To Squonk or Not to Squonk.... Question Answered

Yes , the tank is quite tall and isn’t pocket size

5 Likes

Is there a noticeable difference between using it as an RDTA and RDA? I use both the Profile and Unity everyday so I’m curious.

4 Likes

I would probably say as an RDA it’s slightly more flavoursome and I don’t get the dry hits like I do in RDTA mode. But I do like to chain vape and the wicking rods just doesn’t always seem to keep up. It works fine if you have a couple puffs and then wait a bit between your next draw

6 Likes

I chain vape as well and I know how you feel.

3 Likes

Does the original profile and unity have coil builds as well as mesh ?

2 Likes

You can fit coils into them, but it’s an afterthought. I only use mesh, but some here have used them with coils. I believe with the one you have it is an intentional design.

1 Like

Yea it’s got a postless deck but I think it shines using the mesh. I’ve done some dual coil setups and the draw for me is far too tight. Drains battery alot faster in dual coil mode. Have you used the clapton mesh ?

1 Like

Not yet. It’s one of those things that looks interesting yet I don’t think of buying. I use NI80 and SS316L and I’m pleased with both.

1 Like

I’ve tried the clapton mesh and was underwhelmed. It’s not a bad mesh, but it doesn’t live up to the hype. I’d recomend you buy a small quantity and try it out before you buy a year’s supply of it.

2 Likes

This was my thoughts. The flavour is nice providing you don’t bend the wires when pulling the cotton through . Otherwise the wire doesn’t sit on the cotton very well and you get dry hits

2 Likes

I didn’t get the dry hits, but came damn close. After vaping with mesh for awhile, you get to recognize the signs before they happen. Chain vaping on the mesh claptons, is pretty risky IMO.

2 Likes

That’s why I have switched back to the wotofo extreme mesh. I don’t think there’s much difference for flavour

2 Likes

Just ordered 4 of these…

5 Likes

I pre-ordered two of mine from there. One of them had the power button failure thing happen. I pushed it to take a drag and it stuck/ kept on firing. I just unscrewed my RDA until it quit.

I ended up taking something sharp and poked it in the circular seam around the power button and wedged it upwards. Mashing it over and over or hold mashing it did nothing to solve the problem. Pulling it upwards or away from the box got it unstuck. I haven’t had any trouble since then.

They’re decent mods. I’ve had no trouble with filling or leaking. One con that I really don’t like is it squonks slowly. It’s the slowest flow of juice out of any of my squonk mods. Hopefully they changed the opening or tubing to a wider bore on yours.

5 Likes

Nice to know, thx for the info.
I heard there are some of the mods that had the firing button issue, but they would replace the mod if you contacted them about it.

3 Likes

I picked up one of these also,
@INOIROC is actually hit the mark on the way it Sqounks slow, I have not had any button sticking problems, I think most of those were in the first batch release. The filling method is not the best either imo, I am very careful not to lose or strip that cap, Hopefully we will see those on sites for purchase, If you lose it you would be S.O.L. I love all the other pulses I have and have been using them daily since I bought them. I wish there were more of the Pulse X mods around as that is my favorite out of all models, but they are getting rare and if you find them they are still $50-$60 or more, I do like the color screen and the features VV App, find my mod ETC. Its a great mod but I may try to find a bottle around that fits well and get rid of the stupid rod in the bottle that has to be the culprit of the slow sqounk.

3 Likes

Yeah, the main reason I purchased these was for the costs of the other pulse mods… I run 4 of those on a daily basis, I had 5 but one isn’t working correctly, (keeps saying no atomizer and ya have to unscrew the atomizer and re screw it back on… each time to vape). I’m hoping to use spare bottles I have instead of using the bottom fill, I currently use refill bottles that connect to the 510 connector to refill.

3 Likes

The pump on the Asmodus Spruzza only puts out a small amount with each pump. I was annoyed at first but I got used to it pretty quick. The Spruza is a good Squonker and the Oni single coil RDA that came with the kit is really good. The only con is the build deck well could be deeper, it doesn’t hold much.

2 Likes

The Spurrza is a nice mod, I have a green one and it looks great, I was always afraid I would put my finger through the little glass door on the tank as it fits super tight, but I guess that’s needed for a good seal. I couldn’t pass on it when it dropped way down in price, I bought mine from vapor range, and at the time I know they had the tanks and glass to buy separate.

2 Likes

I am careful to set the mod down on a flat stable surface, a counter or desktop, and only put finger pressure near the top of the tank glass where it is supported on three sides. I push it up only enough to where I’m able to get a fingertip against the bottom edge and complete the opening of the glass with pressure on the bottom edge only. I don’t foresee ever breaking the glass that way as long as it’s not opened too much so as to hit the metal pump lever.

The Spruzza has become my favorite single 18650 Squonker of the four I have.

I just realized today the it has TCR and TFR both.
TLDR{
I had to do some web searching to figure out what TFR is. Now I’m going to test it out. TCR is a linear power adjustment as the resistance increases during heating. TFR is a series of points you input the values for that correspond with the coil material. TFR results in a power adjustment curve approximation instead of a linear power adjustment approximation as used in TCR. TFR is more accurate because the resistance changes for the different coil materials are not linear, they follow a curve. You can use steam-engine.org to input your wire type and it will give you the correct values to input. All DNA chipped mods, at least the 200 series chips, use TFR values instead of TFR.
}end_TLDR

4 Likes