Trump Vape Round-table Discussion

Alright guys, I suffered through the entire thing. First things first, all you Trump haters need to watch this again, because I heard time and again, where he brought up important questions, most specifically about what happens if you ban flavors, etc., where will they come from, who will make them, etc. Prohibition mentions, etc. Mitt Romney to my ears, came across as the jackass of the entire sit down. Soo much bad/wrong information being thrown at the President, I don’t envy his task, for sure.

I for one, am not sure as to the outcome, but I personally was glad to hear what Trump did ask. That tells me he’s got his eye more on the big picture, and the what if’s than many others in the room.

6 Likes

He was OK here but one good thing doesn’t make everything he’s done wrong right. There are a lot of unforgivable things on that last list.
Would Trump’s stance be the same if Bloomberg had spent 160M on CASAA or VTA? I can’t make up if it’s all just a political game to him but I always get that feeling.

2 Likes

Far out, now we’re devolving into political banter while our issue remains in the air. This only demonstrates the power politicians hold over us. This can only serve to weaken our ability to deal with the issue at hand. What I heard was a damn good summation of where everybody key to this issue stands.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” – Sun Tzu

6 Likes

What next they’re gonna ban the produce section at grocery stores? And shut down the whole farming industry? :thinking:

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre

Absolutely correct!

3 Likes

Not worried about anything else at this point @anon28032772. Doesn’t matter how impressed or unimpressed I’ve been to this point, I was actually shocked, AND surprised to see him come up with, well, really good questions, in spite of being leveraged by the high level of fucktardary going on in that room. One thing at a time brother, one thing at a time. Gotta give credit where it’s due.

5 Likes

Yeah…I can’t imagine being in that close a proximity let alone kowtow to that.

2 Likes

Sorry to say (not really) the majority of Democrat politicians are against vaping. You can prove me wrong, I’ll wait.

2 Likes

You’re right @authormichellehughes. I posted a list, and will now go find it.

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes, @Raven-Knightly posted this…

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/2463/cosponsors

Sen. Feinstein, Dianne [D-CA]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Reed, Jack [D-RI]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Carper, Thomas R. [D-DE]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Stabenow, Debbie [D-MI]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Cardin, Benjamin L. [D-MD]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Whitehouse, Sheldon [D-RI]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Udall, Tom [D-NM]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Shaheen, Jeanne [D-NH]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Merkley, Jeff [D-OR]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Bennet, Michael F. [D-CO]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Coons, Christopher A. [D-DE]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Heinrich, Martin [D-NM]* 09/11/2019
Sen. King, Angus S., Jr. [I-ME]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Markey, Edward J. [D-MA]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Van Hollen, Chris [D-MD]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Hassan, Margaret Wood [D-NH]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Smith, Tina [D-MN]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Murray, Patty [D-WA]* 09/11/2019
Sen. Menendez, Robert [D-NJ] 09/12/2019
Sen. Schatz, Brian [D-HI] 09/17/2019
Sen. Durbin, Richard J. [D-IL] 09/19/2019

Seems like one group DOES like to control more than the other ?

3 Likes

I know we have Romney (which I’ve hated long before this) who would be on board as a Republican for banning of vaping. Not sure of others, but I’m sure they are out there.

2 Likes

Oh hell, Romney is in a different part every other week. He’s the poster child for control freak.

3 Likes

I think we got really lucky that loon didn’t make it into the White House

2 Likes

What we need now is for Romney to go for VP with Bloomberg. Mikey and Mitt 2020! The team from hell! The Fuck you and do what I say choice for 2020!

3 Likes

hahaha yeah their slogan can be “Let’s Make America Russia”

3 Likes

Lies and bans! Dat what we do!!!

2 Likes

I know we are a politically diverse group here, but it’s quite important to remember that any infighting amongst ourselves only serves to distract from the actual issue we’re discussing here. So despite our differing viewpoints, we must remain united in our opposition to the ban, and that means ‘supporting’ the people closest to our position. And as it sits right now, that would be the POTUS. Don’t allow your political stance to soften your opposition/support where it is needed. I don’t expect anyone to do backflips and write love poems about any politician, but let’s remember why this thread exists and not run too far off the rails ranting on a tangent.

#VapeLivesMatter

9 Likes