Tiramisu Cake

Maybe this might jog your memory too, Mally…

3 Likes

In that case Angel Cake WF or FLV pound cake shld get ya started

4 Likes

Short cake is a bit denser than a pound cake or angel cake…

its why I suggested cake batter (rich) with lembas bread and graham cracker… I know my lady fingers.

it would sit like this:

.6% cake batter
.4% lembas bread
.2% graham cracker

for a good filling for it, consider .8% cream and cookies… think I am off to mix it up… see how close I came… :slight_smile:

Edit: make that .8% for cupcake batter…just to be on the safe side so I can get that rich tangy sweet cake batter. I even added 2 drops of smooth vanilla for a 30ml…

4 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

3 Likes

My wife works with a lady who was having a baby shower, and who told her she would love a good tiramisu. Wifey never made one and started googling. I told her we should check out Youtube. So we sat that Saturday and watched probably a dozen or so tiramisu videos. We picked this one due to the obvious authenticity, plus the incredible charm of this Italian gem. In fact, I have no living grandmothers and would love to adopt her!!! Check it out if for no other reason than to warm your heart.

7 Likes

Yup… feel your sense memory there. From ‘82 to ‘85, I worked as a (5th down the line) sous chef/waiter at a little Italian & Continental Cuisine restaurant to help with paying my way through college. The Greek owners wife was a “rail thin” German woman, who had a penchant for dessert creations. One of her specialties was a ladyfinger lined, brandied raspberry torte. :drooling_face:x1k

She also created a spectacular rum based fruit/nut gâteau. She would use the same sponge cake batter for the gâteau and the lady fingers which lined the torte. :drooling_face:x1m

The woman knew her batter! And it was that sponge cake batter she used for most of her more decadent creations. Truly an orally orgasmic mouth feel and olfactory delight! I’ll never forget it for as long as I live! My most fond memory of Mrs. Kavias was when she literally spanked me across the kitchen with a huge wooden soup ladle, because she caught me in the walk-in freezer cramming pieces of her gâteau in my mouth! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It hurt so good!

Good times! :drooling_face:x1b

Good luck on your Tiramisu liquid! :wink: … hope you nail your memories in vape form!

5 Likes

When a little ole’ Italian Grandma tells you how to make Tiramisu I say we listen. If you made that her way, it would be not a cake at all… when she said biscuits for her little grandkids I was thing gerber teething biscuits?

What I took away from that video is these flavors LOL
Meringue
marscapone
Eggs
Kahlua
Sweetness
Coffee
brown sugar
cocoa
lady finger cookies (biscuit?)

2 Likes

I believe that what Americans call cookies the rest of the world calls biscuits lol

4 Likes

I think you’re right. I know when I first ordered the UK FA Cornish cream tea I thought it was going to taste like a biscuit (southern) and strawberry jam, which is funny now, but this was when it first released LOL. After watching that little Italian grandma make that recipe I came up with this idea (I HAVEN’T mixed it yet )

TOC’S Italian Tiramisu : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3478568/TOC’S%20Italian%20Tiramisu

1.00% Biscuit (INAWERA)
1.00% Cookie (Flavorah)
1.40% Cream Cheese Icing (LA)
2.00% French Vanilla Ice Cream (VTA)
1.00% Meringue (FA)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)
1.00% Tiramisu (Booster) (FA)
1.00% Yogurt (FW)

Flavor total: 8.9%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/yNpk

2 Likes

She now has a new subscriber, so thanks for turning me onto her! I would have never in a million years thought using those biscuit/cookies that way made Tiramisu!!!

2 Likes

When me and wifey made this, it’s stunning how quickly the lady fingers soak up the coffee mixture. I actually spent more on that dessert than I needed to because I went to Starbucks and bought the espresso - which those ninnies have no idea how NOT to charge for individual shots. I think I paid around $15 for a large cup - yeah, I’m an idiot. But there’s a long history of going to extremes for my lovely bride.

The tiramisu was really good by the way, but I think it would be much better with a different espresso. Personally I don’t care for Starbucks and find most of their bolder coffees taste way over roasted.

7 Likes

Good man! …if you didn’t, there’d be something seriously wrong with you! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, and it would look something like this…

8 Likes

Ouchie! Ouchie! Ouch! :confounded: That trip to the ER would not be pretty! :rofl:

3 Likes

So I gotta ask … when you say ladyfingers my brain goes to twinkies without the filling? Are you using hard ladyfingers?

2 Likes

I do have Sugar Cookie by Capella and it might possibly be a good substitute for the Ladyfingers. I might just mix up a small tester size bottle and do a bit of tank/bottle mixing here in the next few days. It’ll be a few weeks before I actually get my cake/batter flavors ready for mixing so until then the Sugar Cookie will have to fill in the vacancy. Any other suggestions or substitutions are greatly appreciated and thanks again everyone!!

Mally

2 Likes

I bought them from Publix. No, not cakey at all. They’re fairly hard in the pack. This is the brand I got.

4 Likes

Thank you so much, never seen those in my store but I’ve never looked.

3 Likes

One thing I would add - when the lady fingers are dipped in the coffee mixture, they soak up a ton of it. Now little ol’ Italian Grandma says to let the finished dessert sit in the fridge for 3 days - covered with plastic film. DO THIS. During this time the flavors meld and the lady fingers become very soft - almost cake like.

I’ve never had tiramisu cake but I can imagine it would be good to go right after making. Just not convinced it would be as good as the original recipe.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned that there are a few styles and variations of the dessert and people have even added there own twist to the recipe’s. I’ve been fortunate enough to try quite a few different varieties but the one that is locked in my memory was definitely made with cake and used a liquor for the wow factor. It literally took your breath away from the first bite but followed with that creamy cake finish. It was a shock of heavy coffee, chocolate and alchohol but the cream and cake toned it all down until the next mouthful of pure delicious delight. No other dessert really comes close to it that I’ve tried. That being said there were a few that used the Ladyfingers and they were flavor rich in coffee so I didn’t get much biscuit/cookie flavor out of it but it was definitely delicious and creamy lots of icing and a more even blending of the flavors. It just so happens that the in your face flavor that I’ve got is good but it needs a bit of help to my personal preference. Not sure how it’ll all blend together but I’ll keep you guys posted on its development.

2 Likes