Up to a great start lol

First order mainly strawberries and vanilla. Guess what i can’t even get a hint off strawberry. Not even at 15% in pure vg or putting a drop of the concentrate in my mounth. Hope this doesn’t continue when i order some different fruits.

One positive i can take away from this is i can skip alot of recipes

1 Like

Definitely a common problem. I have a hard time tasting strawberry in a mix. Do you happen to have FA red touch strawberry? That’s my go to strawberry, I can taste it in recipes much better than most of the others I’ve tried.

Also, how long did you steep your strawberry mixes for? It’s possible that they’re just gonna take some time to develop. But then again if you’re not getting anything from tasting the flavor straight from the bottle it might just be your palette.

FWIW I also have trouble tasting dragonfruit and blueberry, but those have been my only problem fruits. Hopefully you have better luck with other fruits!

1 Like

This might have some info for you:

3 Likes

Got the following:
Strawberry ripe (tfa)
Sweet strawberry (cap)
Strawberry (fa) from what i have read this should be red touch

Neither off them is doing much for me and a 1:1:1 mix at isn’t either. 3Days steep, will see what happens in a couple of days
It’s a little disappointing but i’ll find something right for me eventually.
Also right now i’m vaping at 1.5ohms but got a pico kit and a serpent mini in coming so maybe at subohm it will give a whole different experience.

2 Likes

thx for the link will read

Out of curiosity, at what % are you using the fa strawberry? I have a recipe that uses it at 2.75% along with CAP sweet strawberry at 5% and the strawberry really pops (and like I said, I often have trouble with tasting strawberry).

2 Likes

made this and single flavors

1 Like

Hmmm. This one may better at two weeks for stuff to blend well. You may just not be able to taste strawberry all that well. Also…how are you measuring? Weight/volume/ or drops?

If your up for it, try reducing the creams. The level of strawberry should be good.

volume for the moment, scales or on the way.

1 Like

Strawberry seems to be a tough one. I’ve used primarily TFA flavors thus far and of their strawberry flavors, I’ve had the best luck with Strawberries and Cream. I typically use it at around 5% and as mixer and it seems to add the right amount of strawberry goodness when fresh. It does fade with time, but my mixes don’t tend to stay around long enough for that to be an issue.

2 Likes

Give it 4-8 weeks.

4 Likes

I agree with ozo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

if all else fails grab some medicine flower strawberry i like to use a coupke drops per 10 to 15ml of in recipes with other strawberries at .75 percent mixed with caps sweet strawberry at around 5pct it really brings the strawberry taste out

2 Likes

Strawberry flavor loss… a sign of a true vaper.

4 Likes

well i’ll be trying it twice a week till i hopefully find some strawberry and got more then enough to last up to eight weeks that way :slight_smile:

With the % of SB in that recipe you should taste and smell it. If you cant then i would suggest that you are one of the few that have a problem tasting artificial SB’s. For those people i always suggest using Medicine Flower Strawberry. Most of the artificial SB’s are comprised of very few components when compared to a real SB.

I have a couple friends who cant taste many of the artificial SB’s and when i gave them a mix with SB (MF) all but one had no problems tasting the SB in the mix.

Another thing that you could try is mixing more than one of the flavorings, each of the flavorings contain some of the same components but will include/exclude some of the others. By mixing them together you get a more complete SB flavoring.

Just some thoughts to consider.

3 Likes

You need to give that a couple of weeks to blend, then you’ll taste it.

When I first started vaping I could not taste SB at all. It wasn’t until about a year and a half until I really could tell that it was SB. I know it’s sounds discouraging but as time goes on ( let’s hope it won’t take as long for you ) it will get better. I initially had to have massive amounts of flavor in my mixes like above 20% that was the lowest I’d go for a long time. Then after a while I was able to scale that back. So try different %s marks but then again I have heard from plenty of ppl they can not taste SB. I hope for your sake you’ll get there. It is probably my favorite flavor of all time…

I wouldn’t suggest tasting the concentrates without first diluting. This may be burning out your taste buds and self inducing vapor-tongue/flavor fatigue. Try to go several days vaping other flavors and avoid any strawberry flavoring. Then after 3-5 days your strawberry taste may come back. To prevent strawberry fatigue or muting in my mixes I usually use a larger amount of CAP sweet strawberry, a small amount of TFA Strawberry Ripe, and 1-3 drops of INW Strawberry Wild. Before I started using this combination, my strawberry flavors would always seem to fade from upfront and almost overpowering to a background note and hidden around week 2-3…I also like to add a small amount of TFA Lychee to some of my strawberry mixes. Its a great complimentary flavor!

1 Like

I just mixed up a recipe of mine yesterday, but swapped out the original strawberry combo for that combo! I’m glad to hear someone else has tried it. The strawberry wild scared me a little when I tasted it straight, but the lingering flavor after a few minutes was ok (but holy strong strawberry!!). I’m looking forward to testing it, but I’ve read the sb wild needs a really good steep. Is that your experience, too?