TPA Boysenberry

Wally world here we come. Gosh I dread that store it’s gonna be so crowded today.

1 Like

I think Real Flavors extracts are poised to take most of the DIY marketshare away from Medicine Flower! And if @Walt_RealFlavors were to get some MF flavors to see what he’s up against, I bet he could pretty much squash them. MF is entirely too expensive but I have and keep a few of their flavors because of their quality and superiority to others.

Damn, I feel I’ve single-handedly taken this thread way down the wrong road.

6 Likes

Me personally don’t mind a detour here and there as long as i end up where i am supposed to :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @SthrnMixer that’s why they call them threads cause they can be bent twisted knotted up wrapped around well you get the idea and as for the the wrong road we’re still talking vaping and flavors hell sounds like you’re right on track to me. :smile:

2 Likes

Like I used to day forward never straight :grin: If we all always went straight there wouldn’t be anything for the women to gossip about I’m gonna catch hell for that one :grin: :japanese_ogre: :joy:

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer Gots an important quick question for you. Have you ever used Walt’s (Real Flavors) boysenberry? How does it compare to Flavorah’s? Hoping for a quick response. Actually I’ll take a response from anyone that has used both.

1 Like

I haven’t tried any other Boysenberry besides FLV. But I’m so happy with it and the usage % is so low that it justifies the price for me.

I did a quick taste of this and it is very good.

Boys-N-Blue

Ingredient %
Boysenberry (Flavorah) 0.75
Cream Whipped (FA) 0.75
Grape (MF) 1
Greek Yogurt (Flavorah) 1.5
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 1.5
Honey (FA) 0.6

Flavor total: 6.1%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

My TFA Start % list shows:
Boysenberry~1%
I don’t know why it is listed with the ~ tithe, but I’m thinking it may be a strong flavor.

1 Like

Haven’t yet. But I’m like Pro_Vapes…FLV is so good I haven’t thought about others.

2 Likes

Do you use it and how do you like it?

I don’t use it, I might like it, I like all fruity flavors. If that is in fact SF 1% it must be the strongest TFA flavor in the line.

3 Likes

In my book, TFA’s Kona Coffee holds that title at sub-1%. Lol

I’m still working the courage to try kona in the .02-. 05% range, as my new base has been ready to test for a week now. (the last try with kona was at 1%, and would still gag a maggot)

/back to the thread

As far as some of the other discussion aspects, I think @SthrnMixer is right on track about RF’s new extracts line taking over (if all the preliminary responses become “majority responses”)!

On the MF vs. FLV bit…
I can now actually picture trying MF before FLV.

I’m really surprised to read Sthrn’s thoughts about Flavorah as a SF. I would have thought that (more or less) they’d be the next step from FA (with the assumption that one is already aware of/has Inawera).
If the most of FLV’s offerings are only good for mixing (read as: accents), then I’ll likely skip any serious investment into them. The way I see it (at least in my “early education” phase, and with very targeted additions to the flavor stash) if it’s not at least mostly enjoyable as a standalone flavor, then I have no need for it. Again at my stage. Once I get further along into the process, and then have a solid foundation of flavors to work with, then I can easily see myself looking for “accents and boosters”. But not yet, as I’m already ending up with far too many “accents” in simply trying to find my “main flavors” in the areas I prefer. ><
And when you have limited resources (which is why I can easily understand where @GPC2012 is coming from) it’s hard to see all that money (I mean “accents”) sitting there doing next to nothing. Nothing at all in some cases.

I’ve got RF’s Boysenberry, as do several others, and I’d kind of been waiting to get a few more things in order first, as well as some opinions from the vets here before trying my hand. But I’ll try to get high behind and move that Boysenberry to the front of the cue!

Great thread.

4 Likes

I’ve got my share of accents sitting there I know I’m not like some of the Veterans here but I’m over 70 flavors at this point. Some of which will never be accented again as far as I know but when I first started this whole thing I figured wifey would flip out if I hit the 20 flavors mark. Now I’ve or should I say we’ve got over 30 active recipes that I mix for us.

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly and @GPC2012

I’m afraid I may have given you a wrong impression. I was not at all knocking Flavorah. Not by a long stretch. I find most flavors to not be worthy of single flavors…and that goes for very high quality ones. But just because they aren’t a candidate for single flavor (in my view) should not mean they should be avoided. For example, FA Cream Fresh. Would never vape that by itself, still can’t imagine not having it in my stash. And I wouldn’t say FLV is primarily accents either. No they are flavors, just like others. Please don’t hold back on FLV due to anything I say. Others with extensive experience with them will agree.

5 Likes

No you didn’t give the wrong impression I was just saying that I have a ton more flavors than I ever thought that I would have and pretty much all my flavors are accents at one time or another as I don’t do many if any actually SF vapes. I like complex vapes, and was earlier just giving you a bad time for sending me the FLV flavors you did because they are so good, whether used alone or with something doesn’t to me at least mean they are not as good or better than any other flavor. There are good flavors from most of the companies out there. IMHO

2 Likes

Ok, it’s just the way I “read it” (past tense) then.

It’s more that you’re “that many stages ahead of me” in mixing. So that you are already appreciating them as the “individual personalities” that they are! :wink: Capiche.

Appreciate you expanding your thoughts =)
I’m on track now!

I guess I could have been a bit more accurate myself in that: I don’t think there’s many (so far) that are “excellent” as SF’s, but I’ve found several to be good, ranged to a few that I’d call really good. Even with that though, I could still get ultra critical and say “Yeah… But a little more of xyz would really put this over the top!!” So I get where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

OK kids gather round, I just got my TPA Blackberry and thanks to BCF/V and their sale I talked myself into another bottle of flavorah as well. And upon further investigation I don’t think I can tell the difference between TPA’s blackberry and boysenberry. Basically unless it changes dramatically when mixed I’m really *&^%$#, gonna mix a 10 ml bottle of it by itself and let’er steep, do an old Indian juice dance, pray, beg, hope, and whatever else I can think of to tilt the scales in my direction. Wish me luck!

PS If anyone gets a bottle of Flavorah Boysenberry and doesn’t like it I call DIBS

3 Likes

Lol…Flavorah boysenberry is also the only one I’ve tried, and it’s delicious. I’m not willing to change. When I find something I like I hate buying more tester flavors.

2 Likes

One of the first flavorings I purchased a couple years ago was Flavor Jungle - Boysenberry. That stuff is strong and tastes great! give that a go!

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound cheap, but I need to conserve money. Being on disability limits the amount I have to play with and the price they want for that Flavor Jungle is just too expensive for me.

3 Likes