User profile issues?

I’ve been noticing some weird issues lately and I’ve heard I’m not the only one.
Clicking on user avatars usually gives a pop-up with info, msg button etc. Some profiles don’t have this anymore and their avatar has been replaced by a placeholder.
I’ve had it with SmokyBlue yesterday too, although today her avatar is back but still no pop-up.
I’ve tried different browsers too. Not sure if it’s me or something up with the site. For most people, everything looks still A-OK on my side though.

It’s weird…

5 Likes

I noticed this too

4 Likes

You (your avatar) was “patient zero” a few days ago. “Avatar Blob” phenomenon receded later that very day.

3 Likes

I just tipped @SmokyBlue off to this on her account today. I see @Pro_Vapes is also affected, and is still borked. I just PM’d Smoky and she’s back online, and @daath had to fix something. Maybe he can chime into what is going on, and WE, can start making a list, and keep an eye out like @anon28032772 did regarding PV.

Edit – Now that I’ve posted, I see that @Pro_Vapes and @SmokyBlue are still in limbo ?

3 Likes

Her avatar was back just now and it’s gone again… maybe Lars is checking what’s going on or the server is tripping.

4 Likes

Perhaps it convinced itself that FDA has now deemed it to be a “tobacco product” (by association) ? … :thinking:

5 Likes

puff puff pass :stuck_out_tongue:

Click me now, hurry so I can tell you more about my favorite flavor!! :smiley:

4 Likes

i keep clicking, nothing happens
but your avatar is back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wut?? :cry:

3 Likes

I get this, and then it disappears

4 Likes

I sent this thread to Lars… maybe he is still adjusting… I even logged out and back in… at least I can still post. If you need me bad, guess if you have a fb account… drop a pm there?

4 Likes

I’ve tried to communicate this to the discourse devs - hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

8 Likes

There are other ways of sending msgs

No facebook, but thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When I mentioned this the other day, I may not have mentioned that my most recent avatar updating (may, possibly) have required a full “cookie” and/or “cache” wash to complete. Tried that as well ?

4 Likes

While we’re waiting for discourse devs … feel free to elaborate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My guess it’s a software bug on the server. Smokey’s behavior shouldn’t have an effect on other accounts.

4 Likes

Right. But there (might) happen to be something (somehow) shared in terms of intial causation. Dunno. When I last updated my avatar, IIRC it did not reflect on the main forum thread-listing web-page (although it readily displayed the new avatar on my profile web-page). It was either: logout/login; and/or cookies; and/or perhaps cache cleaning that seems to resolve matters.

2 Likes

@Raven-Knightly I cleared cache, only thing I haven’t done is reboot and yeah naw…

Atm it is…a coffee cake :stuck_out_tongue: yummmers!!!
but still tinkering with it… tempted to flood it with caramel maybe… or frost it…

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but I can almost guarantee that Pro_Vapes hasn’t been doing similar things recently.

4 Likes

I haven’t changed my avatar since I set this first one up… no changes on my part… I can see my avatar… and its happened to Pro Vape too… so at least I am not the only one… for now.

2 Likes