Up in Smoke ( battery no no)

Right On! Congrats. It’s a fantastic charger. I did the same thing as you, kept putting mods, rda’s rta’s etc at the top and that charger always got moved to the bottom. Had a little extra $$$ come in and I said to myself…CHARGER :slight_smile: Glad I did too. So I know exactly how you felt when you got it and set it up!

6 Likes

Noooooice :drooling_face:

3 Likes

And…

1. All that beautiful INFO on the screen… :drooling_face:
3 Likes

I didn’t include the screen in my list as most chargers provide the same info - just thought I would add the photo so others could see what battery info is displayed. The idea was to help others understand what sets this charger apart from countless others. I use my charger(s) multiple times per day and know exactly what features work for me (and probably most vapers) such as not ejecting batteries all over the room or not having to touch a display button to see whether the battery is charged or not

6 Likes

I own an old Nitecore D2 which I’ve always found perfect for myself but as my son is now a vaper and hammers through juice and batteries at a much faster rate than me I’ve been wanting to buy a new battery charger. It’s still functioning perfectly I think but it’s probably time to upgrade anyway if for its age apart from anything else.

We only use 18650s but considering his consumption I’m thinking about bigger batteries and obviously therefore need a charger that’s capable of charging them.

Personally I’d like the capacity (excuse the pun) to be able to check the mahs in the batteries via the screen of the charger. To me it makes sense as I could see visually if a battery is dying quicker, what it’s holding and perhaps it would also help to spot a fake. I’m sure I saw one listed somewhere but cannot remember where or even the manufacturer.

Can anybody recommend a charger that is of good quality and capable of charging bigger batteries with this function please?

Preferably one that doesn’t require a bank loan would be good!

2 Likes

@Gazza7 I’m sure there are others, but that was one of the main reasons I switched from Nitecore (still have 2 as backups), to the Opus.

6 Likes

Thanks for that as I just watched the video.
That one seems ideal and I’ll have a look around to see if it’s available in Australia.

3 Likes

i just want to say it again, credit where its due ,
the x-star x4 is a poor charger. yes, it charges, but its not good = hard pass.
this pile is going into storage and the OPUS is coming out.

4 Likes

Surprisingly I’ve had really good luck with my little inexpensive 4 bay miboxer, even after I shorted a battery in it like an a hole it didn’t take damage and is still working well, bonus that it charges my eneloops

It’s scary as hell when they get that hot / smoking etc. In addition to bridging the contacts of the charger- i also made the mistake once, and only once, of putting a mech in my relatively tight jeans pockets without locking it and then my thigh burned and I tossed the thing across the room. Never did that again. Fortunately it was a very low resistance build or I’d have big leg problems and probably be missing my sensitive bits.

I’m glad you made it out unscathed and got a new charger!

8 Likes

You talked me into it. I’ll look for one tomorrow. I’ve been using an Efest LUC V6 for about 4 years. I have to charge my 21700 batteries in a separate charger. I never minded but it’d convenient to have just one all-purpose charger with 8 bays.

8 Likes

You won’t regret it @INOIROC I love the All-88.

4 Likes