Tips for a new mixer

First I would like to say Hi, I am very new to mixing and would like to ask all you master mixers were to start with some simple recipes to get me started. I have been studying the site and getting a little lost with some of the more complex mixes, I know this has been asked before so sorry for asking again, but a little help will go along way
Thanks

9 Likes

Have yiu entered your flaves in Stash ??? That is important so we can look…There are a lot of different combos with 3 to 4 flaves …Complex is fun but todsys flavkrs make it easy to mix

10 Likes

Welcome @Shane16 to the forum and the mixing world.

First some questions for you…
What vaping setup do you use?
What flavour profiles do you like?
Do you have a favourite commercial juice you already vape?

Just helps to work out what might work for you.

12 Likes

Glad to have you with us, some of the masters will show up in time. I would start out keeping it simple two- three flavors then when you feel your ready for a bigger mix go for it. .start out mixing small batches, if you miss it up. Your not out nothing, the ELR calculater is and will be your best friend. Be safe in your mixing and have fun.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard Shane-
I will echo the comments of all those above. And, you should be prepared to show a level of patience when waiting out the time for steeping. The ‘shake n vape’ crowd are just people that didn’t plan ahead. You will undoubtedly see some people with advice on shortcuts or ways of getting around the process. Don’t buy into that shit. Also know that heat and air do not play well with flavor concentrates!
What you take away from this thread is just the surface. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of DIY as you go along. G.L.

12 Likes

Welcome @Shane16

9 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Shane16.

9 Likes

Welcome @Shane16 and enjoy the rabbit hole.

10 Likes

thanks all for the welcome
i have put one mix in the site just for refference i getting lost with steep time compared to shake and bake and percentages within the mix

7 Likes

sorry forgot to mention i mainly vape with the topside dual with the asgard mini or the kenndy thats my all day vape i akso use the broadside mech with the drop v 1.5

7 Likes

Hi Ianc
i mainly use the topside with the asgard mini or the kenndy. i also use the Broadside mech with a drop on top.
i love custards or anything with watermelons

6 Likes

Try to get TPA Vanilla Custard II, Inawera Custard and/or Flavour Art Premium Custard for the custard part.
As for watermelon, you could try Inawera Watermelon, Capella Double watermelon, and/or watermelon (yellow) from Wonder Flavor. Molinberry Big Watermelon was said to be the best.
As for steeping time, I usually steep 1-3 days for fruit mix, 2 weeks to a month or more for custards and bakeries, and at least a month for tobacco mixes.

A simple mix would be using custard with fruit, for example, custard premium FA at 3% with juicy strawberry FA at 3%

9 Likes

thank you delltrapp. i know it going to be a long journey that i look forward too this gives me a great place start.

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Shane16. I can only echo what has already been said by my fellow mixers as it’s all very good advice. If you get stuck never be afraid to ask.

7 Likes

Agree totally on these steep times. I mainly vape custards, cheesecakes and creamy mixes and find a minimum of 2 weeks is needed for these. Of course if you can wait a little longer they mostly improve with age.

CAP Vanilla Custard (original not V2) is one I use quite a bit but it requires at least 4 weeks in steep or longer for my tastes. INW Custard is a rich eggy custard and is good after 2 weeks.

8 Likes

Right up my alley.
As for @delltrapp saying tpa custard i wouldnt. I made that mistake starting out. It tastes like pepper to me. As most of anything vanilla from tpa. Id go custard v1 cap. Pretty straight forward with it add some sweet strawberry cap and bavarian cream and you got a fruit filled custard. Here is a good and simple custard if its what you like. Can easily add strawberry to this too

8 Likes

@Shane16 Welcome to the forum. I have no advice, but glad you are here. Some good and knowledgeable folks here who are truly helpful. Have fun !!

6 Likes

I wrote TPA vanilla custard II. It doesnt have that pepper taste.

The reason I didnt put capella vanilla custard and TPA vanilla custard is exactly because of that pepper taste.

9 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

I found that the vc2 tpa had some weird off notes and wasnt a good vc to my taste or partners. Cap is the safest bet. Honestly i havent really read any pepper tasters of the cap v1. Makes me want to google that now lol

3 Likes