Thoughts on someone taking recipes from others and turning a profit

1 Like

…she already knows about this dude and has special plans for him. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

If I could love that post 1,000,000 times infinity I would :joy:

2 Likes

YAAAS! That’s what I’m talkin’ about! :smiling_imp: On our side of it though, when we share a wonderful recipe, we set the good loose in the world. Karma knows it originated with us. Suppose this larcenous person sells to someone who finally gets off the smokes for good because of THAT recipe. That good karma comes back to it’s origin, not to the thief.

4 Likes

i wouldnt do it myself but if its that serious to someone , quit talking about it and do something about it , i guess my comment was drastic but to be honest it seems like since the fda put out the regs people are super offended by others and what they are doing anyway to each his own ,

2 Likes

this old chestnut again eh lol, I think the general consensus was if you’re the average kinda mixer, makes a bunch of 100ml juices and sells a handful of 30mls to friends and colleagues just to fund your mixing then that’s fine as long as credit is given where it is due…that’s me…if you’re a store front blatantly selling everyone’s recipes and claiming them as your own and making bank whilst doing so then that’s low and shouldn’t happen.

8 Likes

Again, what’s the issue?
Is he doing something wrong? Sure!
Is it anything to do with us? No!
Let the proper authorities deal with it, we are not the e liquid police.

It’s almost like the people who name their liquids this way, want the drama, just make an original name up for someone else’s liquid and not draw attention to yourself and we at ELR can continue without a care in the world.

7 Likes

I personally do not care if someone profits off of my recipes. If it helps people stop smoking that is ALL that matters to me. The recipes that i do not want to share or if i like someone elses recipe i just keep them private. I really do not need a shout out. My Ego is big enough already. Just my op

6 Likes

I feel the same , calling the FDA because someone is selling ejuice is pretty disgusting IMO.Not to mention they don’t give a big rats ass about anyone’s stolen recipe.
Just feel honored that your recipe is good enough to be sold for money and forget about low life trash such as this guy.Life is too short to spend it worrying about all the ways people will screw you.
As @Kinnikinnick has posted Karma is a ruthless MoFo and will handle this with ease!
If you decide to waste a little time on this guy , I would suggest buying a bottle of and making sure it is indeed your recipe.Who knows he doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed and perhaps he will include a return address on the package.I have been told there are ways to have a little fun with people if you have their address?

4 Likes

yep just a different way of asking lol

2 Likes

i created a recipe a few months ago , on my own just using percentages that pretty standard and trying to keep the percentage under 15 percent after doing some research my recipe was one percent off of someone elses so i kept it private , i didnt adapt it the reason is bc i didnt want anyone thinking i copied another recipe , then i came to realize that this is going to happen unless your making rexipes like @Amy2 that are veey complex with flavors most dont have , so from here on out if i adapt a recipe or use anothers recipe for my own enjoyment. ill keep it private but if i create a recipe that is close to anothers on accident than thats unfortunate especially with everyone using the same flavor notes and following the same people , so whats really original ??? we know bust a nut is and alot of others but if its pretty common flaves im gonna bet we are gonna come up with some recipes that are similar or same without knowing , so enjoy ELR it was and for the most part still is a drama free place where people from all walks of life come together and enjoy each others thoughts HERE IS MY FINAL THOUGHT ON RECIPE THEFT , it sucks and for some its wrong but its legal and you posted without restrictions so create a better one original recipes are hard to come by anyway especially great ones but we are lucky to find them here arent we ???

3 Likes

final final thought , from now on i have dibs on naming recipes after harry potter things like hogsmeade or giffindor, so from today on youbwill be copying my stuff if you do so , JUST KIDDING HAVE A GREAT DAY

2 Likes

im not good at moving things like posting links from my phone is there a simple way to do what you just did

great name for a liquid…:laughing:

1 Like

Coincidence? Maybe? But I found it interesting that on a FB group I follow, the PSA below came around the same time as your thread concerning this issue. To make it more interesting, guess who is a (non-posting) member of this FB group… Mr. Holmes. Hmmmm…

“PSA from your friendly neighborhood group Admins. If we catch wind of a member using recipes users have shared and selling them (or product made from them) we will ban you from the group and out you in as many other DIY groups as we can. We share things for the good of the community not so you can make a buck being a lazy ass.”

…sometimes a persons doings can be their undoing. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

im on my phone lmao

1 Like

Not that I know of - I work in a separate tab, then copy the URL, go back to the tab where I am writing and paste the link on a line by itself :slight_smile: It works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good Lord, why would anyone make a shoe like that? I’m getting so old.

1 Like

It looks great for kicking ass, running away after, not so much :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Well it’s the same with any other kind of recipe, “oh jeez I added an extra teaspoon of sugar this is totally my cinnamon roll recipe now!” I work in a bakery and my 74 year old insane boss thinks she owns all the recipes she pulled off the internet… If I brought in a recipe from the Culinary Institute of America textbook she’d claim it as hers.
Doesn’t change the fact that it’s a dick move, but it’s been happening for a millenia and will continue long after we die. All we can hope for is others to trust our integrity and honesty.

4 Likes