Use Tips for the Game Changer

Does anyone have any tips for loosening up the speed switch on my RTX? It’s very stiff and hard to turn.

4 Likes

There are very few problems in life that a hammer cannot address.

6 Likes

For a small mix I think that a little more than half speed is enough but higher is OK. Best way to gauge it IMO is after cooling down take a bright flashlight and look for any separation in the mix.

Don’t know about the speed control being stiff. Its a pot . Maybe working it back and forth will loosen it. While they call this 3 speeds it is variable throughout the speed knob. I guess you could send it to Georgia for the BFH fix. :laughing:

7 Likes

Ha, it IS a bitch. Thought there was some kind of locking mechanism I didn’t know about. What’s a pot?

4 Likes

That’s what my father thought. He wasn’t the fix it kind of guy. When his car started acting up he would raise the hood, take a hammer and go tap tap tap here and there on the engine. Yep, that was it! Luckily for me, I had a boyfriend who taught me how to do oil changes :smiley:

5 Likes

How do you see separation when it’s milky? Really?

5 Likes

I should have said after it clears. My splainer goes wacky sometimes. :grin:

4 Likes

No problem. I think I can stop with the questions for now and get to doing. I’m sure everything will turn out just fine. This really is a boost for me. I feel more encouraged to mix than I ever have.

7 Likes

Did you have a working TV?

4 Likes

From my limited experience I would say get the speed up to about 25K gradually. Keep it off-centred to prevent any chance of a vortex. Yes - off-centred. 40 seconds at that speed for volumes of 30 ml or less should do it. Doing it longer can’t really hurt it. I am not an expert by any means.

5 Likes

Your questions raise good issues and are always welcome I’ve been struggling with how to address size and volume so I’m posting what I think will be helpful and a thorough explanation. I’ll link/edit when posted.

5 Likes

Right now it’s difficult for me to operate the speed gradually because the speed wheel is so damn tight.

Shoot, didn’t know that. I just finished another 30ml bottle and it was centered. Now what? What damage does a vortex do?

3 Likes

Good because I have another one. I can’t fit a 30ml bottle in my UC standing up. Is it safe if the cap is submerged because of tilting the bottle? And how long in the UC (or just watch until it clears?)

Also, I noticed that the liquid gets milky pretty fast. Way before 40 sec to a minute like you advised me on the first bottle. Do you stop when the entire bottle is milky or go the full 40 sec.?

lukeloop above advised not to create a vortex but I didn’t know and had it centered. What’s the consequences?

5 Likes

:rofl: Too funny! Yeah, that he just banged on with his fist.

5 Likes

@anon36682625 Is running the GC in water for 40 sec to a minute good enough to clean it or do I have to take it apart after every mixing session?

5 Likes

Yes that’s fine. I run it pretty slow.

5 Likes

I’m pretty good at fixing most things, but when I can’t get it, I fix it for good with a hammer or a fastball pitch at a brick wall. That way I won’t keep coming back to it. :rofl:

5 Likes

Yes, it’s what I do and it works fine.

6 Likes

The fact is that it’s quite satisfying to do that.

6 Likes

unitl you find a youtube video showing that one step you didn’t take. :rofl:

6 Likes