TPA coconut extra

So I’ve made several attempts at using tpa coconut extra in a few recipes or better yet my mixtures … The problem I’m having is a perfume taste no matter how long I steep them. Or let them breath. I’ve also cut the % way back. Anyone have an idea?

5 Likes

What’s Tap?

6 Likes

I’m thinking Cap? Or TPA?

4 Likes

Sorry. Was pointing out the typo (rhetorically), in hopes that they’d also realize they might want to check their stash for the same errors. :wink:

6 Likes

What’s the lowest percentage you’ve tried so far?

4 Likes

User’s stash shows…

So I guess a thread typo.

4 Likes

I have that one (even though my woefully underpopulated stash doesn’t show it), and I haven’t been able to make it work for me anywhere. Like @Sprkslfly said, what %'s have you tried?

3 Likes

Yes, as mentioned above, more info is needed. If you cut it from 10% to 5%, that’s a big cut, but probably still 4.5% too high. Reading the notes on the flavor, lots of folks are saying to stay at or below 1%.

I don’t have this flavor, but I think if you try it around 0.35-0.5% you’ll have something to work with. Good luck!

Ps. I edited your topic title, hope you don’t mind!

4 Likes

Wow really y’all worried about the title but it’s correct in my question.

4 Likes

I cut it back to .05% and I mixed it with cheesecake tpa 2%
Malted milk 2%
2 drops sweeter.

3 Likes

Not worried about the title; worried about making sure the advice we dispense is valid for the right flavor.

5 Likes

.05% and as high as 1%

3 Likes

That’s why my stash is public. I’m a truck driver in the U.S and I’m not always on my phone.

2 Likes

If you tried 0.05% in 30ml, which is the smallest bottle size .05 will really work in, aka 1 drop in 30ml, and it is still tasting off, I’d move on to another Coconut flavor altogether.

6 Likes

I fixed my typo from my unfriendly auto correct on my phone

3 Likes

Thank you @Plunderdrum

2 Likes

I’ve personally never been able to get a good vape with a coconut flavor. Something about the synthetic coconut concentrates just doesn’t work for me. Sounds like you’ve gone low enough to cross “too much” off the list. I’d go along with @Plunderdrum about finding a different one to work with.

5 Likes

This is the first one I’ve made that I truly enjoyed.
The Macaroon could come down to 0.21%, but it is tasty as-is

6 Likes

@RainbowBright I’m thinking get flavour arts coconut its nice

2 Likes

I’ve never had an extract, only synthetics. I get a weird artificial “plastic” kind of vibe with all of them. @RainbowBright if you get that weird fake feel, maybe an extraction like NF or MF may be a good route. That’s next on my list when I ever get back to coconut.

5 Likes