Tone back harshness

So I am all about strawberry lemon flavor. It’s like my second addiction with nicotine.

Anyways I’ve been trying different percentages of lemon flavors. I have FW Natural Lemon, Cap Juicy Lemon, and Cap Italian Sicilian Lemon. But I can’t seem to get it to give me a smooth throat hit. It’s always slightly harsh. Tried a little cotton candy in it but still get the harshness. Maybe I need to try a different lemon. Also going for more of a candy lemon like lemon drops, or lemon heads, instead of a natural taste.

7 Likes

The one I use for that is Flavors Express - Lemon. I’m not sure about the throat hit though because I like a nice harsh punch to the throat and I want it in every recipe.

Hopefully, when others start commenting we could get an answer to that.

7 Likes

You could try use smooth tfa/tpa or wizard fa

6 Likes

How long are you steeping your mix? My experience has shown lemon will become less ‘edgy’ and begin to smooth over with a little time.

15 Likes

@VapeGnarly333 a little marshmallow and/or cream can do wonders for taking edges off. Used sparingly, you wont even be able to taste it in the final mix.

12 Likes

Let it steep longer. Give lemon a 5/7 days to mellow out the harshness.

8 Likes

recently i started using a electric rotary tool to mix, i bent small loop on the end of a 5’’ piece of wire hanger and tightened it in the tool. works great.
i noticed that the juice seemed to have a smoother, less harsh, throat hit.

5 Likes

:point_up: THIS! Works for me, every time.

This is right on. It works for most citruses I’ve used.

I used this with a pineapple orange mix that was so harsh I gagged. Almost immediately I could vape it!

10 Likes

Sounds like I need to let some steep lol. I just started DIY mixing so I’ve been trying to find a shake and vape I like to make some and set aside for steeping. I think I have a batch finally and made two bottles of it. One to vape now, one to steep.

Damn my patience!!!

9 Likes

+1 for getting some FE lemon, nice lemon for cany tones and doesn’t fade. I don’t care for sft so can’t comment if it’s harsh off the shake. SC lemon is identical and I think is available at BCF if you don’t shop at Flavor Jungle.

7 Likes

I need to ask questions and get answers before ordering lmao. My most recent order just showed up today. Now I read the FE Lemon reviews like damn should have gotten that shizz too lol. Sounds like exactly what I want. Strawberry with a hint of lemon head.

6 Likes

No such thing. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Welcome to one of the diy syndromes most of us fall prey to starting out! :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah it will probably help me long run outside of DIY juice too lmao.

5 Likes

Lemons just need a little time the harshness will settle …Could be that you may alwsys get a little more harshness from lemin then other fruits though . Usually citrus flavors do that . Most lemons fade over time as well so softening them with MM or EM or anything else play work but id suggest vaping it quick because IME those will also help accelerate the flavor fade

7 Likes

That makes sense. I worry about the fade I keep hearing about. I used to vape Sorbet Pop Straw Lemon. What do they do to prevent fading in a commercial juice?

5 Likes

Sucralose and additives… They also pump up the pcts sometimes add another lemon on top of a lemon or a touch of lime with lemon . Super Sweet (Cap) will help at half a percent it contains citric acid and some other additives that help with saturation . If I use a sweetener ill start at .25pct with SS or half a pct with FW

Post a couple recipes see what ur vaping on

7 Likes

You need to get some Inawera lemon. (not Shisha, just plain old lemon)

5 Likes

I use to love it , I think they reformulated it bc it is so different and pledgy / rindy …It use to be a close second to MF …

5 Likes

Here is what I have mixed up now.

5 Likes