Using flavors to make candy?

So I found some other posts about this, but they were a few years old. I want an updated convo on it. I am learning how to make candy at home, and was thinking of trying the flavor concentrates in it. I figure if I take a recipe from here that I love, and just mix the flavors, I could possibly turn that into some pretty dope candy for the kids. Or myself :laughing: thoughts?

9 Likes

You might want to try LorAnn’s flavor site. I think they specialize in candy making.

12 Likes

Candy, cakes, frosting, drinks and crap tons of other uses. This weekend i made a banana whipped cream for some strawberry short cake. I use them all the time. We make a LOT of jams and they work great for that too.

The vast majority of the flavors were created for food stuffs. Loranns site is a great starting point for the basics. Once again it comes down to knowing each flavors strengths and weaknesses.

9 Likes

Thank you, I will check it out!

9 Likes

Oh my, that sounds delicious :drooling_face: I really want to make jolly ranchers, and some rock candy.

8 Likes

Rock candy is super duper easy. If you are looking to make anything sour get some Citric Acid and Malic Acid off amazon and put it in some PG or water, helps with the sour effect of some Jolly’s.

7 Likes

I use the flavours I don’t like to vape in my protein shakes. They are basically food flavouring that has been re-purposed. The hard part for me is working out how much to actually use…

8 Likes

Global Warming got you sweating your tits off? Nashville Hot Chicken too hot? Flavour West flavours are created for Snow Cone or Shaved Ice flavours. YES! It’s true, they will also cool down your loins from watching Jason Mimoa in Aquaman, speaking of Aqua, they taste great in water too!

Use my Promo Code - Joellercoaster2020 to get a 2.5% discount off of your next order! You can order at: https://www.flavorwest.com/

Tell 'em Joel sent ya!

6 Likes

Hey thanks for the tip! I will definitely give that a shot once I get the hang of candy making. I don’t vape a ton - I just do it for the flavor to try and curb my candy snacking lol. So I wanted to find other uses for all these flavors, since my fiance and mom only really like to make the same type of juice over and over. Maybe I can even get some brownie points with the kids, if I’m the “cool mom” that makes candy lol

7 Likes

Okay now that would be fun to make! Nice puns there too :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Always want to make my own Mio, never thought of the balances for it though, I dont know if it would be cost effective though.

5 Likes

You switched your name around. Or I’m dyslexic–one of the two.

6 Likes

They work great in a soda stream also! Grape Soda WF and some sucralose, is good! Same for Flavorqah Granny Smith with a little TFA cinnamon Spice and a couple drops of TFA Cinnamon Red Hot! also with a bit of Sucralose is what I’m drinking right now!!

6 Likes

:joy: I’m actually dyslexic and that’s how the name came about. I was trying to pick a gamertag back in like 2010, and my then husband used to call me “butt nugget”. I typed in NuttBugget on accident, and xbox suggested SaucyNuttBugget, which was an automatic yes from me lol. I didn’t realize my mistake until after I finalized it and everything. The name just stuck.

6 Likes

I want to get a soda stream sooo bad. When you say sucralose, do you mean like the actual powder stuff? Or a liquid version? Or is there a sucralose you buy when you get your flavors too? I’m such a noob, I’m sorry lol

5 Likes

dyslexics are teople poo

6 Likes

Man in a dark alley…
“Alright sticker this is a fuckup!”

8 Likes

I use the same liquid sucralose that I infrequently use in my eliquid! i use Bull City for Flavors and Amazon for VG, PG, Sucralose, Wire and Cotton! Oh, you can save a bundle on Soda Stream Replacement CO2 bottles, if you have access to be able to get dry ice and refill them on your own! Check YouTube for the procedure!

5 Likes

I emailed Capellas about this and they said basically use drops & sense of smell possibly make small tests with water. I emailed about vanilla custard originally because I failed miserably and used too much…lol

5 Likes

Cool mate, I have been doing trial and error and basically just add drops until I can smell it in the shake. Some are more potent than others so it is interesting how they work for actual food flavouring as opposed to vaping.

3 Likes