Vape Mail 2020

bummer, might’ve just been unlucky?
Something for me to check the forums for first though, cheers

8 Likes

The other one is excellent, no issues at all so prob just an anomaly…

8 Likes

I think he got them from here

I was able to use coupon LOYAL15 for an extra 15% off too.

As far as the Cold Steel, Odin mini or the SXmini SL I would rate them this way. Note that the Odin mini I am referring too is the one with the DNA75C chip, not the less expensive one with the Dovpo chip.

For TC:

1 Odin mini
2 SL
3 Cold Steel

The Cold Steel is not bad at TC but you do have to run it at different Temps than the other 2 so not exactly accurate.

Build Quality:

1 SL
2 Odin Mini
3 Cold Steel

The SL is marketed as a high end mod and it is just that. The Odin mini isn’t that far off with it’s all aluminum cnc enclosure but the SL does have a more quality feel.

Battery life:

1 Cold Steel
2 Cold Steel
3 Cold Steel :cold_face:

As you can see the Cold Steel blows the other 2 away for battery life.

SXmini mod chips tend to have a parasitic draw on the battery, make sure you never leave a battery in them for a week or 2 as it will drain it down too far to be unusable. Also very finicky about batteries, only use the Moli P42 or samy 30T or 40T. There are some 21700’s with thicker wraps that will not fit as well.

The DNA75C chip in the Odin Mini is just not as efficient as the DNA250C. The 250C is something like 98% efficient, the 75C about 86% if I remember right. This just means shorter battery life and it is really noticeable compared to the Cold Steel.

Overall:

Being a TC guy the Odin mini sees the most use for me but it is the Cold Steel I will take on the road.

I do enjoy my SXmini SL’s but find the chip performance to be a step down from the G and T Class in terms of TC. It is not bad TC but not what I would expect from Yihi.

I do question the longevity of the Cold Steel based on what I have heard from others. I do hope to pick up a second one though as I would be bummed if mine stopped working.

16 Likes

Wait minute @JiM210, one’s missing !!!

10 Likes

awesome as usual mjag
cheers for that buddy

8 Likes

Here is where I posted the info. The prices were the best I’ve seen. Too late for the price break on the 18650’s but you have today(10/19) for the 20700’s and today through tommorow(10/20) for the 21700’s. Also check out the bottom link to possibly save an extra 15%

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/good-deals-2020/235270/988?u=jim210

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/good-deals-2020/235270/990?u=jim210

7 Likes

21700’s: A extra set for proper battery swap rotation. I already have 4. They drive two Steam Crave Hadron 220 mods. Now I can let a battery pair rest after charging.

The single 21700 is for a Arctic Dolphin Anita 100W single battery Squonk mod that I will someday receive from Fasttech, I hope.

The 18650’s are for the various single 18650 Squonk mods I have.

Haha. I’m trying to avoid getting more than I need. I’m surprised they gave me a case for the single battery. Other places only give a case for each pair of batteries purchased. I showed restraint and also reduced the cost by removing the extra 21700, the 18650 battery wraps I don’t need, and an extra 4 bay charger I don’t need from my shopping cart. If they had the Home Base charger in stock I would have bought it anyway.

10 Likes

Yes, the 21700’s are the way to go. I’m surprised we keep seeing new 18650 mods.

If you aren’t interested in temperature control, Aspire has a new single 21700/18650 mod called the Deco. It has the form factor of the Cold Steel. Damn good looking mod, IMO. Too bad it isn’t temp control.

https://vape.deals/aspire-deco/

13 Likes

Mine were supposed to be here today, but the PO decided to be lame and deliver tomorrow.

11 Likes

Hey bede, I tried to follow your aliexpress link and page not found. Is that because they no longer ship to the US? That’s what I heard, anyway.

10 Likes

I’ve been using mine for weeks now and still feels solid. It joined my daily rotation trio. Some of the new mods are going B2B (back to basics) with VW/VV. So said a reviewer anyway. I have been seeing more basic mods recently. Dovpo put out the Odin 100 per requests. Have you seen the Augvape VX217 (dual 21700/12V)?

11 Likes

That VX217 is a nice looking mod!

11 Likes

14 Likes

@Ianc13 How many Brunhilde MTL tanks do you have? :star_struck: Love it, dude.

11 Likes

@Dan_the_Man, 3 now mate. 2 black and 1 SS. I tend to collect things I know work for me, hence having 5 of the original 24mm Berserker RTA’s… lol

13 Likes

That’s correct.

You’re SOL for anything vape (eg: mods and atties) at AliExpress if you’re in the USA.

9 Likes

A friend gave me a VX217 kit and it stopped working after 2 or 3 days, didn’t hit the floor or anything, just bricked itself. Maybe I got unlucky but I have never had a mod just stop working after such a short amount of time. It wasn’t a great mod to begin with so no great loss. The subohm tank that came with it is pretty good, at least that still works :grin:

12 Likes

I can’t believe I didnt know they had an Orange besides the Blood Orange

14 Likes

Hmmm, Orange Citrus, interesting … I got the Shisha Orange that @wllmc tempted me with.

7 Likes

So Asmodus.com had a sale…watcha gonna do?

Tried to resist but a Kodama that holds dual 21700 and ditches the touchscreen for good ole buttons…oh wait…60% off!!! Resistance was futile…too bad 30mm has about little overhang but 28mm should fit flush.

20 Likes