Trump Vape Round-table Discussion

I did not hear anyone from “our side” mention that there are over 13 million regular vapers mainly utilizing flavored products on a daily basis. This meeting did not go well but we’ll see… (over 57 minutes here will give you a good idea of what transpired) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=707dZB-nVjU&feature=youtu.be

6 Likes

Romney is a tool. I didn’t hear 13 million. I heard someone say 70 % of their sales come from flavored e liquid sales.

7 Likes
6 Likes

From @InspectorVape’s link…

What seems to be a likely outcome from indications from President Trump and Secretary Azar:

• sales will limited to 21 and up (guaranteed this will happen)
  • closed pod systems such as those made by JUUL and others will have their flavor pods limited to tobacco flavor only (more likely). This position is similar to what former FDA Commisioner Scott Gottlieb has proposed but Gottlieb has also advocated for banning closed pods systems such as JUUL (a remote possibility at this point).
  • open tank systems (refillable vape kits and tanks) and flavored juices (Azar referred to these as “mixes”) are in a safer position today than yesterday
11 Likes

Don’t really buy that open source vaping is in a safer position today. It appeared (imo) trump was leaning towards closed “tamper proof” solutions as well as a ban on online sales.

5 Likes

Seems our President is more informed than a lot of those nuts in that room.

8 Likes

Heh heh. Combining the words “Trump” and “tamper proof” is one hell of a “cognitive dissonance” … :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

What puts money in the Donald’s pocket is what will happen.

7 Likes

Nothing constructive to add, only dissidence (not just to your comment but to the global existential situation in general).

5 Likes

I couldn’t watch it because first I’d slap Romney upside the head if I was ever in a room with him, and two so many freaking lies that public health tells… and well I’d like not to have a heart attack over high blood pressure

7 Likes

I want to say Trump knows what is up. the amount of raised voices, his body action… yeah…
Still no one there mentioned to lower nic levels.

If they really wanted to save the kids and us adults too, should have been the first thing they look at.

5 Likes

Ditto on hearing our side:

More misinformed and biased reporting. Why does vaping take it in the ear? The country is being lied to from the government and the news. Follow the money.

3 Likes

If they really all that concerned with saving lives they would discuss banning combustible cigarettes before worrying about vape products. The whole premise of the discussion is bullshit, save the feeble parents who want the government to parent their children, every other proponent of vape restriction/prohibition is just worried about preserving income and revenue for/from big tobacco. This is a boon for BT because they, like Juul can sit out the crusade and emerge tant mieux.

6 Likes

Every time I see Romney I want to beat him senseless. He sits there laughing while people are trying to explain their positions. That one is pure trash.

6 Likes

They can not do that due to the MSA…

Yeps…

Actually I think BT has come out smelling like roses, compared to Juul… the one company big T can let go with loss and not loose sleep over it… a Mock up of what they wish they could do to us. Without us tho, who’s recipes will they rip off to make millions?

4 Likes

The aliens need to come get him…

3 Likes

His picture appears twice in the dictionary. Once next to asshole and once next to talking head.

5 Likes

Heh heh. Famous last words: “Corporations are people, my friends”. “Funny haha people”, it seems ? Who can forget Mittbo’s pompous puffery about people (47% being unwanted corporations) “self deporting” ? :thinking:

3 Likes

The FDA will eventually approve Juul products, they can be re-branded, repackaged, or renamed. They have no proprietary intellectual property at stake but have the capital necessary wherewithal for a brief interruption in sales. US vaping will emerge again as a science fact healthier alternative with big/old money monopolizing it, like tobacco and nicotine used to be MAGA

3 Likes

Whoever invited him was a damn fool. He’s the biggest loser on the planet. He is poison to everyone he comes in contact with. There is definitely no love loss between him and the Hump.

3 Likes