UWELL CROWN II coming very soon whos buying it?

Just an update on the coils. The .8 coil is still my absolute favorite, intense flavor and great vapor. Unfortunately the second one I tried also burnt out after only about 8mls. Sad…I really really hope they get them fixed. Or that Coilart or Atom comes a with a good coil for them before August 8th. Back to trying the .5s. So far they have been lasting about 1 week or so for me.

@MysticRose The only reason i don’t have the Crown 2 is the coil problems they have. I feel it makes no sense getting a tank that you only can use so much since the coils die on you that fast.
When or if they solve the issues they have at this point i will for sure get one.

1 Like

I just remembered this.
For those who got the Crown 2 there is a solution if coils die quickly on you and that is to use the Rafale coils and transfer the bottom contact pin from the Crown coil over to the Rafale coil and taada you are good to go.

3 Likes

I heard you could use the rafale coils as well, but I never had any luck with those either. Besides rushing out and buying 2 rafales to find they were horrible, I also bought a few packs of their coils. I was only getting about 3 days on average for those coils too? Even though I fixed the rafales, I don’t bother using them or the coils I have for this reason. Maybe it’s just me but it’s a shame because they are pretty good looking stock coils

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a shame that they can’t get that coil situation fixed. I mean the Crown 2 is a good tank that clearly is gonna lose out on customers as it is right now. And even people having the tank will get tired of it due to all the problems with them coils and put it in a closet and forget about it.

1 Like

Yes, I haven’t heard good things about the Rafale coils either. I am just waiting and hoping they get the coil issues fixed. If not, at lease I only wasted $18 on buying it. But, so far the .5 coils are fine, they are ok anyway. Good flavor, just not quite as good as the .8 for flavor. Machining and quality is fantastic. I doubt they will fix the coils honestly, based on their past customer service or lack thereof. And the limited timeline before the August 8th deadline.

1 Like

I don’t see why August 8 would be a problem here? I mean the coils are already on the market just in a bad condition so all they have to do is to solve the issues that make people get that metallic taste when they use them and it would still be the same coils.

Yeah I highly doubt they will fix them either. They didn’t do anything with the Raf, just moved on to the crown 2. I actually have 2 of the C2s in my cart and I almost bought them because they said they addressed the issue with a 2nd generation coil. It looks like they just put out another, slightly less, shitty coil. It’s such a shame because Uwell was known for their coils before they even made tanks and then they knocked it out of the park with their first crown tank! Everything that followed was crap, one way or another.

3 Likes

I don’t get a metallic taste. I get slight machine oil flavor for the first 8 hits or so then it goes away. They just burn out in 10mls. I thought the way the FDA was written, they won’t be able to make changes to what’s already on market without fda approval first. Even the updates. Or am I misunderstanding?

I’m not gonna pretend that i know the ridiculous FDA approval and all things around it. But when it comes to the crown coils it can’t be any major changes they have to do, i would suspect it comes down to maybe changing supplier of the metals used in the coils and perhaps change the cotton or whatever the problem can be with the coils.
I mean if FDA would look at an updated crown 2 coil i’m pretty sure they wouldn’t see any changes what so ever :smile:

1 Like

Im going to wait for the review for it before i think about buying it xD