UFC Who's Watching?

Anybody keep up with the UFC? Watching tonight?

1 Like

Don’t have a stream so I’ll try and keep up.

1 Like

still a fan of boxing so not for me , enjoy is it free ???

1 Like

No, tonight was PPV

I have only paid for 1 PPV fight that I can remember. Can’t really remember the main event but it was quite disappointing because there were like 3 first round knockouts so the time was pretty short. I do watch all the PPVs though next day.

As for this past PPV - the Holm / De Randamie was a fiasco. At best that should have been a tie if the ref had taken the point when he should have. The Silva / Brunson fight was called wrong - Silva lost - again. I would really like to start seeing these refs called out publicly along with judges made to answer for their BS decisions. It’s not an out of control thing, but it’s headed that way.

As for the new rules, the 10-8 rule seems stupid to me. So you have a fighter who loses badly in the first round of a 3 round fight. He/she goes to their corner, gets some good advice, then comes out and wins rounds 2 and 3. If round 1 was scored 10-8, then rounds 2-3 were scored 10-9, that’s a draw. The more likely scenario is a fighter to win rounds 1 and 2, then bomb out in the 3rd. Same outcome. I think it’s a really bad rule. But I’ve not heard the argument for the new rule either.

1 Like

The Silva win was a joke. The ref was a joke in 2 fights.

1 Like

Yeah, I think Silva has outlived his glory days and should retire. He should come to the US and open a gym…right here in Columbia, SC! :slight_smile: Seriously, he had his day but there’s no way he can hang with these fighters half his age. Chris Weidman was a wake up call…or should have been.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/_QTC-6Ws24M

1 Like

Didn’t even read him a bedtime story! Wow!

2 Likes

Best defense for spinning kicks

https://youtu.be/Q0JT-jWtPn0

Check out the video at 8:54

https://youtu.be/iCg3bpdfc7g

oh they got u also i wasted 60$ should of ordered flavors

1 Like

Right?

But my stepson paid for it. UFC is his thing and I just kind of pulled in.

1 Like

On the face of it, it looked like a weak card! And played out that way it seems.

Any particular good fights to find a replay for?

1 Like

The Poirier/Miller fight was a bit of a banger, worth a watch.

2 Likes

A lot of haymakers thrown in that fight.

1 Like

Great fight. Miller head like a buffalo, love how in UFC a guy can be getting beaten up. And a few good kicks changes every thing. Poirer has improvement in him going to the future. Thanks I enjoyed that.

2 Likes

Since Poirier got schooled by McGregor he has improved a lot IMO. He can sure stand and bang. Miller was always a mini bulldozer. Was a decent fight, probably best on an otherwise poor card

1 Like

Co-main event of Ferguson/Nurmagomedov has been canceled. Nurmgomedov came down with an illness.

What happened to Rashad Evans? he had zero flair or imagination for his middle weight debut. Third loss in a row too, maybe it’s time to call him a has-been?