There can be only ONE cream

Just one cream to use forever… It can be whipped, butter, ice, milk… And then you find out THAT flavor causes you to lose your nipples so you have to pick a replacement for it?

I guess I’m getting bored and started retrying old flavorings that I’d given up on and started building a cart of creams, so clotted cream ssa worked really well for me this week and that spurred me to try and find the more current ‘best creams’

3 Likes

Whipped cream and cream fresh fa for me.

7 Likes

Talk about only one cream, it doesn’t exist because that cream becomes boring. Matching creams to fit the recipe (lite, medium,heavy) is the trick .

10 Likes
8 Likes

Is this a non-vegan form of necromancy?:

One cream to rule them all,
One cream to find them,
One cream to bring them all
and in the richness bind them.

@rcleven is right about matching the cream to the task: I don’t tend to go down sweeter roads but I have a fair few concentrates which match a range of creams.

Again, try some, see how they taste and then query why one cream is behaving differently to the others and name the missing aspect you seek.

To repeat myself and reinforce @TorturedZen’s main lesson - try and test, perform SFTs, use knuckle and scent tests and then report any issues you have with one aspect in a recipe.

9 Likes

2 of my favorits have been listed already and out of those 2 it would be tough. I have always said FLV Cream would be that choice if i had to make it. Rcleven is absolutely right imo though , theres no cream like making a cream base that suits the recipe

8 Likes

If …

Then, … it would have to be FA Cream Fresh.

I use a LOT of different creams for different jobs, BUT …

7 Likes

There is always that but.

6 Likes

Is custard a cream? I have seen people categorise it as such…

7 Likes

Well, our Sir Mixalot does like his big BUTS!

7 Likes

I consider custard a cream. A heavy cream. It is a dairy product.

4 Likes

Well that does depend on how tax is being calculated: Cream could more easily be classed as an essential, whereas custard would lend itself more to a ‘luxury’ classification. There is extensive case law on such points.

7 Likes

3 Likes

We watch Sherlock and pondering it. And, obviously hope that in the name of all mildly benevolent powers that it doesn’t feature Will Farrell.

3 Likes

My take on custards is this. I’ve always thought of Custards separately from Creams. I’m not so sure that JUST because Custards can BE creamy, that they’re “creams”. I think of Creams as Creams, and Custards as Custards, AND, just because many Custards ARE creamy, that doesn’t make them Creams.

Just because many Custards are Creamy, it doesn’t mean many Creams are Custardy …

I take Cream(s) in my coffee, NOT custards, ALTHOUGH, that might just be a good idea …

7 Likes

OMG now that is something I never considered… Oh, my diabetes would be all over the place if that was a thing! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

It seems that you’re going down a model of rabbinical reasoning: people always complain about a shirt getting dirty but no one is concerned about the dirt becoming sleevey.

I’m more than happy to make such a moot issue a 3 pipe problem.

5 Likes

When America can find a way to make deep fried butter; adding corn starch and eggs to a coffee is a step requiring nearly no additional effort.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t worry, it was ONE GUY, and he’s OUT. He’s not going to be coming back. #Bad Idea, #Ejected

7 Likes