Toothpick Trick

Thank you for sharing, I’m a mesh fan, but I’ll try it on my son’s Zephyrus V2 that’s a bit dodgy on that.

How in the world did you think to use a tooth pick as a cotton spacer? Thats pretty darn smart imo…I never would’ve thought to try that! When I first got the original serpent mini I just knew that it was gonna leak cause the cotton basically sits right on top of the airflow…very close anyways. Surprisingly its the only rta I own that’s never leaked, weeped, seeped, dribbled, drooled, etc. :drooling_face: It hasn’t even had a problem with condensation. I realize though that its a much smaller rta with a much smaller deck but the airflow is millimeters away from the juice flow. Could the postless deck be a part of the issue? The airflow on the ammit and kylin are elevated as well right?

I dont own either of those tanks but I’ve vaped on the Kylin. Just from looking at pics of the deck I think I have a good idea of what’s going on…Maybe. As we vape, we all know that condensation builds up inside the chamber. It collects in the drip tip, the catch cup below the drip tip, and everywhere else for that matter. With the Kylin and Ammit producing so much vapor theres bound to be loads of condensate running down the inside walls of the chamber and slowly working it’s way into the angled side airflow. I have no clue what you could do to stop that if it really is the issue. I still want one though! The Kylin and Govad are at the top of my “must have rta” list.

Btw I love the name of this thread lmao! All I saw was toothpick trick and I had to see what was up!

Sheer desperation! I love the vape on the Ammit Dual Coil and the Kylin, but the seeping was getting in the way of the enjoyment. I’ve done this with every rewick, and it’s definitely slowed down the dribble, but hasn’t stopped it. I theorize there may be spitting off the coils going into the airflow or even condensation. Either way, after rewick I do get several days of dry conditions - and normally by the time the moisture rears its ugly head again it’s time to rewick anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

This reminds me of the freakshow V1 RDA. I don’t have these tanks, but unlike a majority of modern BAF RDAs it appears that the hole is not high off the deck. Compare to a Cigreen Gear or Freakshow V2 for instance.

Spitting is definitely an issue with all BAF attys. After months of very hot usage you’ll find there is some residue in the AFC of the Gear, but still not a seepage problem in that design. So maybe note how much your build is spitting and see if your seepage is higher.

@SthrnMixer, have you had the same issue with hemp? I definitely see how pulling the wicks off the deck would help in this design. They need to raise the chimney off the deck more IMO. Really interesting AFC otherwise.

It probably has something to do with the geometry of the BAF ports as well. My Pandora RDA has never seeped at all. The small ports likely make the velocity of the air fight off spits. One more tip, try sucking 2-3 seconds longer than the fire, especially with big coils. This also reduced seepage for me on the Freakshow v1.

1 Like

I’ve not tried wicking either of these RTAs with hemp…yet.

1 Like

No more bottom airflow on the new Vandy Vape Pyro! I love my Kylin but I hate bottom airflow.