Vanilla Custard with a CRAP TON of flavor please!

Yes i can say without a doubt if you like cinnamon, cinnamon donut is good. Its easy to work with and add to. Its ok on its own but easily made better

1 Like

I know that’s right a little bit works good to build up VT carrot cake. Now if I could find the right pumpkin I could finish my sleepy hollow recipe (aka headless horseman’s pumpkin roll).

3 Likes

It is funny with some vt they do lack that little bit of what they should or could be and easy to work with.

1 Like

You remind me of myself when I started mixing!! before you know it,
you are gonna end up with 500+ flavors half you either don’t like or even know what to do with you will STILL WANT MORE ! AND start putting them in damn near everything you eat!

5 Likes

theyre good for food too! dont forget that theyre made for that reason! just remember how potent some are! I dilute with water, and go nuts I justify it by telling myself they will expire if I dont use them!

4 Likes

Babe, please check my flavor stash. IT IS NOT FREAKING FUNNY!
The sad part??? I need to get Raspberry Natural (FW) now, even though I already have just the non-natural Raspberry (FW).

4 Likes

Holy shit!! WOW! OMG!
you just put me to shame!

3 Likes

Now I gotta get more flavors

3 Likes

NO! If I can pass along just ONE life lesson, DO NOT BE OCD like me! Stick to flavors you KNOW you like, don’t try to get one of every single flavor EVER MADE ON EARTH!

4 Likes

I can honestly say i had way too many that i was never gonna use and gave them away and the ones that went off where poured down the drain. Bonus was i got a ton of 10ml and 30ml bottles. It is a ocd because you think of something you think will be good and you realize its just not working so you keep buying trying to find the ones that work with it. And before you you know you might have 50 concentrates just for one and then you move onto something else lol. I realized a little while back that i dont mix for enough people to have 300, 400, or even 500 concentrates. I have got under 100 a few times but 150 is all i go. I just replenish those. Now and then ill add a new ones just for a new idea. But i dont replace some of the others i dont use as much. But compared to what i was its nowhere near the hoarding. I learned after the vso i tried its better to stick with what you know is good and maximize them. Eventually ill just use 4 or 5 brands and thats it. Ill have 2-3 concentrates of other brands that i do use a lot. Its about control. Just gotta stop chasing the rabbit. You will realize it when you a shit ton of them and you go use one its not right anymore and you are dumping them. You finally realize how much money you just poured out.

In this whole thing i learned was, use what you need for you and whoever you mix for. Just because you think you need it doesnt mean you need to buy it. Use what you know and dont keep adding stuff you think will make it better. Because in the long run you will just muddle what you had. Hence the reason it takes me so long to finalize a project. Make it work with what you have not with what you think you dont have.

6 Likes

@KC111 I looked at your stash (for the first time ever) but you had posted the number of flavors in your stash before. I thought I was bad with about 12 different mangoes and bananas, looking for the ‘right’ ones. Now I’m down to 4 mangoes and 2 bananas.

You don’t need that 1 last Raspberry. Do you realize how many you have in your stash? Right around 60. Sixty. 5 dozen.
All our tastebuds are different, I’m sure you’ve tasted a good one already. IMHO, your 60 is probably more than any reviewer/mixer on here, but I’m not gonna look or anything.
In my mind, I’m just looking out for you two, but if either of you take offence to this post, send me a PM and I’ll never do it again publicly.

6 Likes

@big_vape I believe that @KC111 knows all too well that she has plenty of raspberries but I doubt that anyone telling her that she doesn’t need it will do much good. LMAO I think if and when she finally has ALL THE FLAVORS on the market she may finally be satisfied.

6 Likes

@Psycho_316 @big_vape @McDuckie
Yep, I am hopeless, LOL, but point taken. What would YOU guys recommend as a sub that is just as good, if not better than Raspberry Natural by FW? I want to make this recipe Check cookies. Also, what would you recommend as a sub that is just as good, if not better than Mandarin Orange (Organic) by NF? I see a recipe by @Plunderdrum Check cookies where I am just missing that 1 flavor?

Trust me, I appreciate the “look out”. I really, really wish there was a list out there that states ‘this sub for that flavor’ would work. I see those type of comments sometimes in ELR or in someone’s recipes.

And please don’t suggest I SFT, I just CAN’T for health reasons (Imagine having only 1/3 of 1 out of 2 good arms working with the energy of a Sloth.)

4 Likes

@KC111 pictures or it never happened. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ladycrooks, trust me, it’s not about the NUMBER of flavors, but the number of flavors you’ll actually USE, that’s the hard part. I’m still trying to get a handle on that LOL.

7 Likes

@big_vape shit, now I gotta go through MY Raspberries. I don’t even KNOW how many are on the racks.

5 Likes

I’ve already posted pictures last year, but this was my flavor stash THEN, yet I have amassed even more. Sorry to everyone else that has already seen these pictures.

What do you do if you give flavors away, then you encounter a recipe you want to make with that flavor you no longer have?

7 Likes

@KC111, I just checked the Master Spreadsheet. I have 18 in total, and this includes EVERY type including jams, Blue, Sweet, and Syrups.

4 Likes

Sub it !!!

5 Likes

It all looks good until the slide out drawers.

3 Likes