USPS/FedEx/UPS Shipping Ban, what are you stocking up on?

I used to order from Eightvape all the time, but ever since the NY ban went into effect, I cannot order from them.

7 Likes

I got an email that everyone gets from Eight vape…ill find it and post t…

6 Likes

Who told me the new brand name for Hangsen and what is it again? i something.

5 Likes

Thank you. I hope they reopen soon.

6 Likes

That’s a good question @Lostmarbles. I’ve actually placed 3 different orders from Element Vape, just to shore up some things. I would hate to think holding off would have netted me some good sales, BUT, I’d rather pay today’s price, rather than get caught up in the mad rush, that MIGHT ensue.

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see mad rushes NOT happening one way or the other.

5 Likes

I’ve sent out emails to MANY nic sellers as well as a few emails to vendors as well. The only information I’ve received worth reporting is that many have told me that USPS is going to be announcing wtf the restrictions will actually be, what’s included etc sometime in early March (IIRC around the 5th). I’m still halfway hoping that they’re going to allow B2C shipments if signature delivery is paid for, lol a girl can dream.

If I get anything worth mentioning or any real updates, I’ll be sure to report back here & will update the Vape Mail Ban Info thread i started as well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

since i am well stocked, if i had the only option of a b&m. the rare times i would buy, i could live with that. i am looking to buy now, but i don’t see much of anything i want.

7 Likes

How exactly is USPS supposed to know what’s in every package they process? Just trying to figure out how this new restriction is going to successfully operate.

6 Likes

Total ban?

3 Likes

And…so? Out of the several hundred packages of vape products that USPS has delivered to my door maybe two had a return address with the obvious name of a vape vendor on them. Even some of my overseas packages have no indication of where they originated from. All I’m asking is how the heck is USPS going to know if they are delivering vape products or not? Maybe someone with USPS employment experience can explain this to me.

ETA: Total ban doesn’t need a carrier restriction because obviously there would be nothing to carry, lol.

6 Likes

What do you use Lucky Shot for? The only time I’ve used it was to make the Stacked recipe. Would be nice to find some other uses for it.

5 Likes

they probably would not even stop at the vendors ? or at least accept paackages from them. now, if they had an address that was not known to be vape related, sure. or they could just take the packages to the PO.

BUT, what if there is a massive penalty if caught mailing vapes.

btw. we are not alone on this. there are tobaacco companies, not BT, thaat are pissed about this.

6 Likes

Thx. It seems that most vendors ship from warehouses. That’s how I’ve been seeing it anyway. Some even state that their product will ship from a warehouse in such and such state. I’m sure they share warehouses with other companies. Vendors don’t typically run big businesses with their own warehouses.

5 Likes

i was/am thinking that most of them have a store they run and ship from.
maybe i should open a vape shop in my garage. i could order wholesale on a pallet, preprint labels and drop them at the P/O. but then, what if there are nosy “save the world” postal workers that open the pachages and then the cops are at my house.

5 Likes

From what I’ve heard (and it’s all over the map, so grain of salt may be needed) anyone selling anything vape related must register with the feds, They can’t ship using usps (and of course all other shipping/delivery services have jumped on that wagon) and failure to do any of the above will result in big fines (per occurance) and likely jail time. I don’t know if vendors will risk not complying with those threats looming over their heads. I think China may get away with it for a while but I have a feeling that too, will be impacted eventually. I heard that there will be some more info in early to mid March detailing the whole mess, so we’ll have to see. Sorry I don’t have links. I was just trying to gather some info around the web.

But if you need a pack of smokes or a tin of skoal…well, that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

8 Likes

I’m sure most of the hobbyists and those that frequent the various forums and youtube have a clear understanding of what’s going on and taking appropriate measures. The the vast majority of regular vapers probably aren’t aware of what’s going on (and probably won’t until the online retailers get their asses into gear and let their online customers know the gravity of the situation)

6 Likes

bama banned smokes, at least through the usps, idk about the other shippers, but i think also them. i used to buy smokes online, then no more.

5 Likes

They don’t. I think some people overestimate the abilities and efficiency of customs and the post office.

4 Likes

I couldn’t have said it any better…

4 Likes