Tough Times Ahead for Europe?

@Gus6 how are things in your neck of the woods ?

1 Like

I don’t quite understand the question, English is not my native language, and expressions like “neck of the woods” are difficult for me…
If you ask how things are going for me, personally it’s not bad for me, but in general things are not going well here.
In Spain, industry and agriculture have been disarming for a long time, in favor of Germany and the Netherlands. The big investment groups do what they want, all public services have been privatized or will be soon… And now Europe is facing Russia and China by order of Nato…

11 Likes

I’m sorry @Gus6, I always forget that BECAUSE your English is so good. You answered the question perfectly. Thank you for your response.

Excelente respuesta Gus.

6 Likes

In general, people believe they are closer to Mark Zuckerberg than sleeping under a bridge… When they realize the reality, it is too late…

3 Likes

I know there is/are a LOT of people screaming @Mikser, but is anyone listening ?? !!!

2 Likes

Wow @Gus6, that was VERY well said. Very well indeed.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Extension cords

2 Likes

@anon44012888 I post this stuff for two reasons. One because we’re being TOLD it’s happening. Two, I’m hoping some of my UK friends will chime in, and tell me it’s inaccurate.

3 Likes

2 Likes

My Wife was born in Germany, and has many family members over there, we have been trying to get in touch with them for the last 3 weeks. But no luck yet, I will let you guys know what they have to say, as soon as we make communications.

3 Likes

@Bad_Influence this ^^^^^ might end up being an even bigger problem, as dental issues can, and will spread throughout the body, and cause even more health issues if left unattended.

6 Likes

“he had a heart attack from tooth pain and infection”

3 Likes

Every day there are more stories surfacing, like the “new” problem of councils pumping sewage straight into the sea. I read an article about that and then talked about it with my neighbour who said that’s not a new thing. That’s what they used to do before they joined the EU. Hard to figure out these days which fuckup was caused by what, brexit, covid or the war in Ukraine.

6 Likes

Sarcasm font on…Dental care is not that important. I mean, your teeth, gums and jaw are only a few inches from the un-needed organ…the brain. Sarcasm font off. Dental care is critically important for a number of reasons, including heart health, brain health and quality of life. A toothache can bring anyone to their knees and a serious abscess can be dangerous (for me, a trip to the hospital, foggy thinking, temporary partial loss of vision in one eye, fever of 103…but loved those antibiotic drips in both arms.

9 Likes

Don’t forget the blackouts. They’re forcing everybody off gas but here, they closed most of the facilities we need to get enough electricity.
We’re supposed to have a windmill in the backyard.
It is going to be one disaster after another.

It’s all one big push into agenda 2030, we will own nothing and be happy.
That is, if you accept being turned into some mindless robot by Yuval Noah Harari

6 Likes

Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities, Universal Basic Income and World Economic Forum. All WOKE-ism bull shit.

4 Likes

I feel really sorry for the people living in the Ukraine, but I don’t think the situation is quite the way that you are picturing it.

People in the Ukraine are sacrificed in an economic proxy war.
I will include a short video with some more background. It has some valuable background information.

It wasn’t Putin’s idea to let us freeze. If they were so very interested in helping Ukraine, they should stop sending weapons to continue the war and plant their arses around a table and talk, like grown ups.

Now they have to send Ukrainian girls into the war because they are running out of boys.
That’s not helping the people living in the Ukraine. It is only helping some people to line their pockets.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter why what this guy says. Yep NATO is getting closer to the Russian border. What he doesn’t mention is NATO doesn’t recruit country’s to become members of NATO. Country 's have got to apply to NATO to become members. The countries government 's that have made a decision to apply to NATO have made the decision to have nothing to do with Russia.

1 Like

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one :smile:

1 Like