Vanilla custard

I have been using Flavorah Vanilla Custard lately and absolutely love it. It is more of an eggy type of custard which I feel is like the traditional vanilla pudding taste. It is also more concentrated than most alternatives and use around 3% for a full round custard flavor. It is also sweet and does not really need a sweetener unless you personally prefer sweeter.

4 Likes

@michelleTOC Give the Joytech Ego One Mega tank a look. They make a 1.8 ohm coil for it that has a more restrictive airflow for mouth to lung or a more open .5 ohm for sub ohm and lung hits. The tanks are pretty danged cheap @ the $15 to $16 mark. I still enjoy mine and primarily use them when I travel abroad. They also make a series of coils for them called CLR that are re-buildable. Maybe a decent alternative for you from the Nautilus and one that can carry you into sub-ohm when and if you decide to go that route. It is the same tank that comes in the Joytech Evic VTC Mini starter kit. (Not the Tron kit)

1 Like

Brad, Iā€™ll definitely look into it. I had the Kanger subox mini with the 1.8 coil which is how I figured I couldnā€™t subā€™ohm. I was coughing my head off. Having COPD and trying to away from that sensation LOL, I am almost afraid to do it again?

I use it too, but more in combination with CAPā€™s as it really kicks custard ass that way. I like about 5% CAP and 2% FLV - super duper yum yum.

6 Likes

On topic, I prefer Vanilla Custard (CAP). I have both V1 and V2. V2 is also very good but it takes longer to steep in my expreriences. I have Flavorahā€™s offering but I havenā€™t mixed with it yet. I like the FA offering and I like to mix it with CAPā€™s to add a very light lemony hint to the mix without adding more vanilla. Gonna have to try SthrnMixerā€™s suggestion with the Flavorah and the CAPā€™s it does sound yummy. Mixing the same flavor from 2 different mfgā€™s tends to add depth to a flavor. The best of both worlds maybe?

2 Likes

Canā€™t blame ya there. Maybe the EVIC VTC Mini kit would be a good start for you. You get total control over the temp of the vape, reduce the airflow and use the 1.8 ohm coils to keep away from that level of vapor production. Just an idea. If you do get it and it doesnā€™t work for you, hit me up. Iā€™ll buy it from you for what you paid for it.
duh, you canā€™t use the temp control for the 1.8 ohm coil. It is Kanthal.

1 Like

I still do mouth to lung hits on the subohm setup. Definite increase in flavor. The nautilus mini is an excellent setup when switching from analogues.

Right now I use and Atlantis 2 tank and a crown tank. The Atlantis is my testing tank. The crown is my adv tankā€¦great flavor, and coils last a long long timeā€¦technically I havnt change out my coil yet and the Atlantis tank Iā€™ve change 3 times in the same time period.

2 Likes

Hey @michelleTOC, thought I might drop in to the conversation with a pretty good tip for this.

If I ever need to tweak a recipe; I ā€œcopy as simple textā€ from the blue wrench then post it as a comment to the recipe. It helps to trim the text a bit by deleting the links and stuff off of the copy & paste. All I need is the title and flavor percentages.

Then I add any notes about body and flavor underneath; thick, creamy, rich, dry, harsh, throat-kick, too-sweet, under flavoredā€¦ you get the idea. I also note what changes I intend to make, not very detailed but something likeā€¦
Increase marshmallow to thicken
Reduce total fruit, harsh
Needs more Cow Bell :smirk:

After this is done I can make any changes I like. To track progress, I have a revision number at the end of my recipe title, v1, v2, v3 and so on. This revision number is in all the old comments Iā€™ve posted to my recipe incase I make several revisions and it becomes clear that the train is completely off the tracks. Now I can go back several comments and see that on v6 I noted that I was pretty damn close but on current version 12 Iā€™ve turned it into crap. The next comment will state that I reverted to v6 with different changes this time :sunglasses:

My oldest WIP is currently on v16 and has 34 comments for example. Iā€™m aware that this makes it look like I really suck at this but this recipe in particular is my current multi-flavored Holy Grail clone and when I finally do figure it out, much rejoicing will be had :laughing:

On that day, I will look something like thisā€¦

9 Likes

That is an awesome idea and I am stealing it now and there isnā€™t anything you can do about it! :wink:

1 Like

Hehehe, all yours man, glad it is useful. I was creating a new recipe for every revision to begin with but that soon became very difficult to keep up with cause Iā€™d need to open a new tab for each one to track my progress. Plus, my recipe list was getting hella long :laughing:

With this method, itā€™s all in one place and the notes are small. Wicked easy :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to take me a month to go through my recipes and weed out the old revisions. This is going to work great.

VC V1 (CAP) is pretty good by itself but sadly my wife absolutely hated the smell so i began mixing and two years later i have settled in a recipe, for now anyways as i am considering some nutmeg or eggnog. Here it is:

Simply Custard

6% Vanilla Custard V1 (5% will work too)
2% Cheesecake (LA)
2% Caramel (CAP)
Vanilla (MF) 2 Drops/10ml from the standard 15ml MF bottle, 3 drops/10ml if you drop VC V1 to 5%

One month curing time.

You could drop the Cheesecake (LA) to 1% if you wish, im quite certain it contains quite a bit of EM so it does gunk up coils pretty quick but it is essential to this recipe as it adds some creaminess/mouth feel that was lacking from the lowered VC V1 %. You can also substitute Vanillin 2% for the Vanilla (MF) but it will be no where near as creamy or natural tasting.

Anyways this is my main ADV

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a GREAT idea! thank you so much!!!

i am gonna give it a try also. wish i would have thought of it

1 Like

http://vaping.watch/image/cache/data/clockwerks-custard-197-228x228.jpg
Thatā€™s my favorite custard of all time

1 Like

iā€™m stealing it too. great idea

1 Like

michelle toc; whats so good about that clock works.also, where do you get it?

1 Like

My favorite is BRV Colonels Custard max vgā€¦wish I could replicate thatā€¦so yummy!

2 Likes

I honestly canā€™t put my finger on what makes it so incredible. Itā€™s eggy which I loveā€¦ not overly sweetā€¦ I just canā€™t vape enough of it.

Haha. I couldnā€™t resist!

6 Likes