Using drill for mixing

Are things ordered from Amazon affordable? Since you’re just using it for coffee, you might consider trying Maple Sugar. Granulated Maple Sugar

4 Likes

Ahh, that explains why there aren’t any Cassowary pics! (but they’re so cuddly!) :wink:

In lieu of the Cassowary, how 'bout some Crimson Rosellas? They are gorgeous. I wouldn’t think they stray too far from touristy areas. They know where to grab an easy meal. :smiling_face:

Do you have any pics of other species of Possums? I know there are cuter/fluffier possums hanging out over there, unlike the mangy-looking one here in the US.

You feed them? I thought that was a major no-no! (at least that’s what they tell the tourists.

4 Likes

I will forsure send some pics of my country here. I will inbox them to you and continue this conversation there. Lol there’s lots to see here just not the same stuff. Its interesting learning about others culture .

3 Likes

we do not have any possums here ill have to research what we actually have around here that wouldn’t live there. Im sure there is lots.

3 Likes

I will get some moose pics i may have 1 or 2 ill have to check my Google photos.

3 Likes

Amazon is very affordable except it may be different for Australia than Canada. Like us Amazon is different

3 Likes

I can’t see the pics?? What am I missing?

3 Likes

I’m going to second @SessionDrummer here and highly recommend the Norpro mixer. I’ve got neuropathy in both hands and shaking can be downright painful. This little bad boy takes a LOT of work out of the mixing equation for me so that I can actually use my hands after mixing batches of juice. Just remember to leave the wand in the juice until it COMPLETELY stops moving. Don’t wanna Jackson Pollock your mixing station!

8 Likes

Preach on brother …

5 Likes

Honestly, I have no idea what Amazon costs: I have no idea whether we even have amazon here - we must though right? But I don’t think it’s as popular as eBay in Australia.

Either of them though: I’ve never once ordered from eBay or Amazon so I don’t really know.

I should: I’ve browsed eBay here and there over the years after following some linked product in some random online post - also here and there - and there’s everything from the weirdest shit you wouldn’t think anyone would bother manufacturing, to things we all use daily.

Granulated Maple Syrup sounds fucking great though: like super-rich sugar!

I did find another brand of Maple Syrup today - a supermarket branded one - for only $6, which still says pure maple syrup and still states it’s made in Quebec, Canada though that’s still not as cheap as standard raw sugar which is only $2-3/kilo depending on the brand.

I give no fucks about the brand of sugar, but often end-up buying the more expensive sugar simply because it comes in thicker plastic or better packaging that I don’t need to worry about splitting on me - sugar everywhere is like, a f$#@ing DISASTER: tiny bit of moisture hits it and it’s sticky everywhere… blugh.

1 Like

I actually DO have pics of a Cassowary, on my compact Nikon - which is somewhere…

This bird hangs around the picnic area in Leura Forest and is so used to people in walks up and stands around begging scraps :slight_smile:

I’ve also got those, but not many and no really nice pics: the ones I’ve got of 'em are always zoomed or slightly out of focus because although they’re not super-flighty around people, they are flightly if you walk too close.

They also move a LOT so it’s very difficult to get good pics without a VERY good camera with a good zoom lens and the time to sit around half the day waiting for some to show up and start doing … Rosella stuff.

White cockatoos are easy though: I have even mouth fed the town cockatoos bread - literally leaned in a foot away and had one take it from my lips all careful-careful :slight_smile:

They’re boisterous birds with beaks that could remove a finger easily, but they’re also … actually, now I think of it they’re probably gentler taking things from your mouth because they’re used to doing that themselves: you can see them slowly sidle up to each other and lean in to take a bit of each others (whatever they’re eating), so they’re probably pretty well practiced in manners as far as that method goes.

I’ve had the Cockatoos snatch bread out of my hand on the other hand, but that’s yeah they’ve got their own personalities and some are super gentle and fearless, while others are chickenshit - depends on the bird :thinking:

Nopes: the Brushtails pictured are too aggressive and territorial to allow any smaller animals to get near me while they’re around - they’d only get the snot beat out of them.

Who’s there to stop me: 2 hours out in the middle of the national park where even tourists, hikers and runners don’t go? :slight_smile:

I certainly introduced more than a little extra energy into the ecosystem, with the 6 possums around by camp having 2-3 babies while I was out there - which might not have happened if they weren’t eating such calorie-rich food every night - but in the grand scheme of things, I give no fucks: on a sliding list of environmentally damaging actions, feeding animals is nothing compared to what human beings do.

2 Likes

@FL_Vaper that granulated maple sugar is still pretty expensive: $20 for the small jar, and $64 for the one on the lower line in the page…

Dunno what they are in $USD, but I’m pretty sure Amazon’s showing me localized $AUD prices?

1 Like

Amazon delivered the Norpro today… 1000% video noob, plus being a little shy at times… I could’ve made a outake reel with how much water I was splashing around the house!! Ha

Definitely pulse this unit- and like @SessionDrummer said… Use the smallest paddle for sure!

5 Likes

Well Amazon has everything I just got a 3 pound bag of strawberry Starburst

6 Likes

@D.Sims What is the OD of the stick-like paddle? Would it fit in the mouths of Dropper Bottles like this? Dropper Bottles

Thanks for the vid! :hugs:

2 Likes

It will fit in that @FL_Vaper.

2 Likes

@FL_Vaper I’d say 1/4 maybe 3/16 at best. No doubt would fit it there. Not a bad buy for only $10.00.

3 Likes

@ladycrooks How about whipping us up the matching recipe!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Do they make wide mouthed bottles in smaller sizes? I’ve got them in 30ml, but that’s the smallest I’ve seen. I regret getting them in PET black. I’m not sure what I was thinking whenever it was that I bought them. :confused:

2 Likes

Actually, black pet bottles are good enough for steeping. I mix in it, cap it, shake it, and steep. No other things to clean but some spills.
And they are very cheap too (I’m using the clone gorilla)
I still mix in some glass bottles, but not that often anymore.
Of course, I wont use any kind of machinery to shake it. I’m afraid it would erode the plastic into the juice.

2 Likes