Update on the MedicineFlower bottles and the content quantity

Isn’t there a division of the govt that deals with weights and measurements? It’s been put in place to protect consumers from this kind of practice. MF may be breaking the law if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Cool. There are those on here that dont care and that’s their perogative. I do not mean to judge or cast aspersions. I say what I say for me. There is a right and a wrong in my world and I cannot support a wrong if I have options. Now that’s my belief and it applies to me. Everyone else is free to do as they feel and it’s not for me to judge. I’ve gotten a little riled up about this topic, but hey, I have rabies.

OK, cudos again to bluenose63 and @Whiterose0818 for running this to ground and sharing with the community. They both did so in a much classier way than me. Good job guys.

(@grammyvapes Yes I am sure that some enforcement could be brought against them for selling falsely labeled products. However, I would prefer to put pressure on them economically until they cave and behave respectably rather than try and put them out of business. My guess is that this is an honest mistake that they are, as yet, unwilling to correct. . .but they are testing the believe-ability of that hypothesis. If someone does want to sick the government on them, this thread alone will make it very hard for them to maneuver. I dont mean to be dismissive or anything. Again, per the above, if someone wanted to pursue that avenue I wouldn’t counsel them to do other than what they thought best. I have never bought from them, and wont, so it isn’t my place.)

3 Likes

So is their excuse that (despite the label) they’re actually selling by weight not volume?
Or do they really not know the specific gravities for their own products?
I’m intrigued.

I’m in the mood to buy a couple of bottles from an EU distributor and then force my local trading standards office (local government agency that enforces labelling regs) to sue them.
But that would harm the distributor (a relatively innocent party) and potentially see the products banned from importation into the entire EU market when all I want is to give a wake-up call to the MFing MFs.

3 Likes

US Federal Trade Commission statement on deceptive advertising.

I just checked the Medicine Flower website and they are still even stating it on the website as 15ml. I wonder how far the 30ml are off.

3 Likes

No I won’t be reporting them but they need to know that we aren’t stupid and they are in the wrong

I love their flavorings, the ones on ECX, too bad their business practices suck.

4 Likes

Botboy has explained on Reddit that effectively the MF bottles aren’t large enough to accommodate 15ml of extract and from his conversations with them that - my paraphrasing - they don’t want or need our business.

So… has anyone here in Europe tried Herrlan super-concentrates?
Recommended usage seems to be 1-3% for most of their flavour range (plus a handful at 4-8%) and far cheaper and easier to obtain.

2 Likes

I was going to place an order with MF until I found out about the shady business practices.I do appreciate them offering free samples to anyone that complains, but as already stated that isn’t the point.When a company knowingly tries to mislead me I will go elsewhere.If I can’t trust them on quantity I for sure can’t trust them on quality.

2 Likes

I am sure like other flavors, ECX re-bottles their stuff as they buy in bulk. So I am guessing the ECX bottles are spot on. I will buy from them because ECX is phenomenal at customer support.

Medicine Flower needs to state - “Sold in 15ml bottles, but quantities may vary”. That’s basically what they are saying right?

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Herrland flavorings

That is what I was guessing they are thinking. But I highly doubt they get the full picture. Right now I bet there are quite a few people waiting to see this resolved. I am one of them. If their product were to take off in the vaping industry they would have to start ramping up production. Because the business they have right now with people using their flavors for what they are intended for I am betting is far less common than diy vapers. We would cause them to have to rethink their manufacturing abilities I am guessing if we all were buying from them like we do TPA, FA, FLV, etc. Look at how often our normal flavors are out of stock. They probably couldn’t handle us. So they would rather keep their current clientel happy, people who don’t even notice how short their bottles are, than to deal with us. They don’t need our business? That is ludicrous.

4 Likes

Have you reported them to the BBB yet? Contacted Paypal? These entities are there to help
protect the consumer. But, the consumer MUST make their voice heard.

Go tell it on the mountain and everywhere.

All they need to do to resolve this is change their label and change the quantity on their website. How hard would that be? Yeah, it will cost them for the labels. But at $22 per 13ml a $.02 label is a drop in the bucket. Not good business sense it seems to me.

2 Likes

But that would mean admitting to their existing customer base that they’d been under-declaring the quantity of extract they’d been selling for how long?
Years???

Maybe their intention is to introduce new larger bottles and quietly shift production across in the hope that nobody - but us pesky kids! - notices what they’ve been up to?

1 Like

It’s the arrogance that gets me…

Not on the same scale at all but I’ve heard from three prominent UK retailers this month that they’ve each come close to a breaking point with Capella - their business practices (at least with UK trade customers) are disorganised, unhelpful and downright pathetic, according to one.

Another told me if they didn’t think they’d lose quite a lot of small sales of other brands (in their customers’ same orders) to competitors, they’d already have dumped them.

I haven’t bought from them so I don’t really feel it is my place. Now as far as the BBB goes, that is funded by the companies. I once lost a $500 order to a nutritional supplements company…they just started stealing. The BBB was right there to do nothing. Never got any compensation, but the company went out of business.

@LordVapor, I think you are right. They don’t see the potential and seemingly do not care. I think anyone with any business sense can tell there is something off with these people.

2 Likes

thanks everyone for the info here. i’m sitting very content with the other flavor choices out there…and will continue to be completely satisfied NOT knowing what MF tastes like!!!

3 Likes

Great news! This just happened on Facebook:

I guess they’re trying to figure something out :slight_smile:

EDIT: Link to facebook post

9 Likes

I bet they got quite a few emails after the post hit reddit. I know they said previously that they didnt want to get into the ejuice market but their sales to ECX indicates this has changed. As Botboy stated the bottles they use for 15ml cant hold 15ml with the dropper, he ran into that issue with a similar purchase.

Thanks to everyone who called out to them!

9 Likes

I have been told admitting you have a problem is the first step.I am hopeful they will continue walking in the right direction.

2 Likes

I sent the MF rep an email asking if forum members should identify themselves when ordering…her response:

Hello Rob,

They can identify themselves of course, but it wouldn’t have any bearing on our side of things so either was is fine by us.

Thank you,
Ivory

I thought I was getting through, apparently not…

3 Likes