To Squonk or Not to Squonk.... Question Answered

You learn something new everyday day, as the saying goes. Is it accessible from the menu? And what’s with the }TLDR. ? It didn’t take long to read. Lol.

2 Likes

As you swipe the touch screen through the different modes, TFR is just after TCR. Navigating from one input temperature point to the next is a little hard to figure out. First you long press the TFR letters at the top to get the value input screen. The screen represents one Temperature value or point along the temperature/resistivity curve. There is five or six point that have to be assigned a resistivity value. On that first screen it shows the Temperature for that point. On the steam-engine.org website you set your coil type at the top input from. The second form is for the TCR values. Steam-engine allows you to customize the temperature points along the curve but it’s not necessary, at least for the Ni80 curve as the defaults on steam-engine match with the ones in the Spruzza TFR mode setup. However, steam-engine has three more temperature points than the mod has. That’s ok, just input the ones the mod already has. On steam-engine select the ‘table’ button and it will display a table of the points along the curve values. They list the temperature for each point in both F° and C° and the have the resistivity value. As your setting values for each point in the Spruzza mod, look at the temperature value and then look at the steam-engine table. Get the resistivity value from the corresponding temperature value. That is the number to input in the mod. You will have to do that for each temperature point in the mod, there’s five or six. The mod has a plus sign ‘+’ at the top, below that is the zeroed out resistivity value (00.00000) you will be setting and below that is a minus sign ‘-’. The cursor is on one of the digits of the zeroed out value. Set the correct value for the digit by touching the plus and minus symbols. To move the cursor you swipe left or right across the screen. Do that for each digit till you have set the whole resistivity value. To move to the next temperature point you long swipe up or down along the length of the screen. That was the hard part to figure out. Repeat for each temperature point. Press the fire button or just let it time out to get out of the setup and back to vaping. Your now ready to vape.

It sounds hard but it isn’t. The one annoying thing is that the input screen will time out quickly and then you have to unlock the vape screen to get to the TFR setup screen each time it times out on you. It’s best to print or write down the table before you start setting values. Otherwise you’ll have to switch from looking at the mod screen to looking at the steam-engine web page and then back to the mod. It will time out each time at about five seconds. It took me about seven to ten seconds to look at each value so of course it kept timing out and locking the settings screen. There may be a way to change the time out value to a reasonable fifteen seconds or so, I didn’t check to see yet. I think you can assign the TFR setting you just entered to a memory making it easy to switch the values out if you decide to use a different coil type for your next build.

To me the vape you get seems a notch or two better than when using TCR.

4 Likes

Thanks for the Info, that was very informative. I will have to re-visit the Spuruzza, and play around with it a little more. I understand it much better now that you explained it. And now that you mentioned it, I do remember the TFR capability. I have to say that I usually go right back to power settings after trying out temp on most of the mods I have just because its easier than really digging in to the settings to find the perfect vape. Thanks again!

3 Likes

I definitely love it. :rofl:

1 Like

4 Likes