Tiramisu Cake

Tiramisu Cake I’ve made is from Inawera and the cake flavor just isn’t there so what I’m asking is what “Cake” flavor would best fill in the missing ingredient? The recipe is simple enough 2.5% Inawera Tiramisu but its lacking the cake and mascarpone it’s there but needs a bit of help. Its definitely a good flavor but for my liking needs more cake flavor. I’m hoping someone else who’s tried tiramisu can provide me with advice on the cake flavor. I’ve got lots of Cream, Custard options but not sure about the cake.

2 Likes

To get some ideas, try
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=tiramisu&missing=0&recipesonly=1&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc

There’s graham cracker, cookie dough, cheesecake, cookie, biscuit, sugar cookie, funnel cake, pound cake, cupcake, … first try to see if you can do anything with the flavors you have or buy a few to try that have a promising flavor profile. Do some research, read notes.

2 Likes

I like yellow cake at 2%Jungle flavors with cornbread ooo at 1.6%

2 Likes

That cake is ladyfingers drenched in booze, coffee and cheese

2 Likes

A yellow cake or maybe pound cake would be a good starting point, but if you go too heavy with it then you can throw off the balance of the tiramisu and will have to add coffee etc. back in

2 Likes

The way I’m reading this is you’re only using Tiramisu. Are you also mixing in the cake and mascarpone? Tiramisu by itself won’t cut it.

3 Likes

Is tiramisu a yellow. Or white cake ? Airy or Dense typicalky ???

3 Likes

This was my immediate thought

4 Likes

After looking it up on the internet i think maybe a Cheesecake and Pound cake would be the direction i would be heading …Add Italian Cream or Greek Yogurt…

5 Likes

I’m definitely picky lol but yes I’m just trying to enhance the single recipe from Inawera it has the alchohol rich coffee and chocolate but lacks the creamy & cake flavor. I’m looking to add subtle hints of cake and probably use Bavarian Cream or a Custard substitute for the Mascarpone. Maybe even a Cheesecake with or without the Biscuit/Graham Cracker. Subtle hints so yes small % but the cake just isn’t enough for my liking.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!!

3 Likes

I’ve googled it looked at most of the recipe’s they’ve all got their own twist on the cake portion. It’s pretty easy to rank the experience of the person just by looking at the recipe some have the cake, Cheesecake/biscuit/Graham Cracker, Cookie Dough, Cup Cake, Yellow Cake etc… I haven’t got a specific flavor for any type of cake. The original food version uses Ladyfingers soaked in an alcohol so I’d say most of that flavor (Ladyfingers) would be muted in the end result.
Thanks again everyone!

Mally

Ps. I’m probably going to add Bavarian Cream but will add the “Cake” flavoring first, test that then add the Cream.

3 Likes

Does the cornbread have a corn flavor?

4 Likes

To me it doesn’t. I actually get more banana vibe off the exhale of that one but the yellow cake tones that out pretty much which is why I use them together

4 Likes

Depends on which recipe you read :slight_smile: I’ve seen them with yellow and white cake mixes and lady fingers

3 Likes

LorAnn BC would be a great addition to your mix! Needs a good 2/3 week steep :confused: …however… on the Cakey needs… hit up some FLV CupCake Batter :wink:

The DA (of DAAP) content is what makes it sooooo gooood! :kissing_heart:

DAAP for the Win! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

Cupcake, Yellow Cake and may aswell add another Bavarian Cream to my arsenal. Thanks a bunch for all of the suggestions I’ll definitely provide my results once everything is in place and steeping is done. Hopefully it’ll help someone else who gets a craving for one of the best late morning desserts cravings lol. Its definitely one of my favorites and to be able to actually vape it is pretty awesome :grinning:

Mally

4 Likes

I’ve had Tiramisu at restaurants and I think adding cheesecake and/or graham cracker would be a mistake. What I had was more of a shortcake, with the Tiramisu soaked in. It was a fairly ‘wet’ dessert. Maybe you could find a nice shortcake recipe and swap in some of your Tiramisu.

4 Likes

The profile for a good Tiramisu is not a cake. It is ladyfingers, and they are light. a low amount of flv cake batter and lembas bread would work for the ladyfingers part… some milk chocolate white chocolate, coffee, cream graham crackers for both the chunky bits and the edges of the lady fingers… a touch of bourbon to “adult” it…

It’s all how one wants their tiramisu to taste… but there is no cake… more so of a light airy fluffy cookie.

4 Likes

The Tiramisu dessert that I’m trying to create or recreate is from a version I’ve had a few times in the past. There are many different types and styles the one I’ve sampled (real food) had cake in it just enough to make the entire dish very memorable so much so that other styles just dont stand out nearly as much. I’ll be adding pre-made already steeped cake flavors before I add any creamy flavor. The Initial Inawera tiramisu flavor is an in your face instantly strong like the real food was but the subtle sweetness of the cake and cream just isn’t there. Everyone will have there own experience with the dessert and my thoughts on the flavors will not be the same as others. I’m hoping to get as close as possible to the flavor that’s saved in my memory from years back and I’m close real close. If only I paid more attention back then it would be easier now but I dont really have “Cake” experience or the flavors but that’s soon to change.
Thanks

Mally

3 Likes