Up in Smoke ( battery no no)

Well that is great for you…I had no issues either until the top shorted and battery started smoking…Now I have the Gyrfalcon 88 and ther eis more rhan enough room …I personally don’t think the 8 bay stand up is the best choice for 21700s especially after incident

4 Likes

Heres the new charger for 21700s plenty of space …I feel at ease with this charger

12 Likes

I love all of the features of my Opus. I’ve had mine for 4 years. I had a noisy fan issue, too. But that was easily fixed. I don’t run that many mods at a time, so I don’t need that many charged batteries. But if I did I would definitely get another Opus.

8 Likes

I got the stand up and I dont use it as much because it takes forever to charge my 18650, 20700, 21700, I never experienced it doing that and maybe thats why. Sorry you had that happen to you and glad your not hurt.

6 Likes

I do not use the 21700 ones (yet :grin: )
I always use this dude here for my 18650 ones, never had any issues and works quite fast.
XTAR VP2 3.2V/3.7V/ 3.8V Li-ion/LiFePO4 Battery Charger

This dude however exploded on me while in charging mode…
NITECORE INTELLICHARGER NEW i2 (batterijservice.nl)

4 Likes

Sorry you had it explode on you. I’ve had good luck with my Intellicharger and am grateful for that.

5 Likes

That is the one I bought a few months back and I am very happy with it. I love the wide bays too. Makes it easier for these old arthritic hands to get the batteries in and out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Im liking it …What Donyou set your charging voltage at …3.6 or 4.2 ??? I know 21700 batts ar 3.7v but not sure if 3.6v is too low to charge at

3 Likes

Oh heck if I know. Didn’t even know I could mess with that. I am horrible about reading manuals. I only know I have it set to charge at 1amp. Guess I better dig out the manual.

EDIT: OH! I see it now on the display. Says that it is at 4.2 I have 21700’s in there now, dang should I be setting it differently for other sizes?

Sheesh, I can build a PC but when it comes to this stuff, I’m lost. Go figure

5 Likes

Ya it doesnt give setting for the 21700 but indont want to over charge or under charge…I guess i should have kept it on default settings lmao

3 Likes

Well, I see the setting but don’t know how to change that one. So now I am gonna fret over it till I know. LOL thank you for THAT!!! I kid, I’m glad you said something as I sure don’t want to be doing it wrong.

another edit: I see how to switch between manual and auto now, so I think I will just leave it on auto. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Been using the al-88 for a little over a year amazing charger. As far as charge setting for 21700, I charge the same as 18650. The 3.7volt is nominal charge, peak or full charge is 4.2volts. I charge all batteries at 4.2volts and. 5amp, they do take a little longer to charge but you get extra run time

6 Likes

Here is the data sheet for Samsung 30t

5 Likes

Perfect…Ty thats what ive been doing :pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

5 Likes

Wasn’t quite sure which topic to post this under. It could have fallen under ‘Vape Mail’, ‘WHAT Has Made You Smile Today’ or ‘Good Deals 2021!’ But since this thread is active, and was integral in my final purchase… this shall be the chosen spot!
For a hot minute (3 years) I have been wanting the Gyrfalcon 88. Originally I could only purchase it from overseas suppliers which meant extortionate shipping costs to NZ. Over the years I have used Nitecore 4 bay chargers, and Golisi 4 & 6 bay chargers. Whilst I could jam a 21700 into the Nitecore, the Golisi chargers definitely proved the best fit for all of my battery needs. As a frequent (and multiple) 21700 mech user, the more bays the better!
Over time, the Gyrfalcon came available here in NZ at a price of around $90 NZD. For some reason, I always put Mod’s, RDA’s, RTA’s and mixing needs to the top of my vape budget list and never got round to purchasing one.
Fast forward to today (or about 5 days ago) I came across this topic which rekindled my wanton lust for said charger. I went online to find only one NZ supplier had it in stock, priced at $84.95 (NZD). Due to extravagant spending over the last 4 months, it got relegated back to the bottom of my wishlist (again).
The very next day I got an email from the same online store promoting a sale. I decided to click on the link to see what was on offer. The page that first came up showed a bunch of pods and e-liquids at heavily reduced prices - nothing of any interest to me, but as the Gyrfalcon was fresh in my memory I decided to do a search for it on the off chance they had knocked a couple of dollars of it. With an incredible stroke of luck (or timing) it was reduced 41% to $49.95 (NZD)! Needless to say, it immediately went into my cart, and just as luck would have it there was also a $10 credit available from previous purchases. Final cost for my new Gyrfalcon All 88 (with free shipping) - $39.95 (NZD) or for you US folks out there $28.95 USD!

Vapemail Today :+1:

Now, I have only had it a couple of hours but I am in love :heart: Beats all my other chargers hands down!

I am not going to give a full review, but point out the 4 main things I love about this charger as opposed to my previous Nitecore and Golesi chargers.

1. 8 Bays (great for the Mech users out there) :+1: (4 bay version of this charger is available)
  2. Plenty of space around batteries, with perfect spring tension. No more batteries pinging out of charger and falling behind desk! :star_struck:
  3. Colored LEDs show charging status even when screen is off. All of my other chargers required me to turn the screen on to check their charge status (in the photo above Blue is charging, Red is fully charged). :tada:
  4. Bays can have both current and voltage set individually or preset to all operate the same. I prefer to charge my 21700’s at 1A. My Golisi 6 bay would automatically charge at 2A unless I used slots 2, 4 or 5 (or had 4 or more batteries loaded - there was no manual adjustment. :+1:

This charger is all I could ever ask for in a charger and is truly set and forget!

11 Likes

nice score Bro :+1: . an All-44 is on my list, that i should have got instead of the pos xstar x4.

4 Likes

From what I have spent on smaller cheaper chargers (about 5 in total) I could have purchased this a long time ago

7 Likes

I love mine …:facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

5 Likes

Nicely done @KiwiPete, I feel like I know this charger a lot better now.

3 Likes