Updating flavor naming conventions (an update from Sprks)

I am still under the impression that the ELR database is to be used for flavor concentrates only. Maybe I’m wrong and the time I’ve put in to help “un-fuck” the DB was wasted. The existing flavor names still require a LOT of work. This here only adds to the mess and cleanup effort.

I am all for CBD related recipes and embrace the concept. But IMHO there needs to be a separate DB only for this and it should not be allowed to blend in with the standard flavor concentrates. If and when @daath changes the “open entry” method of recipe creation and implements something else, there’s nothing that can be done, as annoying and frustrating as it is. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I dont know where to put this, sorry, but it seems Flavour Art changed some of their flavor names again

These are the ones I found

from cigar passion, and

From Cuban Supreme

5 Likes

Much appreciate the heads up brother!

2 Likes

Good stuff @delltrapp.

2 Likes

I recently had a bit of a go at you on my ‘Butter Toffee’ recipe site. I think I owe you an apology sir. My life is like a living hell at present, and on that particular day it seemed everyone and their dog wanted to have a go at me. When I read your post it felt to me that you were yet another one quick to criticize, when you were just trying to be helpful. I realise that on this occasion at least, I was wrong. Please accept my full apology, I’m not normally like that, honest. Besides, after seeing your picture you don’t look like someone I would like to get on the wrong side of, lol. Take care, and again, I’m sorry. After reading the posts on here, I can see why you were trying to correct my error. Phew.

13 Likes

I remember our “exchange” quite well. And as a matter of record I’ve gotten into dozens of similar exchanges with many other users. Some even more heated than ours was. People just cannot wrap their brains around what I’m doing and why. Never in my adult life have I encountered such a level of defiance, entitlement and ignorance as when trying to get them to make simple changes. And it doesn’t matter if my comment requests are candy-coated sucking up or firm and to the point. It’s a thankless job that I voluntarily took upon myself.

But… there’s one notable difference.
You and one other user have been the only 2, out of the dozens, that have ever conceded to an error in judgement and owned up to it. To me, that’s what separates and defines a man from the juveniles.
So with that said, no apology necessary brother! And Thank You.

13 Likes

Thankyou sir. That’s made my day. Means a lot. May all your mixes be great. Peace brother, and keep up the good work. It does help.

5 Likes

Bit late here, but thank you for the work you done putting this together great job.
:+1:t2:

4 Likes

You’re like a bad penny, keep turning up and chastising me for wrong naming flavours. Even if it’s in the ELR list. Point taken, sir. I’m trying! Lol. You got me again, today.

2 Likes

Really? Chastising?? Can you reference an example for me please.

2 Likes

I was only joking mate, but it was about 9-10 months ago, about a Butter Toffee (not a particularly good one) recipe I posted. Not sure if the tone of my post was lost in the text, or because you’re American and I’m British, but no offence was meant. In fact I was trying to be nice. Sorry.

2 Likes

While it’s true that subtleties are sometimes lost on me, I don’t really get offended. Puzzled? Yes. But when pointing out flavor corrections I usually get a fair amount of blowback from some users (as you can attest to) which, out of necessity, promotes some thick skin for my part. So, offense not perceived.

4 Likes

@Sprkslfly hey bro. which one of these is the correct one? I assume the one with the most but the one on the bottom is how it is spelled… :man_shrugging:
I can’t see it so I’m not sure if you can.

Spongecake (chemnovatic) 152
Sponge Cake (chemnovatic) 10

5 Likes

I asked that question in Feedback thread and somehow it got moved to Eat Cake recipe thread…:thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks bro

4 Likes

I meant Vape Cake thread, not Eat Cake.
Sry it’s lunch time here….

2 Likes

Technically this is the correct one. Sponge Cake is two words. Perhaps @Sprkslfly can go in and fix it.
Sponge

5 Likes

Or… I could create 142 private recipes with the correct name,
That’s how I pushed Grape Candy (Sour) (SC) (WF) to the top………

4 Likes

Don’t make me go all “angry German kid” on you… :laughing:

4 Likes

Done (and you caught the low number!! Gj!)

4 Likes