Unicorn milk recipe

hi fellas,

I made 6 batches of unicorn milk recipe on 23rd july, each 30ml bottles. Just tried a bit and it taste really bad. I am worried if all these batches are a dud. I bought exact flavors from the exact manufacturers mentioned in the recipe. Am I missing something? Oh btw it has steeped for 7 days now and no heat only shaking.

1 Like

There are several versions of UM. Which one did you make and can you post it?

2 Likes

INTERNAL LEAK OF CUTWOOK UNICORN MILK

That’s the title, please tell me ur experience with it

1 Like

That’s the same one I made. I didn’t experience any bad flavors, it was just too mild for my taste. I know for some people a 7 day steep for creams and custards isn’t enough. Try steeping further and test periodically and note any changes.

Also did you mix one batch and divide it or 6 separate batches? You might want to test your other bottles if you mixed them separately.

2 Likes

Na I made each 30 ml separately, so each one should be different. My scale takes a while to recognise every drop, do you know if it makes a huge difference for extra added drop?

1 Like

For very concentrated flavors it can be a problem. With that recipe being all CAP… a drop or two shouldn’t hurt the mix.

I’d say let it steep further… it should improve.

5 Likes

Problem is that I am not getting any hint of strawberry or sweetness at all :frowning:

1 Like

That’s the same problem I had with it, but mine steeped for more than a month. For me, most strawberry concentrates are hard to taste. If it doesn’t improve over time, you can always tweak a small amount of it to your liking, then adjust the entire batch.

2 Likes

Good idea, ill se how it is after a month then prolly add if needed, but I really hope the strawberry notes comes out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@VapingKrakenVK , I would say almost definitely leave it 3 to 4 weeks, if I make anything custardy/milky/mothers milkish it takes a month to really shine, it’s just the nature of those flavours unfortunately, patience is key :sleeping:

3 Likes

the CWS recipe is decent enough for a UM clone. Better than any other I have tried. As to steep times, It usually does best at about a month. For more strawberry ooomph, try adding 2-3% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA). Mixing TPA Ripe with CAP Sweet is an old trick. The 2 work very well together.

6 Likes

I agree with the above. It needs time to develope. Personally I won’t touch most custards until week 4 And most of mine won’t be good until 6 weeks. Which is sad having to wait 6 weeks. But it’s worth the wait.

3 Likes

For me custards always seem to hide the sweet fruity flavors. The one thing you might try on one bottle is to add 0.25 to 0.50% TFA Sour. It might help bring out the sweetness and the strawberry. CAP Sweet Strawberry can seem a little light to me in some mixes. I always try and add a little backup of some sort when using it.

Ive made around 600mls of that recipe. I usually let it sit 3 weeks and its good to go. The strawberry can be abit light depending on personal taste. What i done in my last 300ml was increase the sweet strawberry to 9%. Thats sitting in the cupboard now n its been just over a week, but i wont even touch it for another 2 so i know its all settled. Strawberrys can take a couple of week to come through when mixed with creams and custards, especially with that many mixed together in that recipe. Just let it sit for a few more week and come back to test it, thats the best advice to have, TIME. It works wonders :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m vaping on that right now. The strawberry is a little week but still comes through and seems balanced with all the creams. I let this batch sit in my dark cabinet for 2 months before pull it out for use.

4 Likes

Put 4% Distilled Water and 1% Vodka in it, see if you can save it. Heat it a little bit to burn off the booze.

If all else fails start adding Capella Vanilla Custard V1, and a little Marshmallow to the mix until it’s vapable. That stuff can fix a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

that recipe is in my rotation it needs to steep for at least 2 weeks minimum i also add one drop of strawberry medicine flower per 10ml bc the sweet straw is too weak for me besides that the recipe is great i have to admit the graham cracker exhale i love that yum

1 Like

Honestly I never vaped anything custard related, so dont know what to expect, some people say that they taste strawberry on exhale which is the reason I made this. Maybe I will wait 3 weeks let it fully steep, and if I dont get much strawberry notes can I just add like an estimated 3-4 drops? then would I have to steep it again?

what other strawberry do you have ??? i get more strawberry and custard notes on the inhale and graham on the exhale

honestly i think your issue with this recipe is time