TPA Boysenberry

Living within your means/budget isn’t being cheap.
If more in this country did so, we wouldn’t have the debt issues we have (as a whole)!

You don’t have to be on disability for money to be tight.

2 Likes

I hear ya, i usually go a couple of months before i place orders with wizard labs. However, i have two flavor jungle concentrares and they are very strong, very concentrated. A couple drops’ll’do’ya. Just dont buy their sweetener. That was a waste, just nasty.

2 Likes

Oh I hear you there, the thing is I was taught to live like money was tight regardless. It seems to work out when money does get tight there should be a piggy bank around somewhere to help out.

Alas we have gone through all ours and now live like the most of the country. pay day to pay day

2 Likes

I know this is an old post, and I would like to see if anyone is using FLV boysenberry and if so what is your percents? I have used it at 2-3% in mixes, get a slight hint of it but afraid to really go overboard with it. Maybe some other fruits to enhance it or bring it forward more possibly?

1 Like

@JohnMc1 Old or not we still get notified if someone posts to one of our threads. I currently use 3.5% of the FLA Boysenberry in a mix with other things. the flavor comes through just perfectly. Tastes like popping a berry in my mouth and squashing it with my tongue the juice running out of it and flooding my mouth with flavor

4 Likes

That’s good to know. I don’t see any notes or talk of supporting fruits, so I will just go with a higher percentage or better yet leave it at 3% and add some other berries, like blueberry, bilberry, etc. Thanks for the reply.

4 Likes

I don’t use many fruits as I just can’t seem to find many that I like.The FLV Boysenberry is one of the few that I love!
Like yourself I use it in the same range 1-3%. One thing that I do like is to take FLV Boysenberry and FLV Blueberry and use 1% of each in a recipe.
IMO they really compliment each other and make a nice dark berry flavor.

4 Likes

What are you mixing with? \

I made a boysenberry ice cream, I believe the creams may have taken over six nice the boysenberry was at 2%, the other was I think a custard, again 2%. I’m going to go home and mess with it some more, this is just one of those that has me baffled. Lol

3 Likes

Since you’re mixing with creams you might want to put a bottle of it in a cabinet for three or four weeks, the first week shake it every day, the first two or three days take the top off the bottle and burp the air out of it. I never vape my creamy mixes other than a taste or two any sooner than 21 days but prefer to let them sit a month or more.

1 Like

All my mixes sit for a month or longer. I have a peach yogurt that comes out nice after 2 months. The last one I made with boysenberry is really light and it’s been steeping for a month and a week. Back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

From my limited experience a lot of fruits do not need steep, they fade over time. That may be the case with boysenberry fly since I find it very strong at 3% and that’s snv. K8nd of a catch22 since creams steep well. Maybe look for that sweet spot, maybe 1 week steep?

3 Likes

@JohnMc1 what brand Boysenberry are you using? I’ve found that the two that work best for me are the two PUR flavors at Nicotine River.

2 Likes

I have flavorah, I haven’t tried puralum yet. That is on the list when I am able to make a purchase.

3 Likes

I have had both in fact also have the TPA and I don’t care for it at all the Flavorah is OK but PUR is the best of the ones I’ve had.

3 Likes

I will have to try that, I have been trying to get a more subtle but yet flavorful boysenberry ice cream so this may be the route to take. Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve found that both flavors compliment each other so well that I’ve never used only one of them in something I always end up using both. If I’m going for a more realistic flavor the the boysenberry is the primary and he sauce fill in any nooks and crannys that are missed.