Tobacco Recipes

This will be my first tobacco diy

I ordered some FLV coconut myself, today. Iā€™m looking forward to trying it in some tobacco mixes.

Good luck with yours. There are lots of good tobacco flavors out there. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find one that does the trick.

Mixed up my first tobacco coconut test batch.

Hangsen No 5 - 5%
INW Virginia TA - 1%
FLV Sweet Coconut - 1%

Waiting for the frother bubbles to dissipate and Iā€™ll give it a try.

I have a friend wanting a couple tobacco vapes. One that tastes like a Marlboro red, and another that tastes like a Marlboro menthal. I have searched and none of the recipes I have found look promising. Any help would be great!

Looking into trying tobacco flavours in the near future.
What strikes me is that it can be a mind field of flavours and although I smoked for over 30 years I never ventured far from my UK based cigarettes, Benson and Hedges, Embassy Regal and latterly Lambert and Butler.
They are the brands I would love to recreate as I was never a fan of Camel, Marlboro or 555.

It sounds like such an easy and simple request from your friend, but in reality, itā€™s like the holy grail of tobacco mixingā€¦lol. Thereā€™s something about that combustion factor, thatā€™s so difficult to duplicate. in vaping.

You know how cigarette smokers are. Once they find their brand / groove, it might be their go-to for a decade or more. Remember the old Terryton commercial, with the person with the black eye? ā€˜Iā€™d rather fight, than switchā€™. lol. Itā€™s true!

Iā€™ve never seen (or heard of) a cigarette smoker that tried a vape, and said ā€˜Yes, thatā€™s it!..Thatā€™s my brand!ā€™

I think weā€™re dealing with two goals at once. One satisfies the taste of the cigarette, and the other satisfies the nicotine craving. For me, the nicotine craving was the easy part. The taste was another matter. I spent a month or more, trying every commercial vape shop tobacco juice I could get my hands on, and they all fell short in the taste department. Thatā€™s when I started researching DIY tobacco mixing, and found two threads that were game changers for me.

and

I jumped into DIY and started trying some of the suggestions & recipes there. Did I find the perfect recipe that duplicated my long time Camel Filters & RYO brands? Nope. But I did find so many awesome mixes that it kept my taste buds happy. After about a month, the taste of the Camel Filters & RYO brands were becoming a faded memory, and were replaced by all these great recipes I was trying. Taste & Nic satisfied = happy camper.

I think the key is keeping the tobacco taste buds busy with good flavors, while the memory of our old favorite brand fades. Essentially, weā€™re retraining our tobacco taste buds. Unfortunately, I think thatā€™s when most break down and go back to cigs, because of the frustration and $$$ of trying commercial juice after commercial juice, and coming up short.

After all that long winded BS. I threw together a mix this morning, and Iā€™m letting the bubbles settle down before I try it.

Hangsen Tab Blended - 3%
INW Tobacco Absolute Virginia - 1%
INW DNB - .5%

Iā€™ll let you know if I think itā€™s worthy.

2 Likes

Maybe something @Walt_RealFlavors can do, bet they would get a lot of requests if they could nail standard tobacco flavors

If he can, Iā€™ll be a customer for sure. Weā€™re both Motor City boys. Iā€™ll even bring my own bottles, lol.

The tobacco flavor itself is pretty easy to find. Unfortunately itā€™s like a freshly opened pack of cigs. Itā€™s missing the ā€˜combustion factorā€™.

1 Like

Here is where we get in to one of those rough waters area. We make an RY4 for one client exclusively but every time I release a tobacco flavor to the publicā€¦ I get phone calls from the banks, USDA, and investors screaming we just became an eliquid company ha.

I am interested in working with some but would have to white label it with a distributor.

1 Like

I donā€™t really want to start my journey down the road of tobacco recipes and learning all those new flavors. I agree. It would be impossible to get a vape to be an exact replacement for a Marlboro Red. That was my cigarette until a couple years before I quit when I started smoking cigars and other brands. I thought if I could get myself unhooked from the Marlboro leash by mixing things up daily, I could gradually ween myself off of my habits one at a time.

I really have no desire to mix up a Marlboro flavored juice. But this is the second time I have been asked by this guy to fulfill these two flavors. He said if I can get this woman (a friend of his) in a good tobacco vape that reminds her of a Marlboro Red and Menthol she would buy a lot of juice from me. Meh I say. So I donā€™t need an exact recipe. I just need a plain, non fruity, non cream-flavored tobacco vape that isnā€™t ridiculously harsh. One that sort of resembles the flavor of a cigarette. I am guessing if I can get a tobacco vape that doesnā€™t have any flavoring other than tobacco, then add a menthol to the same recipe those will just have to be close enough.

I will be mixing up my first tobacco recipe tonight. It is one I came up with on my own from reading flavor notes and reviews of some of the flavors. This is for me. Not for her. So it will have creams and other flavors in it. I may toss her a bottle of this recipe too so she can try it.

Here is what I am going to mix for myself. Please tell me if you think this looks ok for a tobacco recipe? It seems like mixing with Tobacco flavors is going to feel like starting all over.

Bacco Butternut:

0.3% Acetyl Pyrazine 5%
1.8% Butterscotch (Flavorah)
7.5% RY4 Double (TPA)
2% Toasted Marshmallow (TPA)
2% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)
1% Walnut (FA)
0.8% Whiskey (FA)

I donā€™t do tobacco either, although a few years back I did vape a mix that had a little ry4 in it, my neighbor across the street that tried vaping but quit because he was a long time Pall Mall smoker and couldnā€™t find any b/m that would make anything he would likeā€¦ he had asked me a while back if it was something I could do. So I kinda watch and see, only tobacco flavoring I own (currently) is a ry4 (RY4 Double-TFA that I havenā€™t even tried or used yet).

You should definitely give @RocketPuppyā€™s RY4 a try. Itā€™s not super tobacco-y. One of my all time favs. :slightly_smiling:

RocketPuppy's RY4

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.2
Caramel (FA) 0.5
Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) 0.5
RY4 Double (TPA) 5
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.5

Flavor total: 6.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

ā€œI agree. It would be impossible to get a vape to be an exact replacement
for a Marlboro Red. That was my cigarette until a couple years before I
quit when I started smoking cigars and other brands. I thought if I
could get myself unhooked from the Marlboro leash by mixing things up
daily, I could gradually ween myself off of my habits one at a time.ā€

Yeah, thatā€™s the hurdle I had to get over, as well. Keeping the taste buds happy, or distracted, long enough to unhook from what they were used to for so long. Luckily, it worked for me. My cigarette cravings now are situational. Out in the garage wrenching on a car, and fishing. I still find myself reaching for my shirt pocket, out of habit, when Iā€™m doing those things.

Your recipe looks a little on the sweet side, for me, but thatā€™s a list of tasty looking flavors! Iā€™d be curious how they worked together. Iā€™m familiar with the RY4 Double & Toasted Marshmallow. RY4 Double & RY1 are my favorites in the RY family of flavors.

I tried my recipe, above. (While I was out in the garage, wrenching on my carā€¦lol). I really like it. Iā€™m just starting to experiment with the Virginia TA and DNB. The percentages above really hit the mark, as far as adding that cigarette tobacco dryness and ashy hint. Iā€™m going to be using that combo again, with some of my other tobacco base flavors, and see where it leads me.

Pushing someone elseā€™s tobacco buttons is hard to do. Iā€™ve been trying for a few months, with my wife. Sheā€™s a Marlboro Lights smoker. Everything I give her to try, is ā€˜too tobaccoeyā€™ for her. I might reduce the tobacco flavor back to 1% and just add the Virginia TA and DNB as above, and see how that works for her.

3 Likes

I donā€™t have that Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA) any idea how much Shisha Vanilla might change the flavor?

Is that the only vanilla you have? Madagascar is like straight vanilla bean/extract vanilla where shisha is more like frosting, but itā€™d probably be fine. Just a little sweeter than normal. Might drop a bit of the caramel if you do that.

lol, some of us are still building our inventory I have a couple different VB Ice Creams and a Bourbon Vanilla also FA Cream and Swirl, but no other straight ā€œVanillaā€. Which it strange because I thought I did.

Sorry, I didnā€™t mean it like that! :confused: I would try the Bourbon Vanilla first. I think that is what I used the first time I made it. It shouldnā€™t make a huge difference as those two are pretty similar. The Bourbon is a little spicier than the madagascar, I think, which may even make it better in this.

lolā€¦ I didnā€™t mean it to sound like that lolā€¦
I may mix that up later today after I find out if they are still vaping or willing to try again. Your original recipe only had .5 Carmel in it but you said I might wish to cut it down a bitā€¦? I thought the .5 would have already been a bit lite.

1 Like

Been trying to make something good with Royal(FA) and after many weird profiles this one as of right after the mix is pretty good. Airy soft sweet the ā€˜ā€˜mentholishā€™ā€™ aspect of Royal makes this very light i love it. I could see Royal being subbed by French Pipe INW at about 1.5 -2% ish, Making another 15ml because im vaping this one till its dry!!

Ohmā€™s Royalty : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/491645/Ohm%27s+Royalty

1.5% Almond (FA)
2% Cake (Yellow) (FW)
2.5% Cream Fresh (FA)
4% Royal (FA)
0.75% Toasted Almond (TPA)
2% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
1.5% Vanilla Tahity (FA)
4% White Chocolate (TPA)

Flavor total: 18.25%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/3WDT

Oh gods of steeping donā€™t let this one go wild!!!

3 Likes

@d_fabes tells it like it isā€¦ I agree completely with his last few posts here. Ya just gotta find something youā€™ll enjoy, vape wise, to keep you off the stinkies.

1 Like