USA United Squonkers of America

In my experience with the recurve (a clone though) I found I needed air flow wide open for fused Clapton coils but if using simpler wires preferred to start closing off airflow. As with everything vape though YMMV

4 Likes

My coil height is pretty low a good 1\16" below the deck top. Perfect flavor with rayonā€¦the Ram mechanical leaves a little to be desired but its pretty small. Fire button sucks and squonk bottle sucks :\

4 Likes

I will let you know when I get home got them all, we will both find out.

3 Likes

Ok if we want the bottle to fit in the Kanger of pico1: your in luck, my however that old plastic bottle donā€™t want to fit in the New ones.hope that helps.

2 Likes

Wow, I was on the phone when typing this and reread it, what I meant was the new soft silicone fit in place of the old brown plastic bottles. but the brown bottles are a bit to long and/or wide to work in the pico 2, it may be possible if you trim a mm or to of the lip of brown bottles though, I did not try it but seems possible if you wanted to try. I donā€™t know why unless you have a bunch of the old brown plastic bottles. but I suppose you would want the silicone bottle anyway,

3 Likes

Yeah mate, I have the same problem as I usually go through 5 or so mixes per day on average (usually 3 at work during the day and another 2 or 3 at home). Iā€™ve been thinking how this is gonna translate over with squonking and for me personally, I canā€™t see carrying around 4 or 5 different bottles as a workable solution.

Iā€™m pretty sure (100% positive) Iā€™ll have to get me some more squonk mods. For the price theyā€™re at, Iā€™ll be getting another 3 or 4 Pulse BF Mechs. I was initially concerned with the ā€œsafetyā€ aspects of it being unregulated and so on but after researching it and applying commonsense to what builds Iā€™m gonna be using to suit the battery (Ohmā€™s Law and all that), Iā€™m not too worried anymore.

I still have my Topside and Inbox for when Iā€™m out at parties and family gatherings etc so no big deal. The Topside is especially handy as you can simply carry an extra 2 bottles say and slide ā€˜em in and out as required. Downside is youā€™ll have to run the new flavour through the wick or re-wick on the spot. Not sure how much of a pain the re-wicking would be for you though. Money permitting, I think you (and @RexRabbit) should consider getting one. Bit pricey but might just solve it for ya.

which I am :smiley:

Yeah, I donā€™t actually get to the point of having to refill the bottle. I bought the ā€œrefill bottlesā€ specifically so I didnā€™t have to pull the juice bottle out. So far Iā€™ve just been topping up via the refill bottle. By the way, the ā€œel cheapoā€ no-names I got from FT work a treat.

This my friend, sounds like an excellent idea. I have an XTAR VC4 charger and it does indeed show me that. I might have to wait a while on this as I put in a fully charged (ha-ha) battery yesterday but only have 1/4 full bottle. I actually need to make up another batch of Larsā€™ Banudding Cake this afternoon :soon:

6 Likes

Highly recommend rayon or hemp to switch flavorings w/o rewicking. Neither retains flavoring as much as cotton. As far as pulseā€™s go if you dont mind weekly maintenance, i prefer traditional mechanically switched ones w/ less voltage drop. Half the cost and a lil tweakin am i love w/ how my Athena does but i realize everything is not for everyone.

4 Likes

Yeah, keep reading about peopleā€™s love of Rayon and Hemp. More research is warranted. Thanks @worm1, I had nuthinā€™ to do today (ha-ha). Cheers broā€™ā€¦

3 Likes

I love this stuff for 15$ you can get 40ā€™ coil off of Amazon! Donā€™t dry hit it (instant hell)and if you do itā€™s almost always a rewick, but itā€™s tasteless unlike cotton and it wicks juice like vacuum cleaner :slightly_smiling_face:
I did a little wicking tutorial look for the Bunny Ear Wick thread

6 Likes

Thanks @RexRabbit, couldnā€™t hurt to have a box of that I suppose. Not sure what Iā€™m gonna do with the 180 sheets (60x50mm) of Muji, 10 x bags of prime Cotton Bacon and the 6 x bags of Vendetta Cotton that I have sitting here though :thinking:

Yeah, will definitely take a gander at this. Cheersā€¦

Sorry but just had to mention thisā€¦

Now I realise why RDA users vape at lower nicotine levels. Thanks to a post from @Pro_Vapes I have a FLV Cinnamon Crunch and Cream juice I usually use in a Crown v1 at 12mg and itā€™s not too shabby. Pretty darned good actually. Anyways, I got my new VT Inbox V3 set up tonight with the Hugsvape Theseus on top (nailed the 0.45 ohm coil and placement first time btw) and boy, does that nicotine hit hard!

I was starting to get nic overload there for a while. Had to ease right up in order to vape on this stuff. Oh and yes, it tastes way better compared to the Crownie. Iā€™m gonna have to drop my nic down to 9-10mg for all future mixes I know. Upside is my nicotine will last me longer :grinning:

While I was extending my wait time inbetween vapes, I was researching settings for the DNA 75 online. Itā€™s not as hard as I initially thought so tomorrow Iā€™ll download the EScribe software and make a few tweaks. Squonking is such fun :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yikes thatā€™s a lot :grimacing:giphy-8

1 Like

Yeah, the price on the Muji was too good to pass up and had never tried the Cotton Bacon so decided to get a nice round 10 bags of that (and 6 of the other to compare) while I was at it. The thought at the time was I should be right for cotton for a few years so why not. Always a good option just in case so may as well look into the rayon as well. Worse comes to worse, Iā€™ll just gift the cotton on to the young fellas at work or someone who can use it. Iā€™ve got a feeling however that most of it will stay with me :grin: Cheersā€¦

4 Likes

You could stuff a teddy bear :bear:

6 Likes

Maybe this is a good option for all that cotton :rofl:

2 Likes

Sorry no offence ROTFL :rofl:

1 Like

Good luck. Some say itā€™s a clean taste. Others like myself get a mothball type flavor from it.

3 Likes

Any of you guys and gals give me a hand with display settings on my Inbox?

Went into EScribe to tweak a few things but canā€™t seem to get the display to show volts. It will show ohms and battery meter % but for some reason the display shows volts as 0.00V. Any idea what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Iā€™m guessing I need to go somewhere and input information that will enable voltage to show up on the display? If so, Iā€™ve no clue as to where itā€™s at. Iā€™ve read the manual and did a Google but come up empty. The Inbox has a DNA 75 chip (as you already know) and this is a screen shot of where Iā€™m at currently. Any of you more experienced EScribe users know what Iā€™m doing wrong? Help a noobie out will ya? Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestion @Lostmarbles it may very well come to that :rofl: and no offence taken in the slightest @RexRabbit all good fun brother. Cheers.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with the ā€œInboxā€ firsthandā€¦ But it may be a ā€œonly while firing displayā€ (which I realize is ā€˜somewhat less than idealā€™ for the user under normal operating conditions).

Have you tried it without taking a drag, and only watching the display while momentarily pressing the fire button? (It may only show a voltage while itā€™s active, rather than showing the peak, or average voltage used during the last puff)

3 Likes

Dont own one but did some reading and it seems they dont since they decided for a precise wattage which constantly changes the voltage to maintain a steady wattage. Not opening a discussion, merely relaying info that i read here

4 Likes

Sorry guys, havenā€™t been ignoring you. Rather, my laptopā€™s been on the ā€œfritzā€ for the last few days and itā€™s taken me this long to get the damn thing upā€™nā€™running again but all good now (fingers crossed).

@Sprkslfly yeah, itā€™s only showing volts while itā€™s firing. Must just be the ā€œnature of the beastā€ I reckon. Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks mateā€¦

@worm1 thanks for that link brother. Interesting read where Iā€™ve learnt something new and thatā€™s always good :nerd_face:. Understand now why itā€™s like that so maybe Iā€™ll just choose something else to show in the display instead of the volts. Yeah, Iā€™m building to the watts and not the volts so in the end, not too fussed if I have volts showing or not. Just thought itā€™d be good to have it show up but now realise it canā€™t do what I thought it could do. At least I know now. Cheersā€¦

4 Likes