Unexpected Treasure

I thought I had filtered everything, but apparently I did not :grin:

14 Likes

So you did all these as NETs?

4 Likes

Very nice almost New Year find @Josephine_van_Rijn !!!

4 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve never had it steeping for over 2 or 3 years though. Forgetfulness is handy sometimes. :grin:

6 Likes

With a New Year comes new surprises! I hope they turn out Great!! :wink:

Today might be the day you stick a few more tobaccos in jars and forget about THEM for 2 or 3 more yearsā€¦ Heck! Any day is a good day to start a new maceration! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Keeping my fingers crossed. :crossed_fingers:
Apart from the Dunhill theyā€™re all cigars, they can do with the extra time.
I think I will stick with cigars from now on, the liquid is a lot cleaner, saves a lot of coil burning and/or changing and the taste is very good :yum:

8 Likes

My favorite Dunhill was/is Royal Yacht; super satisfying, flavorful Virginia. I have 50g of the original blend in the cellar.

Peterson has now taken over the manufacturing of all the Dunhill tobaccos. I have a tin of the Petersonā€™s Royal Yacht on the wayā€¦ :thinking: Iā€™m really hoping nothing has changed with the blend as the recipe has changed hands to a new manufacturer. :wink:

We shall :eyes:

6 Likes

I have some of that in my cupboard :yum:

Yeah it is. :grinning:

Apart from forgetfulness, not doing a lot of cleaning also helps :laughing:

7 Likes

Just to illustrate that point, hereā€™s a picture of my coil after an entire day of vaping.

8 Likes

How many mls is a whole day of vaping?

3 Likes

That looks like mineā€¦ after a month and a halfā€¦ :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very good question, at least 10. All I know is when I use pipe the coil is covered in shit in no time.

Yeah probably, but this is NET and a different animal all together :grin:

6 Likes

Ex-net creator here :wink:

3 Likes

You suck lol. I avoided traveling down the N E T rabbit hole just because of those issues. And that there are a good number of really good synthetics out there to work with nowadays.
As an old alien visions fan I dont mind rewicking often. And every 10 mls would be quite reasonable to me for the highest level flavorsā€¦
Did I mention you suck?

Seriously tho thanks for the post!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Historically, I filtered my extractions down to 2 micronsā€¦ now, I halt at 8 microns. My gut (and tastebuds), over time, told me to not be too stringent with ā€œfiltering outā€ all the flavor particulates. Do I need to change out my wick on a daily basis? Yup! But, itā€™s really no sweat off my brow. The delish flavor of my NETs far outweigh the need to change out a wick on my atomizers every day; rather a cathartic action with my coffee in the morning. :wink:

4 Likes

The cigar barely needs any filtering. I was probably a little quick with saying I would stick to cigars. Got a whole cupboard full of pipe extracts :grin:

What Iā€™m hoping, is that people who depend on stock coils can have some NET when itā€™s from cigar.
Iā€™ve send some to my sister so she can be the guinea pig.

4 Likes

I was so glad, when after only a month of becoming a Vaper (2013), I was turned on to dripping and building. After that, as they say, ā€œwas all she wroteā€ā€¦ :sunglasses: Being self sufficient in this lifestyle of ours is a glorious thing!

8 Likes

7 Likes

Mixing up some of my cherished Dunhill ~ Royal Yacht this morning. :yum:

200ml of Virginia goodness! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

In the ricer goes the Seattle Pipe Club ~ Potlatch

https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9706/seattle-pipe-club-potlatch

Being a Va/Per or Burley fanā€¦ this blend has some Cyprian Latakia thrown in the mix. Hopefully, that leaf will take a backseat to everything else in the blend. :wink: The Latakia factor can become a little tiring on my tastebuds; usually employed to wake them up when things get boring. We shall see. :eyes:

Perhaps today is a good day to look through the cellar and jar something for December! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes