Tobacco Recipes

I’ll take a look through my list and see what’s what. @Josephine_van_Rijn has it as well, perhaps she’ll beat me to the punch. ; )

1 Like

Wow! I thought I had made a recipe using this flavor, but I look back and see, not so much. I must have just gone through the taste testing process. I do remember it being a very nice light vape; one for folks that may not be keen on real strong tobacco flavors. This may be why I pushed it to the back of the collection! I like the stronger tobacco flavors. But, that doesn’t mean start with 5%!

I have found with Inawera tobaccos, a low starting percentage is a good thing; they tend to “bloom” in the bottle.

Do you mix by volume or weight?

By weight i got tired of syringes quite fast. also prbably because inawera is super concentrated i cant seem to find notes to add to it.

Good. Then put 2.4g of base in a bottle and add 0.10g of French pipe. This is a 5% mix; just enough to taste test without a bunch of waste. 5% will probably not be what you’ll mix in the end for a recipe, but, it will give you more or less what to expect from the tobacco. I do this ratio often cause I’m too damn lazy to let it steep for a week.

1 Like

Sounds good thx man

1 Like

Found this thread for you.

1 Like

I have used the French pipe as a substitute for black mile in Fidel’s private stock II to get the chocolate note.
3 - 3.5% single flavour gives you a great vape after a good steep.

1 Like

So after testing French pipe @ 5% i got to say i love this flavor it reminds me of what my father used to smoke in the holidays. Got this steeping adapted from LES 's #4 custard and i got to say if it tastes half as good as it smells ill be in heaven.

4 Likes

Wow! That didn’t take long! And away you go…

Looks awesome! Even if you pared that recipe down to the French Pipe, Oba and custard, I bet it would kick ass.

I have found that some tobaccos get lost after the combo of 6 or 7 flavors. That’s ok though, if you’re going for just a hint of tobacco in the mix. Recently, I’ve been cutting way back on the flavorings which go with my tobaccos; looking for that hearty leafy kick.

1 Like

See how you are, I take a couple weeks off to make a trip to Diagon Alley to check out some new flavors, and you forget all about me.

3 Likes

Whipped up a couple of new tobacco recipes today which included some new Flavorah flavorings in my stash. These are only WIP (work in progress) for now; tasted them on my finger and was suitably impressed. Gonna break my own rules and drip a little bit of each in a bit, just to test my theory on some of the pairings.

3 Likes

I mixed 3 testers of RY4 Double (TPA), they’ve been steeping for 7 days and I just tasted them in a dripper today for the first time, all three taste like a “medicine”, nothing like a tobacco. So either they’re not ready yet or maybe RY4 is an acquired taste and not one for me. I’m new at DIY, any advice appreciated.

1. RY4 Double 10%
  2. RY4 Double 10% + 2% (TPA) DX Hazelnut
  3. RY4 Double 10% + 2% (FA) Caramel
1 Like

RY4 really needs a month to steep for it to be at it’s best. It comes out with a caramelly, marshmallowy, tobacco (slight) flavor. If you want to try an amazing RY4 recipe, @RocketPuppy’s RY4 is divine. :smile:

1 Like

Long steep time is the key with tobaccos; no way out of that.

This is my wife’s fav mix and she’s never without it.

Really high on the RY4, but steep time cures most ills.

1 Like

thanks JoJo & Jimk, didn’t know it took that long steep, back in the drawer for these 3 testers then, many thanks and I’ll bookmark those 2 recipes for sure!

1 Like

Give it some time. I love just about every tobacco except RY4. I’ll take perique over RY4. Don’t know why, but just don’t care for the flavor. So, that being said, RY4 just may not be for you.

Are you experimenting with tobacco flavors? (i.e. Trying to find one you like?)

…and welcome to the forum! Good to have you here on ELR! ; )

thanks, I’ve only done 3 DIY recipes so far, a Custard, Fizz Mustard’s Strawberries & Cream, and those 3 RY4 testers. My favorite all day vape was a tobacco by Charlie Noble called Tripoli, but that got expensive as an ADV, hence the move to DIY. I’ve started out using simple recipes with flavors I think I’ll like, leaving the more complicated stuff for later. cheers!

1 Like

There’s a clone called Tripoli, don’t know if it is what you have vaped but you can check it out to see if it rings a bell flavour wise, if so, you can make your own. :grinning: And welcome to the greatest forum on the planet!

1 Like

It was the same with just about everyone here! Too much $$$ for ADV. ; )

Well, there are lots of folks here that can help make your start into DIY much easier, so don’t hesitate to ask questions. ; )

1 Like