Unkamen Titanium Wire?

A little more than a month ago I restocked my 22g Ti wire from Unkamen. This is not the same Ti wire I got on my first order. It’s softer and none my mods recognize this as Ti. I can’t set it up in TC mode either. Even my 6 wrap, 2.5 ID build is now ohming out at .11 - .14… no deep water. I’m wondering if anyone else is using this wire and are you having any issues?

1 Like

I got some awhile back. I’m at work now, but I’ll look at what I have and get an accurate resistance reading on it. The build I have in my Griffin here at work is a dual coil 22ga Ti from that spool. It ohms at .11, But it’s like 8 wraps each coil.

i received an order just yesterday from unkamen. i ordered 2 rolls of 316l 22g. i havent inspected the wire yet, but the bag AND the label both were different than ever before. ive ordered like 6-7 times from Ralph. thats all i have to add as far as what i have received. i know that mistakes happen and i also very much know that you know what you are doing and you know what you are talking about. there is only one thing to do and that is to contact Ralph and see if a mistake was made. all of ELR will be watching to see what happens here. if Ralph says that there is no way he could have made a mistake and that you are wrong, then it is over for unkamen. keep us posted, PV

2 Likes

quick question: is his Ti always 1/4 hard?

I tossed the empty bag, but I’m certain it was not 1/4 hard. I’ll contact Ralph and see if he has the old Ti wire. Thanks.

1 Like

If you haven’t had issues with Unkamen then you should continue your patronage. I’m not trying to give this guy a bad rep, but it’s not the same as my first order. I think this has a different TCOR than my first wire. I ordered from a different supplier this morning… I’ll see how it goes. I’m going to work with this wire more to see if there’s anyway I can get it to run in TC.

This is his reply…

1 Like

I hate to hear of this! I got my order of three 25 foot coils of .22 gauge Ti in a couple of days ago.
I will build with it after work and see how it goes,thanks @Pro_Vapes for the heads up!

1 Like

i like honesty and consistency. especially in my business transactions. see where i’m going with this? here in the forum, we have come to rely and depend on the reports from others. it might be that i am getting perfect results from this guy, but others may not be. but its only eventual that my perfect record with him will become tarnished. i dont want to have to experiment on my next wire to see if its legit.
i may be over reacting. you’re right. i’ll let it settle for a day and see how i feel…maybe after you tinker with it a bit and report again…
thanks for the post, for sure

1 Like

i need your report, BH!

1 Like

Will do ,I did grab my old bag of Ti and it has the 1/4 Hard on the label as well.We will know for sure after a build.

Unfortunately it will be morning before I can test as off to work I go.Hi ho hi ho hi ho!

1 Like

Just built three sets,one from each bag of .22 ga @Whiterose0818 .It is @Pro_Vapes, your deep water awesome build of 5.5 wraps on a 2.5 rod.
All of mine came out at .005 -.006. Pro_Vapes ,it still sucks but you think maybe it was just a bad batch or the wrong material?Hopefully whoever manufacturers his wire just had a new employee hire in that day. Have you tried seeing if a magnet will attract the wire.It seems to high of ohms to be SS or Ti? Damn I hope yours isn’t going to be the wire he has from now on!
How rude of me! I should have added since I am flush with wire p.m. me a mailing address and I will get a roll headed your way until we can find another source.

1 Like

I checed my wire when I got home. I am good to go on what I have and can get down to “deep water”.
I think it needs to be considered that Ralph and company don’t specialize in wire for use with vaping, but rather wire for use with jewelry making. The wire we have been getting from him suits our needs, but if he changes suppliers to better meet needs of the cottage jewelry industry, that will be that.

2 Likes

It’s non-magnetic. I’m effing stumped. I’ve tried 3 different CSV files and 4 different tanks… none will run in TC with this wire. I have some new wire coming next week. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

1 Like

I don’t have any idea what the wire could be.I am thinking they have a chart that lists wire compositions by it’s resistance and gauge size.I am not sure where one would find it though.At least it looks like his sub par wire has been corrected now that we know others are getting good wire.Still if Unkamen doesn’t have a clue on what,why,or where the problem occurred the odds are that it will happen again unfortunately.
Just for kicks have you tried to pulse a coil to see if the color changes the way that Titanium does or maybe heat it red and see if it will develop a Ti02 type coating? Sorry, this isn’t any help just me being curious.

I now know it is definitely the new wire I have. I’m using a Aromamizer with my old wire in deep water and the TC is working perfectly. I knew right away the wire was different because it was much softer. I could wrap coils by hand instead of using the coiler. It may be Ti, but I think this has a different TCOR than my first 22g Ti. Grade 2 Ti is suppose to be softer than Grade 1. I think it’s grade 2 that I have. I know it’S speculation, but I know it’s not the same wire. When my new 22g Ti wire arrive I hope I can get back to TC in my other tanks.

1 Like

A lot of the “jewelry” Ti wire I have seen is actually Ti plated. . .copper, I believe. You see it a lot when looking on Amazon… If you have a good jewelers loupe or some other form of magnification you might see if the core shows as a different color.

1 Like

Mine always has said 1/4 " hard

I got my new wire yesterday and coiled a tank last night. Dual 22g Ti @ .8 ohm… It running in TC like before… no problems.

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes did you find out what the problem was?

I just couldn’t get my latest wire from Unkamen to run in TC. I don’t know what the problem is with the wire, but it won’t run in TC mode. I ordered a new wire from a different vendor, now I’m BIB (back in business).

2 Likes