Tiramisu (TFA): Everybody's favorite! šŸ˜›

Unbelievably, I tried a mix Iā€™ve had in the cupboard for 4 months last night and actually liked it.

The only thing I put in the liquid back then was VG/PG and Tiramisu @ around 6% I guess it wouldā€™ve been: tasted it fresh, disgusting like always - back of the cupboard for some time when Iā€™m reaaally desperate for juice.

Fast forward about a month ago I finally had sucralose in the last order and added a few drops of that - probably 5 or 6 in the 30mL bottle since I was hoping to mute some of that awful tiramisu flavouring with sweetness.

Still terrible - back in the cupboard again.

Last night I figure Iā€™ll give it a go as a break from the Arab Blend Tobacco and Mango & Ice-cream Iā€™ve been alternating between.

First hit - bracing myself for the awfulness - the awful didnā€™t come.

Instead, I got a strong, sweet coffee hmm.

Second and third hits onwards I actually got the faintest hint of bitter chocolate on exhale.

Then I thought to myself, "Coffeeā€¦ itā€™s a coffee juice" and realized that if I stop thinking of it as a dessert and - more importantly - stop expecting the fucking inexpressably delicious taste of a dessert thatā€™s arguably one of the finest desserts the human race has ever managed, if I lower my expectations from that to a simple coffee flavour then TFA isnā€™t the devil itā€™s always been.

Suddenly, itā€™s the most accurate coffee flavour Iā€™ve tried: much more on-point than even Kiloā€™s Moo Range Coffee Milk.

Of course it took a fn long, loooong time to steep and I donā€™t even know at what point it went from disgusting to good, but it did.

8 Likes

What are you laughing at @Sprkslfly itā€™s true!

4 Likes

is TFA FA ? that is all BCF haass.

2 Likes

Nooo The Flavor Apprentice - aka: TPA

Their Tiramisu is almost globally considered unusable because itā€™s just disgusting smelling and fresh mixes are just awful.

But I think weā€™r all might just be expecting too much by comparing it to the infamously good dessert itself.

1 Like

oh, well, FA was all they had.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s probably an awesomely faithful tiramisu though, not a despised flavour like the TFA/TPA version.

Still, all versions should be high in coffee flavour and probably replicate coffee better than the actual coffee flavoured concentrates :flushed:

2 Likes

This recipe was created by Head In Clouds. For those who donā€™t know, he/she (I really donā€™t know) was into FA the way Smoky Blue is into FLV. He created tons of recipes, sold some of them and put many more up for free. Thereā€™s even a guide from about 4 years ago which I still use. Itā€™s hosted here on MamaJā€™s site, a now defunct company run by wllmc, the creator of Game Over Custard and he now works at BCF.

This recipe is the oldest of my 5 Star recipes from Dec 2016. Iā€™m vaping it right now. I just got some Inw Tiramisu and Iā€™m going to give it a try soon.

People love this custard by wllmc.

7 Likes

This one: most globally hated flavour Iā€™ve ever seen bitched about onlineā€¦

Note, how after owning for over 3 years the bottle is still 2/3rds full, because itā€™s like 100% pure off note in a bottle and nobody likes it.

The ugliest duckling in a pond full of ugly ducklings.

5 Likes

Incidentally, now Iā€™ve got a choice of several creams plus the Fresh Milk, Iā€™m going to cut that 4-month-old bottle of Tiramisu into multiple smaller mixes and try various combinations of the creams and milk until I get to a genuinely realistic tasting latte.

Though the steeped Tiramisu is excellent as a realistic tasting coffee as stated in the first post Iā€™ve never had any decent dairy flavours and didnā€™t have any dairy when I mixed that 4 months ago.

Course Iā€™m a (generally) normal human being who has both milk and sugar in my coffee, so adding the right milk flavours will finish off that mix beautifullyā€¦

And The Flavor Apprenticeā€™s awful Tiramisu can finally have a legitimate use woo! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

"Maximum edits exceeded", so Iā€™ll just have to look illiterate and you will just have to put up with apparent illiteracy.

Somebody has GOTTA fix that shit: thereā€™s no reason whatsoever why we should have a cap imposed on editing our existing posts: I would fully expect there to be a limit on how many new posts users can create each day, but not on editing our mistakes/typoes/grammar/spelling.

2 Likes

if it where me = i would use and enjoy that as is. make another bottle of it. then make small testers of other things with it. just sayā€™n

3 Likes

But I enjoy coffee with milk much more than black coffee :thinking:

But also, youā€™re right unsafety I should toss the rest in done VG now for 4-6 months time :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll grab another bottle of VG tomorrow and do a 200mL steep of the stuff :blush:

3 Likes

FA is excellent. Just keep it really low.

5 Likes

as do i. but there is no guarantee that your concoctions will pan out. and if they donā€™t, you will be wasting good juice. make another bottle of that, and then testers and get more of that flavor.

4 Likes

I will suck-out 5mL and experiment with that, then if that works duplicate those additions in the rest of the bottle, which is only 30mL anyhoo so itā€™s not a huge bottle full.

And get a 200mL bottle of VG tomorrow to get the next four month long steep started.

:chipmunk:

6 Likes

Dude thereā€™s a long list of shit to be fixed on ELR. Donā€™t hold your breath waiting for anything.

5 Likes

This:

Thereā€™s a lot of flavors that can fall under that umbrella if folks would add one or two additional steps to their process.

1. Test at varying percentages.

Taking someoneā€™s word for what to start with is great. But itā€™s still reliant upon how it interacts with their body.
People often donā€™t put enough weight on just how important that can be.

1. Test them over time.

Again. What you have out of the bottle may not be the ā€œend experienceā€!

Thereā€™s many who enjoy the freshly mixed taste. And thatā€™s fine. But many times, especially with the more complex a flavor is, the longer it needs to come to fruition.

I laughed for several reasons:

• I enjoy seeing otherā€™s progress in their mixing journey!
  • It reminds me of my having to learn that, and where I was back then.

And lastly, the tone/inflection my mind automatically added to the ā€œwhat? Itā€™s true!ā€ comment.

I know itā€™s true! :laughing:

Now I should thank you for the genuine smile youā€™ve put on my mug. /grin

Amazing how much fun such a ā€œsimpleā€ post (yours) can generate! :wink:

5 Likes

For the record, older vendors may list FA Tiramisu as ā€œBoosterā€ (without mentioning Tiramisu). :wink:

8 Likes

good point. What we need to make a decent tiramisu vape is Mascarpone. Iā€™m pretty sure Flv has a cheese that works in itā€™s place but I canā€™t remember which cheese. Hopefully, someone knows and will post it.

5 Likes

Yes!

I have never, ever got even a hint of any kind of cream cheese from TFA Tiramisu either - no matter what % or steep time Iā€™ve tried it at.

In fact, like most people Iā€™d just figured the flavour was completely useless until I forgot Iā€™d even mixed it a few days ago after that four month steep, then got it out to try, and had I been thinking "Rich, creamy chocolate & coffee dessert with thick creamy cheese, I wouldā€™ve just tossed it back in the cupboard.

But because I got another terrible coffee flavour recently enough for it to still be in memory, I re-prepared my brain/taste-buds for the second hit and set them to ā€˜coffeeā€™ and was surprised to discover that steeped juice tasted more on-point as coffee than even the commercial coffee juices Iā€™ve tried.

4 Likes