributed in some ways to sites like ELR, ATF and Reddit. They take our ideas, rename them and voila! Instant no-brainer profits.

11 Likes

Some times with the same name, I can say!

9 Likes

Yes that’s why I have a hard time sharing sometimes! I do though because it’s nice to share with the community and support ELR

5 Likes

Yes I agree! The main reason for the post was to help beginners keep recipes simple and work their way to more complex recipes! Experienced mixers already know the “secret”! However there are lots of new mixers trying to emulate store bought juice. You’re absolutely right about the additives! Did I use a click bait title yes I did lol.

10 Likes

Are there any recipes on ELR where you can not taste a difference to the original? Most I tried come close or have their own flair but are there any 100%matches?

3 Likes

It depends on the recipe and what the user was trying to clone. But generally I think there are very few, if any, that are actually 100%…even though the recipe author will often CLAIM it is.

4 Likes

@TorturedZen I can’t believe I can’t find it already, but I JUST read a thread here on ELR regarding a member, who’d posted a recipe, and started getting great feedback, and lower in the list, someone chimed in that he (the recipe poster) had copied it from a eBook on Amazon !!!

Needless to say, the eBook was release a year AFTER the recipe had been posted on ELR, so it turns out this b00b on Amazon GOT his recipies FROM ELR, posted them in an eBook with no credit given.

I’ll try to find it.

9 Likes

@TorturedZen

#72 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 01:02
This recipe came from an e book off Amazon kindle it’s not his recipe… but I think it’s funny he’s taking credit for someone else’s work
#73 by Mourning Glory, Jan 17. 2018, 03:59
Lol … You’ve got to be kidding me …
#74 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 04:17
No I’m not kidding…
#75 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 04:20
E juice recipes by Jerome miles Amazon kindle copyright 2017
Is the original maker of moonbutter
#76 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 04:21
Look it up
#77 by JoJo, Jan 17. 2018, 05:35
You do realize this recipe was published on this site in Jan 2016 right? Unless you’re saying someone has stolen this recipe and put it in a book and is selling it on Amazon?
#78 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 06:30
Yes someone is styling this recipe on amazon kindle
Jerome miles e recipes
#79 by JoJo, Jan 17. 2018, 06:38
@Perce You sounded like you were accusing Mourning Glory of stealing this recipe from an Amazon kindle book. It sucks that this kind of thing happens, but it does happen a lot. Are Strawnana Custard, Mother’s Milk, Bust-A-Nut, etc. in there, too? Leave a one star review on Amazon and call them out for stealing, if it really is the same recipe. Hey, look on the bright side MG, you’re now a famous, published recipe creator. Except nobody knows it’s you. :-/ Guess that’s not very bright. People suck. Sorry bud.
#80 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 07:04
Yeah I guess I thought the opposite since the other guys was published… my bad
#81 by Perce p, Jan 17. 2018, 07:05
Yep congrats
#82 by MysticRose, Jan 17. 2018, 23:56
Interesting. Wonder which other recipes he has stolen. I’m not going to give him any money to find out though, not even the $.99 for the Kindle edition. I know people do this, but it really pisses me off!!!

7 Likes

Yep, I remember. Was this Jerome Miles douche ever outted for that? Probably not.

3 Likes

Outed in some of the reviews on Amazon @TorturedZen.

I apologize to the OP for the derail.

8 Likes

I don’t really know many thinks about commercial juices. What I know is when I start vape, around 2010-2011, the commercial juice was single flavours. Flavourart, TPA etc. No sweetener, nothink else but 1 flavour pg/vg and nic. Now some times I bought commercial juices but only ones have found sweetener, from a local company, in fact one friend give it to me because he didn’t like it, I didn’t like it either. Hahaha

4 Likes

Lol I know what you mean! Before DIY I spent so much money trying to find good juices. Finding only a handful that were good. It’s literally like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

4 Likes

Thats one of the reasons it took me almost 6 years to complite quit from the sticks. Who wants to vape straight apply? (Not me)

3 Likes

I can say I know of at least 7 juice “companies” that do use @Flavorah in their lines. In fact, 100% of those lines are FLV only. I have helped a few develop lines for a few businesses. I also know, there are decent people out there that only want to sell juice made the best original styled recipes.

Don’t let it all get you down, remember why you share your recipes to begin with.

5 Likes