USA United Squonkers of America

Thanks! I’ve been one-mod-til-it-breaks kind of guy. I think this was my hang up. I only want to cary one mod out with me.

What are the results if i just let the cotton go almost dry so i can drip a new flavor while I’m on a squonk RDA? will the new flavor drip down into the squonk bottle and taint the flavor in there?

3 Likes

I am sure you can do that but yes it will most likely contaminate the flavor in the juice bottle, more or less depending on how much you drip.

4 Likes

I not only carry more than one for the flavor reasons, these are man made things, things sometimes fail, I will not run by the corner store and pick up a pack of smokes. Be prepared.

7 Likes

If you squonk you need to invest in these a decent refill bottle and BIG batteries…unless you own a topside… I need one :slight_smile: same flavor changing bottles is a pain.

7 Likes

Well I just spent to much money on a drone steam crave glaz and a couple of refill bottles. They are slow boating so let’s see what happens!

2 Likes

Why…what am I missing?
Do you mean filling the silicone bottle by pulling it out…
as opposed to using a ‘refill’ bottle to fill it thru the 510 ?

5 Likes

If you are comfortable using mechs you will probably end up with 3 or 4 mods lol I was a one mod guy till I started squonking, now I have 3 squonk mods plus my old 3 battery Eleaf lol.

@Dardy if your using the pulse mech between .3 and .4 ohm I would guess you should probably swap batteries every time you empty a bottle, I don’t use the refill bottles so when I pull the bottle to fill I replace the battery too, if you have a charger that tells you your battery level then pull your battery at half a bottle and stick it on there just to see where your at.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the way I do it…to change flavors I put in new rayon in blah blah so I stick to one flavor until I get sick of it.

5 Likes

Mail’s here. Wohoo!!!

13 Likes

There’s a build here for the Recurve I use it says to cut the legs on the coils 1\16" shorter than they recommend it eliminates spit back. Plus stuff that baby with rayon it will hit awesome.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. Have to pick up some rayon wick… my first squonk. Down the rabbit hole I go.

5 Likes

Nice, let us know how that matches up with the recurve and the pico, color wise, and the fun never stops

4 Likes

Letting you know the Recurve is a restrictive, but great vape.

6 Likes

Happy Squonking! :hugs:

3 Likes

Does anyone that has a Pico Squeeze 2…
also have a Capo, or Dripbox 160, etc. ?
I am curious if the bottle neck diameter is the same,
and if the (white) plug on the tube will interchange
between them.

2 Likes

I am the one that did that review. Yes the lower coil placement does HELP with the spit back but that was not the only reason for it. For me anyway it was more about better FLAVOR. Everyone vapes different and coil placement is only one aspect of finding the BEST vape for you.

The Recurve is still my favorite atty and I have tried everything you can think of at this point. I have settled in on a 316L ss build of single wire 24g 7/8 wrap 3mm ID spaced coil and still placing the coil approximately 1/6" lower than the supplied tool puts it. I am also using a 510 drip tip not the one that comes with it. I run the airflow with 2 sets of holes not wide open. I run it on a VT Inbox using temp control set to 30 watts 450f and the ohms read .38 or close to that. I use cotton bacon prime and I stuff as much cotton as possible in the coil. This is just what works for me and may not be to everyone’s liking.

In my personal opinion coil placement is one of the most important factors in getting the best flavor from any atty so play with it and find your happy spot it may not be the same for everyone as many other factors come into play. Airflow, drip tip, coil size and material, wicking style and material just to name a few. The beauty of it all is we have so many options to chose from.

11 Likes

I have one love it

2 Likes

I just wish it had the option of not being so restrictive in airflow. I like a bit of airflow and think that the Recurve could have benefited from a different airflow option. I like the Faris and think they did an excellent job on the airflow option.

6 Likes

That’s for sure I’ve never built my recurve any other way

nice pic crooked dip tip :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Personally I found wide open on the Recurve resulted in a significant reduction in flavor. I am not sure if the overall design and size of the chamber could possibly result in better flavor with more airflow. Anything is possible depending on your build that is for sure.

4 Likes