Using drill for mixing

it gets like -40 here sometimes. It can get old but I wouldn’t know what to do if it didn’t snow on Christmas thats what I would miss. Eucalyptus trees??thats kind of awesome! I’ve never seen one… if you get close enough I’d love a pic! Plzzzz.

2 Likes

Our woods are full of everything where I live. It’s a really brushy type of woods too. You can get tangled up in that shit really easy. That stuff likes to whip you in the face as well. There are maples mixed into the bunch but some areas have more than others.

Our mosquitos are legendary. They get brutal when it warms up around here.

1 Like

Agreed @TorturedZen.

I’d just be hampered by the unwieldy nature of humping the drill (I have a lot of bottles), and cleanliness of it. The Nopro is cheap as hell, small, quick, and easy to use, and easy to clean up. Also to TZ’s other VERY important point …

When I use the Nopro (and I don’t always), you can use the smallest “paddle” and it fits in any size bottle, and as long as you leave it totally submerged (don’t lift it out when spinning) doesn’t froth, or inject any, or create any air bubbles in the mix.

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Cordless-Mini-Mixer-Piece/dp/B000E39LYO

5 Likes

Just bought it @SessionDrummer! The Makita will stay in its case from now on while mixing. :wink:

2 Likes

Hehe, I didn’t want to brow beat anyone, is that screws up the Y in DIY for sure. Let us know how it works out for you. I recommend using it ONLY when the head is fully inserted in your bottles, as raising it up, under power, can froth, and inject too much air in your mix.

2 Likes

Hey um I had 1 bottle froth on me out of the many ive mixed using the drill its a really nice bottle of my favorite juice the Butterscotch custard one. Does this mean its no good? I really don’t want to toss it .it’s 60mls too. I don’t mix that many rn that size cuz I don’t want to waste it if im not good yet.

4 Likes

what does the frothing mean anyway?

3 Likes

Hehe, well don’t listen to me, you tell me how it tastes to YOU. Frothing doesn’t kill juice, but I started to notice an almost dulling effect on a few juices, and they didn’t have the bright, punchy notes that other NON frothed bottles.

Just my experience, maybe yours might be different. Your juices will be fine, but if you care, pick a favorite mix, maybe even with bright punchy flavors, do an A/B comparison. One blended, the other frothed.

2 Likes

I’ve always taken it to mean, ultra blended with large amounts of air injected, giving the mix an almost cloudy, opaque look.

1 Like

Be all comin’ up maple coffees until this’s gone.

Then back to ungodly, ordinary-arse, shitty raw sugar again.

That’ll be a letdown.

3 Likes

You want a close up photo of a tree??

These aren’t syrup filled pillars of loveliness like maples yknow, they’ve got nothing goin’ for them at all except their scent and after a lifetime of that, even their smell gets almost annoying - other than that Koalas live, eat and shit in them :thinking:

I’ll give you a possum instead… just searching the forums for “Guido” or “Possum” will return all my posts I 'spose, but I’ve posted many of these photos before…

Here’s Katoomba in winter…

Here’s the Blue Mountains National Park: packed to the rim with Eucalypt trees whose atomised vapor gives the Blue Mountains it’s colour and name because there’s just so many eucalyptus trees all seeping volatile oils into the air the entire national park looks blue from a distance…

The Jamison Valley below is literally a 5 minute walk from home, no matter where your home is in town: it’s such a tiny place and it’s walled-in from both the north and south by these valleys, which haven’t been touched since they were massive prehistoric lakes with dinosaurs splashing around in em…

And what LIVES out there… I’ll have to switch to my phone for that…

Here’s a Bowerbird eating a worm…

Here’s what sunset looks like from out there in the middle of the valley…

Here’s Guido chowing-down on some flat bread…

Here’s a lizard, looking like he’s just waiting to get eaten now the game is up… a Blue-Tongue actually…

Here’s a nice macro of Guido’s women Bobbi, with sketti on her chin…

Here’s another lizard looking less than happy about being grabbed and photographed…

Here is another nice macro of some the mushrooms I took while walking back out one afternoon…

Yeah I am an extremely visual creature and naturally photography is just visuals, so I’m pretty good at it by default.

Here’s the only Koala I saw in 16 months camping out there and they’re not even supposed to still exist in this area - I proved the conservation nerds wrong with this photo which in itself is a pretty poor example of photographic prowess but I had to take it with optical zoom set at maximum level just to get said Koala in the frame: I’d seen this thing at the base of the tree as I was walking past to go get water from the creek, and by the time I’d rushed back to my tent to grab the camera the little arsehole had climbed halfway up the tree so I had to just take the pic as soon as I got back to the spot - being midday the sun was above us and I needed to point upwards to get the pic at all and just holding the camera steady - freehand while standing there - was hard enough, so the photo is pretty shit but better than no photo.

Here is one of the Sulphur-crested Cockatoos that basically act like they own the whole town like they think they’re gangsters or some shit, though they’re SUPER intelligent parrots - more intelligent than many peopleI know now I think about it…

Here’s one of the younger possums - Daisy I called this one though I have no idea whether it’s even female…

And here’s a two-meter Lace Monitor I called “Broeski” who was another one of the regular animals that basically lived around my tent/camp with me during the warmest 3 months of summer each year and the only animal I was wise enough to not try and pat…

Cousins of the Komodo dragon, Lace Monitors have rows of these tiiiny serrated teeth that could’ve quite easily sliced my fingers to the bone, and being two hours out in the middle of fuckin nowhere my chances of walking back while pissing blood everywhere and not bleeding-out might not have been so good.

Still we got to know each other as well as you can with any wild animal and he would sunbaked just a few feet away from me without being chicken.

Want more?

4 Likes

Wow! Awesome! I love that shit! We never see that stuff here its always too cold for those things to grow! We have moose and deer and squirrels here nothing that requires any warmth to survive.

4 Likes

but yes if you can get any real life photos of things there plz do. I know those are real pics …you know what I mean. Its different than seeing edited ones. Idk why.

3 Likes

fuck, I can send you maple syrup anytime

3 Likes

that you don’t have to pay for. Its literally so cheap here.i don’t mind. I had no idea it was so expensive there. Wow

3 Likes

Your turn to grab a camera and get out there shoving it in animals faces :smirk:

2 Likes

Done: this was a few years ago now, but I’d been watching Bear Gryls and Survivorman on TV and got this crazy idea to go out and live in the national park like a feral, which I ended up doing for 16 months.

All the photos are mine and it took a while to get mutually comfortable with the animals to the point where they’d stay close enough to take those kinds if photos, but food will eventually get you any animals trust :wink:

3 Likes

Only $9 - that bottle: I expected it to be more like $12, but you cannot anyway.

Even if you wanted to actually follow through on the offer postage from Canada to Australia would be f$#%ing ridiculous: we established previously that a bottle of juice from the States to here would run at anywhere fvrom $50 to $100 $USD - which would be about 75% more in $AUD.

So like, $AUD175 for a first class package of a bottle of maple syrup would probably not be a surprise :smirk:

Else I would stuff a Cockatoo in an envelope and send you that: they’re everywhere here.

2 Likes

Maple coffee, maple on my wheatbix, might even take some maple milk to work in the morning.

Strange how things change: from a few years ago living in that tent in the national park like a feral, washing in the creek only once a week and smelling worse than the animals I talked to for over a year, to right now sitting with a crystal nail file I bought - smelling like amani and manicuring my finger-tips…

That’s adaptability right there, that shit is.

Yes, it does feel a bit of a chick thing to do, but for whatever reason I have recently stopped chewing my nails - for the first time in years they’re growing - if I simply clip them shorter, I know there will be little spiky bits that catch on my clothes and piss me off, so I’m going all-out and actually filing them down.

Kinda relaxing.

And since I’ve gotta maintain clean fingernails I immediately reached past those shitty lurke cardboard disposable nail files and grabbed this crystal one - $20, but not disposable and I assume can simply be washed in the sink if/when it gets nail dust built up in the grit…

Gotta finish washing and hanging clothes.

2 Likes

I delivered.

Now WHERE are your MOOSE pics :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Show me :smirk:

2 Likes