TPA Boysenberry

Does anyone use TPA Boysenberry flavor either the original or the second version.
What’s it like, any good strong, weak, tastes like turpentine anything about it would be helpful.

2 Likes

I’ve used it in a few blends, I use it in conjunction with blueberry or with raspberry to give it a blue raspberry twist. I’ve never had it on it’s own. I use it similar to how I use fa bilberry… Just realised I have flavorah and not TPA

2 Likes

Yeah, I wanted Flavorah, but I just can’t afford it right now. I can get 4 oz of TPA for about 8.75 and about 1 and a half 15 ml bottles of flavorah for that. Money’s kinda tight this month so I gotta do that econo shopping kinda thing.

1 Like

And it’s all @SthrnMixer he’s the one that got me hooked on the Falvorah boysenberry. Now I gotta find one I can get by with. lol

1 Like

What’s the usage of the TPA vs FLV versions? It may be you use far less of FLV and it’s actually more cost effective.

5 Likes

TPA Boysenberry is OK for a berry blend, but I have to admit, once I started carrying Flavorah, I bought a 4oz bottle for myself to take home.

5 Likes

Even if I used three times as much TPA it is still the most cost effective, my concern is the flavor comparison. If I could get a larger bottle at a better price per ml of the flavorah I’d consider it. but the only larger bottle I found was WOW expensive almost 17 for 60 ml I just can’t make myself spend that much. the whole idea of DIY was to make it cheaper to vape and that’s just too much for me to rationalize.

1 Like

I just gotta ask. if you would pm me if you don’t feel comfortable posting t here with the cost of the 4 oz you got

1 Like

If anybody has a bottle of TPA boysenberry they want to get rid of cheap. PM me

great point and with 20% off ecx this weekend flavorah just got cheaper, ive gotta bite thebbulket and make them my next investment i only have 4 flaves of theirs and they could all stand alone and make a good vape at the right percentage

1 Like

If you’re referring to Flavorah I would say you may not find all that many to be good stand alone flavors. I have…ummmm…lots of FLV. And while I find many to be fantastic, generally I find them to be a line best suited for mixing. They’ve got some terrific flavors that are complementary to other flavors though…big time. And to me that’s where they shine. In general.

If you’re not referring to FLV then I shut up now and go back to drinking beer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And you you that got me hooked on FLV Boysenberry, I’mma gonna have to rough you up a little.

3 Likes

Still drinking coffee out west here.

1 Like

i was referring to flv

1 Like

Cool. Then maybe some folks can chime in with their respective thoughts about FLV flavors as stand alones. I don’t want to mislead anyone or discourage either.

2 Likes

i can only comment on the few i have so i am far from being qualified

1 Like

Wild melons might be ok alone, but I added a little sweet watermelon to it to see about bringing on that real flavor. I havd a friend that wants me to make a very realistic watermelon with a touch of menthol. I been playing with the four watermelons that I have TFA, CAP sweet and double, and FLV wildmelons.

1 Like

You need Medicine Flower Watermelon if you want realistic. Unless there’s another…don’t know of any.

I’d go with -

Watermelon (MF) 1%
Cool Menthol (FLV) 0.2 - 0.5%

Sweetener to taste if needed. Recommend Pyure up to 0.5%

3 Likes

Boysenberry for as good as it is needs something in the mix to back it up, but then IMHO pretty much all berries do. I tried one Strawberry way back when I first started and ended up adding more VG and some Cheesecake to it. I’ve tried CAP Raspberry, four or five strawberries and the big mistake TPA blackberry, and that is the reason I’m a little leery of their boysenberry, and I can’t seem to find many opinions on it.

Isn’t there a thread with flavor ratings somewhere?

I’m fussing about the cost of FLV and Now I think I can ratioinalize getting a couple of bottles after seeing the price at MF. WOW it’s a bit costly.

3 Likes