Use Tips for the Game Changer

Well, the top hole was immersed but just beneath the liquid line. I’d be afraid of accidently lifting it above the liquid. Also, there wasn’t much room beneath the probe at all. Maybe just make my SFTs larger to be on the safe side?

4 Likes

Yes, the exit port just above the input ports in the stator should be below the surface of the liquid. This is part of the lubrication process of the rotor and bushings.

5 Likes

Sorry but I have had computer problems for days so its hard for me to respond. You are fine doing what Luke showed. The bushing is just below the vent hole so if the liquid level is up to the bushing, all is well. A suction is created when the rotor starts turning so the bushing will be lubed.

5 Likes

Yes. 10 ml can be done but more makes it much easier. With the ability to test right away I start with 20 and then taste it. By changing the calculator (quantity) you can easily add or even dilute so multiple small testers aren’t necessary.

5 Likes

Not sure what you mean there.

3 Likes

My understanding is that many people mix testers at 2 or 3 intensities - say 2%, 3%, 5% etc. etc. to find the flavor intensity that suits them. Then they wait x amount of time to sample them. With a homogenizer the wait time is gone so you can add to or dilute the first mix. If say you start at 5% in a 20 ml mix and then upon tasting you want to add another 1 %, this can be accurately done. While this is a tiny amount added to the original 20 ml volume, you can adjust the calculator to 21 ml and compare the changes from 20. Once you get accustomed to it, it is easy to find the sweet spot of where you like a particular concentrate. On the fly recipe creation is also possible.

8 Likes

I use the 15ml bottles with 10ml SFT solutions - works perfectly with the top hole immersed.

7 Likes

Ah so! I get what you mean. So it’s okay to repeat the homogenizing process as you add or dilute? Repeated heating and GCing does no harm?

4 Likes

That’s perfect! Where do you get those bottles? I’ve never seen those around here. The 10-15ml I usually see are stubbier Boston Rounds so you don’t get the height of the liquid. I want what you have :smiley:

3 Likes

As long as nic is not added, there are no bad effects that I know of. However, I taste the mix immediately either by “knuckle” or dripper and seldom reheat a single flavor. Building a recipe, I do.

4 Likes

I buy all of my bottles and mixing stuff (pipettes, acrylic racks, syringes, thermal label rolls etc) from Aliexpress. Shipping takes a while but the product is cheap and has free shipping.

5 Likes

I thought Aliexpress no longer shipped to the US? Where are you, KiwiPete (Australia?) It says US shipping so I’m confused.

3 Likes

I’m in New Zealand. Go to the dropdown menu just above the search box where you can enter your currency and shipping destination. Many (but not all) offer free shipping. Let me know if you need a hand (including tips and tricks)

6 Likes

eBay… search 15ml bottles.

New word. I love it. :grin:

6 Likes

Vaping stuff… They don’t.

This is just containers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t want to keep typing “homogenizing” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you KiwiPete. I did see 4 dram bottles on Amazon from $14-18 for 24. How does that compare to AliExpress? I did see that they ship to the US for free but I wouldn’t receive it till late in February.

4 Likes

Aliexpress works out to 0.62 USD per bottle so you’re looking about the same price. If I purchase from Amazon, shipping to NZ is faster but I wind up paying $1.34USD per bottle.

4 Likes

No sense in that. Looking at bottle suppliers it seems the average price for this item is about $0.75 US cents.

5 Likes

@anon36682625 @SmilingOgre @Sprkslfly @Dan_the_Man @lukeloop or anyone else, would you recommend medium speed (24,000 rpms) for 30ml and smaller batches or was that just a suggestion for me to get accustomed to using the GC on my RTX by Dan?

6 Likes