Uwell Rafale (aka PITA) first impressions

I can’t stress enough how annoying it is to fill this thing!!
My first few fills were with the eyedropper as I said. It’s almost just as bad with a needle tip bottle. Even though the needle tip fits into the small ass hole, it still spills out over the tank or out the other side.
The best option to minimize mess, is to very slowly, almost drop by drop, fill the tank…
Whoever thought this was sufficient, should be slapped

3 Likes

So it’s up for pre-order for $25.99 on VapeNW. Would you do it knowing what you know now? Or are you rating this tank a skip it?

They have one on ebay now for 33 free shipping. And you will get this year lol. Its out of Huston. But im seeing they are having issues with the top fill.

I wouldn’t buy one again, no. It’s now sitting on my shelf, because I am in no mood to fill it back up and stuff

1 Like

well crap, your making me feel happy to get mine to show up lol

1 Like

Sorry man…

I put a test juice in it the other day and I didn’t like it. Normally I would empty it and try another one but this thing is too much of a hassle, so on the shelf next to my TFV4 it goes!!!

You’ll see :wink:

1 Like

well they still haven’t even shipped mine yet. I do have the TFV4 mini coming and got it 5 days after the uwell

you can put it on my shelf if you want lol

1 Like

they did send a message. they said was a pre order, even though it said in stock lol. But they said it will ship tomorrow

1 Like

This is how the coils come, for those of you interested…

1 Like

Trade those things! Took me a while of bumping my listing to the top of the thread pile, but I was able to trade my TFV4 for an atomizer that I actually use on a daily basis!

2 Likes

Have I mentioned how fucking horrible this thing is to fill!?! I just decided to fill it again and for every ML that goes in, another pours all over the tank and the mod. Seriously! I can’t believe anyone would release such a pos fill system like this…it’s ridiculous

I will say one good thing about it though, it hits beautifully and smoothly, with gorgeous flavorful clouds! It’s the fill system that is keeping me from using it more often

2 Likes

I did watch Rip’s review and he mentioned that he usually bottom fills but I don’t think he went into much detail if he had issues filling it from the bottom.
Is filling from the bottom a PITA as well? Thank you for the great review , it is appreciated!

It isn’t necessarily a pain in the ass to bottom fill and all in all it’s probably a lot faster. So minus the removal of the tank from the mod, unscrewing the base, etc, there’s still not a whole heck of a lot of space.
If I’m using a needle tip, no issues but using an eye dropper is tricky. Very easy to get it in the chimney/chamber

2 Likes

Thank you @DarthVapor , the pic explains it well! I appreciate you taking the time to help myself and the others on the fence about picking one up.

1 Like

Performance wise, this thing is great! Granted I am on the stock coils but in comparison to the crown, this thing hits twice as hard and twice as big. Very clean feeling when you draw, if that makes sense?

Maintenance wise though…

2 Likes

:wink: lol

2 Likes

Another issue I have with this tank…

COILS
I know the vast majority of the people here build their own, I do not have that luxury as you know and that is the main reason I use my crowns…1-2 months on 1 coil that I can recycle.
The Rafale coils are shit…or at least this first one is. I’m not entirely accurate but I don’t think I have even had this for 1 week and the coil is destroyed…
The thing is, is I really haven’t used this tank that much, plus given the fact I have my other 6 tanks in rotation, I would guess maybe the total usage adds up to only 1 day…and the coil is trash…me no likey this!!
All the juices I have put in this tank (3), have only been a week old and crystal clear…
So I’m starting the clock now and I will write a log to see just how long this second coil will last…
I really want to like these tanks!!

I know they had some bad coils out. But it was my understanding they fixed that problem before they sold them. But it is possible to get a bad coil from time to time.Mine will be here tomorrow , all the problems I’m seeing everyone is having with this atty , I wish I would have just got the griffin lol. I hear they have a 25mm griffin in the works, may hold off till it comes out.

No it isn’t a bad coil at all and the problem they had wasn’t really “bad” coils, they just weren’t designed properly for the spit back tech. Again though, this was all before market and they should of never said anything.
It would be like WD40 attaching what was wrong with the first 39, pointless and gives a bad image.

Short of the long…the coils just don’t last :wink:

The rafale is like Uwell’s TFV4 for me…all about the bells and whistles, clouds and over complication. I would be willing to look past all the issues, if this thing produced superb flavor…clouds, yes.
Flavor,no.

1 Like