Ursa Uber Underperforming Utterly Unimpressed

Using a Ursa in mod mode. Interesting that with a 0.79 ohm coil, MTL RTA at only 11.5 watts, the 40T battery drains really quickly. How are other people’s battery life on this mod?

Edit: 50% of battery used in 2 hours moderate use. Pretty crap compared to some of my other 21700 mods… any ideas?

6 Likes

Try using 18W and compare your battery mileage.

Ohms law:

3 Likes

Trying it now, the vape is a lot hotter than I like and the battery has gone from 50% to 45% in 35 puffs so I don’t think it’s that… :man_shrugging: :frowning:

3 Likes

Maybe you just have a bad unit. I haven’t had any trouble with mine. It keeps pace with most of my single 21700 mods. Sorry this is happening because I know how frustrating it can be to have a device everyone loves and the one you have, doesn’t work properly. It happens, it sucks.

6 Likes

Yeah, probably just my luck. 3rd Lost Vape mod that hasn’t lived up to the hype. Should just give up on them as a brand I reckon. Live and learn mate, live and learn…

7 Likes

does the mod act that way with other rta’s?

3 Likes

Are you measure the % loss on the mod display or are you measuring by putting the battery in a external charger?

I have one mod that seems to display % of “usable” battery left. So if the cutoff is around 40% instead of reading 40% it will read ~69% but you’ll notice the vape is quickly weakening and it’s time to put in fresh batteries. Put the old batteries in the external charger and they read around 45% not 6x%. It makes it feel like the batteries are getting used up quicker than expected. The time between battery swaps is around the same time of day as my other dual 18650 mods used in a similar setup.

Maybe you have a old firmware? Is it updatable?

3 Likes

Nah, using the mod % but reads higher via charger. ie, presently 33% on mod and 47% on charger. Cuts out at 3% on mod which is still nearly 20% on charger so that may be it. takes 350 puffs from 100% to 33% with a 2 month old 40T battery that was charged externally. Other mods with same RTA and wattage take a lot longer for that drop so it must be very conservative in reading the battery. Even the Grus will read the battery within 1 to 2 percent of what the charger does.

Can’t find any firmware updates for this mod. The firmware I have is Version 1.01. Wish they would do one if this is common, and do one for the Grus whilst they are at it as mine reads just on 10% lower than real resistance.

5 Likes

410 puffs from 100% to “Low Battery”. Will compare with other mods at same settings to see if “normal” for my vaping…

Battery reads 0% in mod, 13% in charger.

5 Likes

There won’t be an update for the og grus. LV released a second one with a better chip so those of us with the og are sol.

6 Likes

Interestingly the NFE Team (Arctic Fox Firmware guys) worked out how to hack the chip and use Arctic Fox on it, but it requires taking the board out, creating a different cable (Complex and requires soldering and 2 different cables to do) and jumping 2 pins on the actual chip to allow it to be flashed. Looked interesting and I may try it at some stage with my older (well worn) Grus in the future.

Both the Quest 1 and Quest 2 chips (Ursa too) cannot be flashed without the above modification as the physical upgrade connections are not routed correctly and it needs the chip to be jumped too. So there is no easy upgrade route for the end user.

8 Likes

That’s about right. I have gotten about the same number of puffs since day one. Switched coils to SS and have it on TC SS316 2) 28 40 3ml ID 8 winds fused Clapton’s running at 0.23. Haven’t got the count yet but it’s sucking juice like crazy.

5 Likes

My battery life is excellent on my Ursa’s. I currently have my Bulk rta on one with .26 ohm fused claptons. I run it at 48-55 watts. When I’m using in pod mode with the pro pod w/rba or the .15 coil I’m getting a good all day at work and then another half day. I work on a farm so I can vape pretty much anytime.

5 Likes

I’ve used it at work for about 6 months and never thought battery life was an issue. I only use it with the pod that came in the kit and never with the 510 adapter.
Using it at 65w the battery lasts all day at work and more. (it’s not the only mod I take, probably take 3 or 4).

7 Likes

Haven’t had any battery issues with both my Ursa, the only issue I have is the battery door on my SS is getting wonky and hard to put on.

8 Likes

Same that happens to my gunmetal one, for some reason the molicells don’t cause as much trouble

9 Likes

Good to know, will have to try that with my SS :+1:

8 Likes

Got some Molicel P42A 21700 batteries and they seem to last much better. Perhaps it’s just the mods preference of batteries? Don’t know but happy they last longer…

8 Likes

The Moli’s have been excellent performers for me, both the 21700 and 18650, no complaints

7 Likes