TPA Blueberry (extra) - can you taste it?

Hi!

I’m a big fan of blueberries irl, so I got some TPA Blueberry (extra) in my first DIY order ever. That was in early 2015, if memory serves. But, ever since I have been trying to get me to taste any blueberries! I once mixed up a 15% single mix and I could taste the blueberries a little - it tasted faint, not much asides from sweetness. Afterwards I tried many mixes with blueberry as a prominent feature in the flavour profile, but every single time I can’t taste any blueberry at all. What’s more, once I add blueberry extra to the mix, the other flavours get muted, too! It’s like they get sucked in the wasteland of blandness…

So, has anyone experienced this or something similar before? Any thoughts?

More info:
I just thought of something… as I have been using the same old batch of Blueberry (extra) from when I bought it, it might be that the vendor stored it improperly or for too long before bottling some of it to be sent to me (Chinese vendors are incredibly unattentive to details). At my place, I have kept it in a generic unicorn dropper in a moderately cool (around 32C inside in summer), dark place.

Some factors that can be ruled out: It’s not vaper’s tongue, I can taste everything just fine apart from Blueberry (extra). It’s not PG/VG ratio either. Setup and coils can be ruled out, too. I don’t use sweetener a lot, either.

Last note: I love blueberries! But I don’t have access to many flavours, only most TPA except for the more extravagant ones, less than a dozen FWs and about 20 CAPs.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I can see where some may have problems actually tasting the blueberries in blueberry extra it’s a sweet creamy blueberry that’s artifical for sure but most ppl use it around the 4-6% mark you may also try adding some Blueberry wild TFA in w/ it to help boost the notes. I personally love both of those but the knock is , is that they really aren’t that potent of flavors. If you are looking for strong blueberries look into Medicine Flower it is so potent I cannot even use it even at 1 drop it’s all I can taste. Other honorable mentions in strong blueberries would be INW, FW both are very powerful and have a wildness to them.

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile: Unfortunately I can’t get any Blueberry wild or Medicine Flower or INW or FW blueberry… :cry: Got my first order directly from TPA, took a month or so to get here, then another month of paperwork, running around, emailing, calling and paying a bunch of taxes to get it in the bloody country. :disappointed: not doing that again.

2 Likes

Ugh So sorry for the tease. Do you have sour ? If so you can add it at 1-2% to help boost the blueberry extra.
You said you have Capella’s , any chance you have their Blueberry ? I tend to mix a couple different vendors at a time when one falls short on potency. I like to use Cap’s Blueberry around 4-6% you could do half and half and see if you get a better tasting blueberry ?

1 Like

I wish I could help ,iirc you are located in China? I have just purchased the Blueberry from Medicine Flower and like it so far but it is still early.
I also have Flavorah but I wasn’t happy with it until I added some Flavorah Boysenberry to it to help round out the flavor.I am sure that is probably next to impossible for you to get as well though.
Maybe if you could post the ones that you have access to someone may have some experience with them.I know some people shy away from Chinese flavoring manufacturers but I have tried and like several of Hangsens flavorings?

That is a great idea @Amy2 , maybe you could use a drop of citric acid if sour isn’t available?

2 Likes

Absolutely Citric or Malic whatever he has availability to !

1 Like

Yep, I indeed have Sour TPA. Thanks for the tip! I’ll try CAP Blueberry, too!

My flavour stash is public now, I think.

@BoyHowdy The funny thing is, I can’t get any Hangsen inside China. How crazy is that? They don’t do business in mainland China it seems. :disappointed: I’d love to try their tobaccos, too…

2 Likes

I don’t have the words to tell you how crazy that is! That is just insane ! :rage:
Have you ever gave any thoughts to making your own using a PG cold extraction? Very simple with the tobaccos but of course that only works if you can actually buy the tobacco’s and Blueberries to extract the flavoring from.

1 Like

Haha, there’s lots of crazy stuff going on here :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I tried NETs before, cold and heated, with Captain Black and some teas. Turned out alright, still have a ton of NET from the one time I did the heated maceration, lol… But once I tried the tea extractions, I noticed that something went wrong and what I thought was the Captain Black’s flavour, was actually just the funky flavour of PG, I guess. I think I didn’t control the temperature properly. Always wanted to get back to it, or do that extraction with alcohol, but never took the time. :confused: So, not too confident I could do that with Blueberries! :sleepy: But thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Don’t know about you but I do the exact same thing with TPAs blueberry flavors as I do with Strawberry Ripe. Half and Half with a second blueberry. Myself, I use Blueberry FW for the 2nd Blueberry. Works out great just like mixing the strawberry flavors…

3 Likes

I wonder if it is possible to lets say order some flavors and have it sent to an address here in the states or a friend in another country and have that person rebox the contents and send it to you through personal mail?

1 Like

Good idea! Unfortunately that wouldn’t help much. I sent quite a few packages over the years, from my mum’s to my place and it was a PITA every single time. If, big if, it arrived at all. I lost a whopping 50% of all shipments in the last six years. :rage: There are people who suspect that the Chinese post’s sloppiness with international parcels, especially from the US, is intentional - to discourage overseas purchases and help the Chinese economy. Ha, but it’s not working at all… :triumph:

Yep that’s where the idea came from it started w/ making strawberry more realistic and strong now I do it w/ any fruit that’s weaker.

1 Like

what does PITA mean?

• that totally sucks. So do you go to school there or you live and work there? Sorry bout my curiosity. You don’t have to answer of course.
  • So I guess whenever you go to another country you have to stock up.
1 Like

Of the 6 blueberry flavors I have it’s the weakest flavor. I mix it with another blueberry around 3-4%. Can you get (TFA) Blueberry Candy or (FA) Bilberry?

PITA= Pain In The Arz :slight_smile: you know what I’m saying when I say Arz right hee hee

1 Like

Ever tried ordering from this website?
http://www.hiliq.com/diy-e-liquids?___SID=U

1 Like

I got it. Thanks.

• I always suck at figuring out texts with codes in them. I just recently found out what LOL meant lol :blush:
4 Likes

now that’s funny …LOL :wink:

3 Likes

That took me a while too, at first I thought the whole world was speaking Dutch all of a sudden. Lol is a Dutch word, it means fun. :sunglasses:

3 Likes